• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

What things don't you like in the G70?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Further to that - I had an issue where the car wouldn't start. It was -26C and car was parked outside for about 7 hours. About 10 minutes before leaving I used the app to start the vehicle. No problem, car started. Ran the 7 minutes. When I got to the car, I opened the door as usual by hitting the button on the door handle, got in, put my foot on the brake, hit the start button and engine would not engage. Lots of juice, cranked like it was +26 out, so in my estimation it wasn't getting gas. I tried several times over a 10 minute period. Tried the app again too, first time it wouldn't do it because the the door was open (I was in the car with the doors unlocked) so I thought ok, I'll lock the door and try again. It failed again with a message to contact roadside assistance.

So then I left the vehicle, locked it. Unlocked it and got back in, tried again, still wouldn't start. Sat there another couple of minutes..oh hit the roadside assistance button, went on hold but then it just disconnected during this. I tried again in a couple minutes - vroooom started right up with no issues.

Anyone else have anything like this happen to them? Luckily I was (sort of) in town. More than close enough to get a tow in to the dealership. However, if that happens out of town I'm going to be screwed. My thought is, for some reason the vehicle could not read my keyfob and therefore would not release the gas to the engine. Then all of a sudden it did read it and off I went. I hope it was a fluke, if it does it again I'll call Genesis and have it looked at.
Have not had anything like that happen before.

Occasionally it doesn't allow me to remote start in certain areas, giving me the error message that the server was unavailable or something from within the app. But every time I start it from within the car it starts right up very first time.

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Another thing to add to the list is the gas door. I have alot of difficulty opening the gas door because of winter and there is no finger grabber indent. Now I have to bring around something plastic to try and pry it open while trying not to scratch the paint every week, the button doesn't do anything and to make it worse I obvioisly can't push the button and pull at the same time!

Ditto! First good frost in the area the door stuck closed at the gas station. Had my key chain in my hand and decided against it. Ended up using a credit card. Still cringed a little doing that on a new paint.
Will have to try Ed’s silicone trick.
The ‘move south’ thing is a work in progress. I’m originally from Massachusetts, wife from Pennsylvania, live in Virginia , and wife still wants to move further south:oops:

Azmatik

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Spray a little silicone where the door makes contact
A smack with the palm of you hand may release it
There is a manual release inside the trunk
Move south.
I will check out this manual release and maybe some sort of spray to hold back the freezing. Im sure I already looked like an idiot banging on my car non stop - pressing the button - banging on car - pressing button and so on for about 8mins 😁

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Carguy55

G70 Design Edition in Clinton Township, MI
Clinton Township, Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can try using an old plastic gift card and work it around the gas door gaps to free it up. I had to do that to my C6 Corvette coupe to allow the driver's window to index during the winter; otherwise I couldn't fully close the door until the ice on the window seals thawed...
Enjoy,
Carguy55

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Less of something I don't like and more of something I wish they would change. I remember this irritating me when I first bought the car almost two years ago, but now I was reminded after having a rental with this feature. Anyway...

I wish the heated steering wheel and seats would remember their last setting if the car is restarted with ~10-15 minutes. BMW has this and the 2019 Ford Fusion rental I just had last week had this feature!

It is nice if you if you say have the heated steering wheel on high and the seat to level 1, then stop at a gas station to fill up or a store to quickly run in and then you get back in the car and start it and you don't have to turn everything back on to the same level.

This is definitely a first world problem and again just another minor (and easy to fix) thing on the G70 that keeps it from being perfect. :)

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Less of something I don't like and more of something I wish they would change. I remember this irritating me when I first bought the car almost two years ago, but now I was reminded after having a rental with this feature. Anyway...

I wish the heated steering wheel and seats would remember their last setting if the car is restarted with ~10-15 minutes. BMW has this and the 2019 Ford Fusion rental I just had last week had this feature!

It is nice if you if you say have the heated steering wheel on high and the seat to level 1, then stop at a gas station to fill up or a store to quickly run in and then you get back in the car and start it and you don't have to turn everything back on to the same level.

This is definitely a first world problem and again just another minor (and easy to fix) thing on the G70 that keeps it from being perfect. :)
My only complaint with the heated steering wheel is that it simply doesn't get very hot. I haven't had an opportunity to try out another G70 heated wheel in winter yet, so I don't know if that issue is only with my particular car or the G70 in general. In my previous 2003 Maxima the wheel would get so hot that it could be hard to hold onto without gloves, I actually miss that on super cold days where it's -30 outside.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In my previous Volvo vehicle I was concerned about the heated seats being just warm, no more, even on high. The owner forum told me this could be adjusted at the dealership. I asked and they delivered. There were three settings accessible by them alone and the car was on their #1. They put me at their #2 and that was enough. There were also three settings for driver adjustment, different than what dealer does. My newer low was like previous medium and my new high was higher than previous high. I am talking here about a change in the ECU or something that controls factors out of driver ability. Perhaps the same is true for Genesis.

Redwing

Registered Member
Northville, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My only complaint with the heated steering wheel is that it simply doesn't get very hot. I haven't had an opportunity to try out another G70 heated wheel in winter yet, so I don't know if that issue is only with my particular car or the G70 in general. In my previous 2003 Maxima the wheel would get so hot that it could be hard to hold onto without gloves, I actually miss that on super cold days where it's -30 outside.
Hmm, I took a couple of test drives a couple of weeks back and the wheel was pretty hot. Not enough to burn but more than enough to feel it through my gloves. With gloves off, it was almost too hot. Outside temp was around 32 F. At least that's my very limited experience.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In my previous Volvo vehicle I was concerned about the heated seats being just warm, no more, even on high. The owner forum told me this could be adjusted at the dealership. I asked and they delivered. There were three settings accessible by them alone and the car was on their #1. They put me at their #2 and that was enough. There were also three settings for driver adjustment, different than what dealer does. My newer low was like previous medium and my new high was higher than previous high. I am talking here about a change in the ECU or something that controls factors out of driver ability. Perhaps the same is true for Genesis.
That would be pretty amazing if this is possible with the G70. I find that that seats are actually too warm for my tastes, even on the lowest setting. Ability to fine tune the heated seats and steering wheel would be great.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like the seats, but agree the steering wheel could be hotter. I personally found on my last few BMW's that the newer ones weren't as hot as the older ones. My buddies new QX80 is also not as hot as the old QX56 he had before. We were kind of thinking they might not be as hot on newer vehicles due to legal/liability issues nowadays. Lawyers ruin all the fun. lol

AdriaticBlueG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dealer's in Chicago don't seem to care about these cars. Those that do seem incompetent and make things worse. Corporate is no better. I've been living with this, and a steering whee popping feeling and noise for over a month with zero help from the dealers or corporate. In summary, the cars may be nice, but after sales support is beyond awful.

gdevine

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m always bummed out when the remote start fails to process
I can't seem to get the remote start to work form the Genesis App. States Server offline or something like that. However, If I use the Alexa App to start the vehicle, it works every time. Don't know what that's about.

Terdbath

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does anyone know what conditions must be met for the touch screen to keep the display choice that was present when shutting the car down then restarting? Many times I like to have the radio/Sirius in full screen display mode but upon start up it usually goes back to the home mode where half the screen is nav and the other half is audio. There are times when going into a gas station and upon restart it will display whatever I had set prior to shut off. I havnt been able to pin down if its a timing thing or if I did somethign randomly to allow the screen to stay the same upon restart. Anyone else notice this or have this happen?

leechri3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Dealer's in Chicago don't seem to care about these cars. Those that do seem incompetent and make things worse. Corporate is no better. I've been living with this, and a steering whee popping feeling and noise for over a month with zero help from the dealers or corporate. In summary, the cars may be nice, but after sales support is beyond awful.

This would drive me crazy, both the sound and the lack of support. I'm sure my dad would tell me to just add some WD-40.

chekraze

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I haven't gone through all the posts but to my eye it seems like they could have had a little less gap between the top of the tires and fender (fender well gap) on the Sport model. It looks perfect in all other ways.

Does the car lower via adaptive suspension once you're driving in sport mode?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums