What things don't you like in the G70?

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
It would also be nice if they had a little display in each temp knob to always show what the temp is set to. Many of the new cars are doing this, and I like the look and think it makes sense.
I went very in-depth on my research trying to find out if the car had this before it was released in California. I couldn't tolerate not having degree accuracy anymore (Used to drive a 2010 Corolla LE)

It really would be nice if we had greater control over the climate control settings via the remote start.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis G70
The only thing you can't do is flip on the seats. What more did you want?
Frankly, I just want it to recirculate air instead of sucking in outside air, but controlling if it's blasting at your face, feet, both, or defrost would be nice too. I've noticed it can vary on some days and its a bit perplexing why

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis G70
Defrost is available. But in AUTO, everything you just mentioned, is supposed to be controlled for you.....and that's what is flipped on when you remote start.

AdriaticBlueG70

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I suspect these may be first year issues, or perhaps not very common, but I've experienced a lot of squeaks, rattles, and buzzes coming from the sunroof, B-Pillar, seat rails, seat-belt latches, and more. A lot of these I had to fix myself, spending a considerable amount of time. The sad reality is, at least with Hyundai dealers, they will not put much effort into fixing these things for you.

The Genesis Connected Services (GCS) app running on the latest iPhone is painfully slow. Compared to what Tesla has done for a few years already on that front, this is kind of sad. If the situation does not improve at the end of the 3 year free period, I will not be renewing.

The car could be quieter at high speeds. The fact that a car at this price point doesn't have an acoustic windshield, at least, is disheartening.

Finally, Hyundai dealers have some of the worst service I've ever experienced. Get used to hearing "We cannot duplicate" a lot. I had a different experience with Mazda dealers, where they usually at least inspected the area of the car I was complaining about to see if there's anything there, even if they could not duplicate. They found, and fixed a lot of worn out bushings in my suspension that way. Anyway, the Hyundai dealers don't seem willing to do that. Their corporate folks are even worse, and simply deny anything is wrong.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis G90

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
^ there was a thread back in the day about how the G70 has only temp control glass and not acoustic: Joined the Club - 3.3T w/Elite Package

But that’s why this is in the G70 forum on a thread specifically about the G70. Because things can be different even though they are from the same company

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis G90

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Now that we're getting snow and ice this warm winter... there's no way to lift the windshield wipers up all the way out?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis G70
Now that we're getting snow and ice this warm winter... there's no way to lift the windshield wipers up all the way out?
Move the wipers to the Service position by turning on and then turning off your ignition...then move the wiper switch to the MIST position within 20 seconds and hold the switch more than 2 seconds until the wiper blade is in the fully up position.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Move the wipers to the Service position by turning on and then turning off your ignition...then move the wiper switch to the MIST position within 20 seconds and hold the switch more than 2 seconds until the wiper blade is in the fully up position.
Good to know, although it's not super convenient when you're just trying to clear snow or wash the windows. I'm always afraid I'm going to nick the paint on the rear edge of the hood. My last BMW was the same way, but none of the previous ones were. I prefer the old way.

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis G70
According to the manual

Remote start with Climate Control will terminate:
  • After 10 minutes or after selected engine timer runs out
  • Brake is pressed without proximity key inside vehicle
  • Alarm is triggered without proximity key inside vehicle
  • Door/trunk is opened from inside the vehicle
unless I’m missing something what action was he taking that caused the car to turn off? I’m sure it wasn’t ten minutes to get the wife settled in the car. I’m having the same issue with my g70. I auto start, then unlock from the fob or outside door, and car shuts off while I’m putting kiddo in the car seat. I don’t go to the driver door until after I have kiddo in. Doesn’t take more than a minute to get her in. Pretty frustrating- although arguably a pretty first world problem:LOL:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

KptKrunch

Registered Member
Edm
Genesis G70
unless I’m missing something what action was he taking that caused the car to turn off? I’m sure it wasn’t ten minutes to get the wife settled in the car. I’m having the same issue with my g70. I auto start, then unlock from the fob or outside door, and car shuts off while I’m putting kiddo in the car seat. I don’t go to the driver door until after I have kiddo in. Doesn’t take more than a minute to get her in. Pretty frustrating- although arguably a pretty first world problem:LOL:
I'm assuming you checked the timer right? There's options and max it will run is 7 minutes. When I activated it I think it was defaulting to 3 or 4 minutes. It's an 'environment' thing.

KptKrunch

Registered Member
Edm
Genesis G70
Further to that - I had an issue where the car wouldn't start. It was -26C and car was parked outside for about 7 hours. About 10 minutes before leaving I used the app to start the vehicle. No problem, car started. Ran the 7 minutes. When I got to the car, I opened the door as usual by hitting the button on the door handle, got in, put my foot on the brake, hit the start button and engine would not engage. Lots of juice, cranked like it was +26 out, so in my estimation it wasn't getting gas. I tried several times over a 10 minute period. Tried the app again too, first time it wouldn't do it because the the door was open (I was in the car with the doors unlocked) so I thought ok, I'll lock the door and try again. It failed again with a message to contact roadside assistance.

So then I left the vehicle, locked it. Unlocked it and got back in, tried again, still wouldn't start. Sat there another couple of minutes..oh hit the roadside assistance button, went on hold but then it just disconnected during this. I tried again in a couple minutes - vroooom started right up with no issues.

Anyone else have anything like this happen to them? Luckily I was (sort of) in town. More than close enough to get a tow in to the dealership. However, if that happens out of town I'm going to be screwed. My thought is, for some reason the vehicle could not read my keyfob and therefore would not release the gas to the engine. Then all of a sudden it did read it and off I went. I hope it was a fluke, if it does it again I'll call Genesis and have it looked at.

Azmatik

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Another thing to add to the list is the gas door. I have alot of difficulty opening the gas door because of winter and there is no finger grabber indent. Now I have to bring around something plastic to try and pry it open while trying not to scratch the paint every week, the button doesn't do anything and to make it worse I obvioisly can't push the button and pull at the same time!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums