2020 G70 Canada

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Patrick, let us know when you have more info on the 3.3 Prestige. I'm 90% likely to go that route vs. the 3.3 Sport. Thanks.
He's already posted the changes in the following post
Here are all the changes for 2020.

2.0T Advanced AWD ($42,000)
+ New metallic silver 18" wheel finish

2.0T Sport RWD 6MT ($45,500)
No changes

2.0T Elite AWD ($47,000)
+ New metallic silver 18" wheel finish

2.0T Prestige AWD ($52,000)
+ Power trunk lid w/ proximity activation
+ 19" Michelin MXM4 all-season tires (replace previous Pilot Sport 4 summer tire)

3.3T Dynamic AWD ($52,000)
Trim level eliminated

3.3T Prestige AWD ($56,000)
NEW TRIM LEVEL - Includes all 2.0T Prestige equipment, plus:
- 3.3L Twin-Turbo V6
- Brembo brakes
- Variable Gear Ratio (VGR) steering
- Dual exhaust outlets

3.3T Sport AWD ($58,000 > +$500 vs. 2019)
+ Power trunk lid w/ proximity activation

The only line above that may be a bit of a surprise for many of the forum is the new 18" wheel finish. While I personally really like the previous dark grey finish on the 18" wheels, it doesn't match the bright chrome on the non-Sport cars very well. As such, a new metallic silver wheel finish has been selected to better match the car's brightwork. The 19" Prestige and 19" Sport wheels carry over unchanged.

Both Prestige models were a couple of months behind in production and will appear on the website some time in May or June.

PD705

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Saw that. I'm interested in firm delivery dates, colour changes, if any, lease rates, etc. none of which are known at this point.
No colour changes. Deliveries will begin in early June, likely.

dynot

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have my 2020 G70 3.3T Sport AWD now. :)
Cool...so they're starting to deliver the 2020's. Wish they'd hurry up and list the complete range of trims. I'd love to get mine by July but I can't even order it yet.

When did you order yours? Also, what date was it manufactured?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Cool...so they're starting to deliver the 2020's. Wish they'd hurry up and list the complete range of trims. I'd love to get mine by July but I can't even order it yet.

He works at a dealership in Canada.... Or, at least their equivalent of a dealership. I wish we (USA) had the same sales system as them.

Hellothere

Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine is coming on May 23. Got the Siberian Ice 3.3T Sport 2020. It would have been nice to have different colour seats like the US model. Personally prefer the grey stitching rather than red, I also like the different colour leather seats. Alas, this trim does not offer it.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine is coming on May 23. Got the Siberian Ice 3.3T Sport 2020. It would have been nice to have different colour seats like the US model. Personally prefer the grey stitching rather than red, I also like the different colour leather seats. Alas, this trim does not offer it.
Sport in the USA only has black seats like up north...with the 2 stitching options. I heard that you can special order the gray stitching in Canada. Not sure if true.

Nice exterior color choice btw...;)

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I manage Genesis Edmonton so I was able to order it a few weeks ago. 2020s are here in Canada now. It was probably manufactured about 3-4 months ago.

Sport in the USA only has black seats like up north...with the 2 stitching options. I heard that you can special order the gray stitching in Canada. Not sure if true.

Nice exterior color choice btw...;)
Yes, you can get particular exterior colors with Grey stitching here in Canada! However, Siberian Ice with Sport Grey is not one of those combos and would need to be factory ordered, if possible.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
View attachment 19874 Minor difference but the dead button by the Drive Mode knob is gone on the 3.3T Sport.
Now if they had this last year, I would have considered the 3.3t more. I hated the blank!
Wonder why they didn't put in the idle stop start on the V6 when the Stinger has it?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You would have bought the 3.3 over the 2.0 b/c of a blank button?

I think we need to talk buddy. Remember...pot is legal up there!!! LOL
Yeah I mentioned that before I got the car. I can't under blanks!
The blank button was the first reason and fuel consumption was a far second!

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
No colour changes. Deliveries will begin in early June, likely.
That is a bummer. I like the 2019 colors ok, but was hoping for some alternate color choice options and maybe interior trim color options to set apart 2020 models. Tire brand changes only will make it harder to spot a 2020 vs 2019. The Korean Genesis site showed a two tone dash that looked nice.

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Now if they had this last year, I would have considered the 3.3t more. I hated the blank!
Wonder why they didn't put in the idle stop start on the V6 when the Stinger has it?
Most 3.3T buyers care more about throttle response and performance over a bit of fuel savings so it was a conscious decision to delete the auto start/stop function. Personally, I would have hated it if the 3.3T had auto start/stop.