• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2017/2018 radio swap in 2016 ultimate?

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)

Black_G80

Hasn't posted much yet...
I'd love to be able to interact with them and see if we can get something going, having both the OSes and the application sources from both sides, maybe someone over there would know what needs doing to make things go.
That’s what I’m trying to do but I can’t find way to communicate with them,

Black_G80

the translation is not that good but at least it will give you an Idea about what he trying to say !
Also there is a video but I do not know how to upload it

View attachment 26140
Today I was be able to communicate with this guy (he is a really nice person actually) and that’s exactly what he told me after I send him this video !

“I've made similar attempts. But music doesn't come out once. There is no voice. Navigation also works ... GPS. But no music comes out. So I replaced the head unit I replaced the amplifier. Android Auto and CarPlay will work.”

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
The sound still not working...
Yeah... Bummer. Seems like the newer HU & AMP are tied together via firmware somehow. Just a guess - this stuff is so far above my head, I can't even see the bottom of it!

sitavan

Genesis Model Type
Yeah. . That's not a 9.2 screen.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I guess that the burning question is that - is that a later model H/U & amp or is it a 2015-16 H/U w/ modified software...?

Black_G80

the software is running in Korean mainland mode, some things are slightly different in terms of order and placement. Plus they get DMB stuff too I think.
So can we do the same things that he did ?

If so,what parts that need change or

replace....and how much will it cost?

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums