2020 G70 Canada

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Most 3.3T buyers care more about throttle response and performance over a bit of fuel savings so it was a conscious decision to delete the auto start/stop function. Personally, I would have hated it if the 3.3T had auto start/stop.
I just have a huge thing about blanks especially in my line of sight. I hated the A4 for this. Loved how it drove but couldn't get myself to buy it even though the dealer was giving me all sorts of discounts on whatever I wanted.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That is a bummer. I like the 2019 colors ok, but was hoping for some alternate color choice options and maybe interior trim color options to set apart 2020 models. Tire brand changes only will make it harder to spot a 2020 vs 2019. The Korean Genesis site showed a two tone dash that looked nice.
For G70, there isn't a single interior colour offered globally that isn't available here in Canada. The 3.3T Prestige offers all 5.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Interesting that Genesis developed those new buttons for the 3.3T. It really shows their attention to detail and commitment to the best for their customers.

Dxun

Alberta
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Most 3.3T buyers care more about throttle response and performance over a bit of fuel savings so it was a conscious decision to delete the auto start/stop function. Personally, I would have hated it if the 3.3T had auto start/stop.
So just to confirm - 2020 3.3T _still_ does not have auto start/stop feature? I think my decision got a lot easier then.

Also, judging by the Canadian website (and please correct me if I am wrong), the 2.0T Prestige should also have all colour combinations available as a factory order? Is there anything else that we could make a factory order on?

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So just to confirm - 2020 3.3T _still_ does not have auto start/stop feature? I think my decision got a lot easier then.

Also, judging by the Canadian website (and please correct me if I am wrong), the 2.0T Prestige should also have all colour combinations available as a factory order? Is there anything else that we could make a factory order on?
Correct; the 3.3T does not have auto start/stop. The photo I posted previously is from my 2020 G70 3.3T Sport and would be the same for a 3.3T Prestige.

The Prestige has 5 different color interiors available so as long as the color you want is readily available you could get your hands on one when they are released in a few weeks. Otherwise you would have to factory order.

You located in Edmonton or in Calgary?

dynot

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The Prestige has 5 different color interiors available so as long as the color you want is readily available you could get your hands on one when they are released in a few weeks.?
If I want a specific colour combination do you think I should place an order now by talking to a GXM or can I wait until their release?

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If I want a specific colour combination do you think I should place an order now by talking to a GXM or can I wait until their release?
I'd place an order sooner than later. Not all color combinations are common and some aren't even ordered as they have a low take rate. Therefore, you could be waiting indefinitely unless you place an order.

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just curious, in your experience what's the average delivery wait for a factory order G70?
Here's the normal timeline, assuming no delays - noting that each step of the process can have delays. Usual caveats; YMMV, Canada only, etc.. For the sake of this example I'll use Toronto as a baseline. Vancouver would naturally be a lot faster, anywhere east of here a bit slower.

1. Ordering: Depending where you catch HQ in the order cycle, it's usually around 2-3 weeks to get the order transmitted and into the production plan assuming we haven't already ordered the combination in question for our next batch of stock units.

2. Build/Ship: Provided the car can be sequenced in with no issues, the build is fairly quick, but the time to hit the dock and load on a boat varies. Assume 1-2 weeks to be safe.

3. Sea: From Ulsan to Vancouver is usually 2 weeks on the nose at sea. What can slow this down is if the ship diverts to Portland first. Rare but sometimes happens if the load is primarily U.S.-bound vehicles.

4. Port Processing: Call it 2-7 days for the car to get unloaded and put on a rail car, depending on the time of year and how busy the port is. Annacis Island lands all Asian inbound vehicles except for Mazda, in addition to handling processing for the west coast for some German brands. At any time there can be upwards of 15,000 vehicles on property. Busy place.

5. Rail: Once loaded, it's about 8 days on rail to our compound near Toronto.

6. Trucking: Again, timing varies on the point in the year, but call it 3-7 days to get your new car on a truck and sent for final delivery. The truck generally arrives same-day.

TOTAL: Approximately 8-10 weeks for a completely net-new order to arrive in Toronto, call it 8-12 with a bit more of a fudge factor. As I mentioned, timing can vary for better or worse, but is usually in this ballpark.

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^That's pretty dang good for getting a brand new car, right from the assembly line from Korea.

I wish we could do that in the US. Would be so cool.

Dxun

Alberta
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Correct; the 3.3T does not have auto start/stop. The photo I posted previously is from my 2020 G70 3.3T Sport and would be the same for a 3.3T Prestige.

The Prestige has 5 different color interiors available so as long as the color you want is readily available you could get your hands on one when they are released in a few weeks. Otherwise you would have to factory order.

You located in Edmonton or in Calgary?
Thanks for clearing that up!
Located in Calgary.

Colours notwithstanding, how far in terms of customisations can we expect? In particular, I'd be _exceptionally_ interested in sunroof delete on 2.0T Prestige trim, as well as (but far less interested on) having non-staggered 18'' wheels (as opposed to staggered, 19'' configuration). Would something like this be doable?

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for clearing that up!
Located in Calgary.

Colours notwithstanding, how far in terms of customisations can we expect? In particular, I'd be _exceptionally_ interested in sunroof delete on 2.0T Prestige trim, as well as (but far less interested on) having non-staggered 18'' wheels (as opposed to staggered, 19'' configuration). Would something like this be doable?
No customization is possible, just colour selection.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.