• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 G70 Canada

dynot

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
2020s will be available very shortly. I have already ordered my 2020 G70 3.3T Sport and it will be arriving within a week or two.
Wow that's quick. Did you order through a GXM or on-line? I'm waiting for my model appear in their website (2.0 Prestige) but I guess I could order from a GXM if that's an option. I don't mind waiting though as my original intention was to buy for sometime mid to late summer.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The 2019 inventory is almost gone, 2020s are being actively released now. There's good stock on the ground at port and we have some currently moving cross-country on rail to the various compounds.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
How do we know how many cars are at the port? Seems like they stopped producing G70's sometime around August of last year; possibly due to the unexpected problems with US dealership licensing and such. If that were true, they could run out of 2019's sooner than expected and that would mean an early release of the 2020's. If you look back at this time last year, we were expecting G70's "any day now" and we expected to be on the heels of Canada's release. In both cases, they were first year model releases, so both were not the norm. Not getting up my hopes for an early 2020, but not dismissing it either.
It definitely could happen. I just think with the way their shipping out genesis inventory (at least in California it’s based on a point system and how much they can sell) there are probably plenty of 2019s. I mean, the dealer my father works at has known they would get a dynamic edition for almost a month and a half still haven’t received it. Fingers crossed though, I really want that dynamic edition 😩

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If most dealers are like my local dealer (Hyundai), the Genesis cars are sitting in a back lot, collecting dust while used cars take up the space on the front lot. No one hardly knows they carry Genesis brand at that location. Then they wonder why they're sitting on them. I don't know, maybe they're hoarding till an independent dealership is built. 🤷‍♂️

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow that's quick. Did you order through a GXM or on-line? I'm waiting for my model appear in their website (2.0 Prestige) but I guess I could order from a GXM if that's an option. I don't mind waiting though as my original intention was to buy for sometime mid to late summer.
I manage Genesis Edmonton. :)

If you're in Canada, your order will always be handled by a GXM whether you speak to the GXM directly or order the vehicle on Genesis at Home.

2.0T Prestige will be delayed compared to other trims so it might not appear on the website until later on, perhaps later in May. It will definitely be available before summer.

If most dealers are like my local dealer (Hyundai), the Genesis cars are sitting in a back lot, collecting dust while used cars take up the space on the front lot. No one hardly knows they carry Genesis brand at that location. Then they wonder why they're sitting on them. I don't know, maybe they're hoarding till an independent dealership is built. 🤷‍♂️
Many automotive dealerships are primarily focused on being used car dealers as it tends to be a more profitable business model in this day and age.

I know that at least here in Canada there is a strong separation between Hyundai and Genesis. I have a boutique store at a new mall by the International Airport here separate from my parent Hyundai store. We are eventually getting a new dealership separate from Hyundai.

*...patiently waits for his 2019 G70 delivery in California...* :rip:
F

Last edited:

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
I would have paid $500 last year for the power trunk. Good to see some change for 2020. (y)
I never find myself in a position to use that feature but glad to see some upgrades but also glad its not something i need to upgrade for lol hopefully that stays the same in 2021

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I use my trunk all the time (throw my work bag in there for customer visits). Not gonna lie, it would be nice to just push a button and have it close like the higher models.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I use my trunk all the time (throw my work bag in there for customer visits). Not gonna lie, it would be nice to just push a button and have it close like the higher models.
IMO its hardly an upgrade unless you're in the habit of getting in your car without closing the trunk. Our trunks are basically "soft close" with the limited amount of force needed to engage the lock, aka you don't have to slam it shut, so why is the whole automatic thing thaaat much better?

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
IMO its hardly an upgrade unless you're in the habit of getting in your car without closing the trunk. Our trunks are basically "soft close" with the limited amount of force needed to engage the lock, aka you don't have to slam it shut, so why is the whole automatic thing thaaat much better?
I think that some don't want to touch their trunk/cause fingerprints. My trunk seems to require a bit of "oomph" to close it. That said--I definitely get that it is a nice add, but not having it does not detract from my enjoyment of the car--At All. I am really enjoying this car. :)

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Cause you can close your trunk from the keyfob too!
Walk away and press the trunk button and look gangsta while it automatically closes on its own!