• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 G70 Canada

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Dynamic was the lowest-selling of the four core trims (i.e. excluding 2.0T Advanced and 2.0T Sport 6MT). The top seller by far is the 3.3T Sport, but many customers expressed that they wished they could have a fully-loaded 3.3T with the coloured leather and 19" machine-finished wheels. The 3.3T Prestige fills this void.
That is somewhat surprising to me, but it makes sense for a premium car where people want all the features.

LD5050

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Wow. That puts the 2020 3.3T G70 choices at or above what I paid for my 2019 3.3T G80 Sport.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I believe it is a case of your father being wrong. The Sport 2.0t can be automatic. From all accounts the US configurator is very accurate so you can get an idea of all of the trims and options from that.
I checked earlier today and pulled up window stickers and you're correct. The trim naming is interesting to me I guess.

TW428

Registered Member
Toronto, ON
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The Dynamic was the lowest-selling of the four core trims (i.e. excluding 2.0T Advanced and 2.0T Sport 6MT). The top seller by far is the 3.3T Sport, but many customers expressed that they wished they could have a fully-loaded 3.3T with the coloured leather and 19" machine-finished wheels. The 3.3T Prestige fills this void.
Hi Patrick. I realize that it may be commercially-sensitive information but what sort of sales has Genesis Canada seen for the 2.0T Sport? I'm just curious as to how small our group of 6MT owners is here in the Great White North. Thanks.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi Patrick. I realize that it may be commercially-sensitive information but what sort of sales has Genesis Canada seen for the 2.0T Sport? I'm just curious as to how small our group of 6MT owners is here in the Great White North. Thanks.
I recall him saying on the forum that the take rate is about 5%, I am fairly sure but please correct me if I am wrong.

dynot

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Although their website has the 2020 models I wonder how long it will be before they get that inventory. If the wait time is as some have reported it should be in 8-10 weeks which would bring us to sometime in July. Anyone have any inside info?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Although their website has the 2020 models I wonder how long it will be before they get that inventory. If the wait time is as some have reported it should be in 8-10 weeks which would bring us to sometime in July. Anyone have any inside info?
Shouldn't be that long. The 2019 cars were on the road in end of April or beginning of May I believe.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Is it customary in Canada for new car models to come out at this time of the year? I can understand the first year model coming out early (March-April) to generate a buzz, but I thought that after the first year the next year would come out around August-Sept which seems typical in the US. So that's why I didn't really expect the 2020 G70 to be in the US for a few months. But if Canada is any indication, maybe the US will also get the 2020 early too?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is it customary in Canada for new car models to come out at this time of the year? I can understand the first year model coming out early (March-April) to generate a buzz, but I thought that after the first year the next year would come out around August-Sept which seems typical in the US. So that's why I didn't really expect the 2020 G70 to be in the US for a few months. But if Canada is any indication, maybe the US will also get the 2020 early too?
Not normally. Only first year releases and mid-cycle refreshes tend to appear early!

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I mean I doubt the US will put out the 2020 soon. They have so many 2019s at the port that they need to sell first. Mind you, Canada got the G70 long before us in the US.

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I mean I doubt the US will put out the 2020 soon. They have so many 2019s at the port that they need to sell first. Mind you, Canada got the G70 long before us in the US.
How do we know how many cars are at the port? Seems like they stopped producing G70's sometime around August of last year; possibly due to the unexpected problems with US dealership licensing and such. If that were true, they could run out of 2019's sooner than expected and that would mean an early release of the 2020's. If you look back at this time last year, we were expecting G70's "any day now" and we expected to be on the heels of Canada's release. In both cases, they were first year model releases, so both were not the norm. Not getting up my hopes for an early 2020, but not dismissing it either.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums