Wind Noise Issues - Mirrors

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
I've never had a whistle sound on my G70, at any speed. Just finished a little road trip today and it was smooth, quiet, and comfortable. No whistling whatsoever.

I wonder what's causing it?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

MotownMJ

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I've never had a whistle sound on my G70, at any speed. Just finished a little road trip today and it was smooth, quiet, and comfortable. No whistling whatsoever.

I wonder what's causing it?
I think your idea is good but go a step further. If tape on the mirror makes no difference put some tape over door seams or window seams.

“The OP also says he hears it through the audio feed. I have to wonder if it is not wind at all but an electronics problem.”

nope- I meant to say that even with the stereo playing to drown it out I can still here it.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70

I re-read your original post. I didn't realize it was only making that sound with the driver's window down. I usually don't drive with the windows down at that speed (~55mph). With the windows up I have no whistling whatsoever.

Please clarify... Does it make that sound with all the windows down? Or only the driver's side window down?

And speaking of wind noise being tested prior to arrival to the market, let's not forget the new Supra. That thing has HORRIBLE wind noise with the windows down, and it was found to be an aerodynamic side effect of an otherwise well designed car. It's very possible our cars have a whistle at moderate speeds with the windows down.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
One reason I bought a Genesis was the climate control. Only time my window is down is at the drive thru window and my speeds are usually lower.
I'm similar. I only have the windows all the way down if I'm cruising at neighborhood speeds. Occasionally I'll have them almost 1/4 of the way down when going faster.

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I rarely drive with my windows down. Remember when you would use thumbtacks to hold the headliner up? No thanks, I don't want to risk messing up the nice alcantara one in our cars.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums