2015 3.8 Ultimate Stereo Issues Anyone Else?

gmvracer

Hasn't posted much yet...
I had the 1G and really enjoyed the system with no issues and therefore felt the new 2G fully loaded 3.8 AWD would at least match or exceed it. However the system has never been up to par with the 1G. Not even close. Seems like I need to turn the volume way up to get it to start kicking and especially when playing XM. I have XM in my other 4 cars with no issues but ever since I had the the 2G XM would just go out for no reason for like 20+ minutes. Now it's displaying "subscription updated" over & over and I have to keep refreshing xm signal to radio. The dealer looked at it and state they can't find anything???

tmiami

Yes I have had this issue, but it was with my 2012. I also had to do the same, turn ignition off to get radio back on.
I now have a 2016 4 door sedan with only 14k miles. This is my 3rd Genesis in a row. So far I don't recall having to do this,,,,yet.
But here is a topper....my current 2016 Genesis was struck in November 2017, in an accident, from behind. Strike began on left rear of vehicle and continued damage to rear quarter panel, trunk area, etc. Repairable and as of yesterday, I have it back.
The radio they claim stopped working and they updated during the end of the repair. They told me the amplifier was damaged and they had to find factory one and replace it. I am looking at the repair bill and it shows cost as $1708.84 , but the bill also shows the item as "Amplifier w/surround sound w/14 speaker system". Now, is it just me or does anyone else see this bill like I do? It reads and appears to me that the amp replacement came with the 14 speaker system. Therefore, my question is where are my 14 speakers I paid for? Because I am sure they were not damaged, and, they never reported that they were. Please someone help me clarify if I am right or wrong. I quoted exactly as on bill at time of pickup after dealership had my car for 2 months doing repairs.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It reads and appears to me that the amp replacement came with the 14 speaker system. Therefore, my question is where are my 14 speakers I paid for? Because I am sure they were not damaged, and, they never reported that they were. Please someone help me clarify if I am right or wrong. I quoted exactly as on bill at time of pickup after dealership had my car for 2 months doing repairs.
I think they are just differentiating between the 14 speaker system and the 17 speaker system. You did not pay for the speakers already in place. If you had service and they charged "oil filter w/ 5.0 liter engine" it does not mean you got a new engine, just the one that fits that particular engine.

brimcg

Don't worry, you wouldn't want those speakers anyway. I pulled the subwoofer to install an aftermarket box. It was the saddest excuse for a speaker I've ever seen!

2GenGen

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I have a 2015 3.8 AWD Ultimate with 48K miles. I don't play my music excessively loud and just had my THIRD amplifier replaced. I fear the 4th. Something is faulty or underpowered, this is not normal.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.