• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 G70 U.S. availability

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
San Francisco, CA - Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Since we now have 2020 cars on lots, who will be the first to verify the new colors in person?

2019 --> 2020
Santiago Silver - Savile Silver
Casablanca White - Uyuni White
Victoria Black - Vik Black

Are they just new names for last year's colors or are they new colors?

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Since we now have 2020 cars on lots, who will be the first to verify the new colors in person?

2019 --> 2020
Santiago Silver - Savile Silver
Casablanca White - Uyuni White
Victoria Black - Vik Black

Are they just new names for last year's colors or are they new colors?
Woah...what? I know the color names are different outside of NA...but still the same colors.

Where do you see those color names?

Update...
ok I see that now. Bizarre.

2020 cars in Canada have the same color names as 2019 (same as USA).

Update 2...
These are color names used in S.Korea. Wonder if they f’d up the Window Stickers. I bet they did.

Just go to the S.Korean website and build a G70. Same colors...different names.

Last edited:

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Woah...what? I know the color names are different outside of NA...but still the same colors.

Where do you see those color names?

Update...
ok I see that now. Bizarre.

2020 cars in Canada have the same color names as 2019 (same as USA).

Update 2...
These are color names used in S.Korea. Wonder if they f’d up the Window Stickers. I bet they did.

Just go to the S.Korean website and build a G70. Same colors...different names.
The new color names are shown in the 2020 US brochure posted a few days ago in this thread, so I don't think there's a mistake. I tend to agree that they are the same colors with new names, but no idea why they changed some, but not others.

ctrcbob

Been here awhile...
Sleuthing for 2020 info, I found what appears to be the first incoming 2020 G70 for the US; listed at a dealership in Nebraska:
New 2020 Genesis G70

Picking the VIN from this ad shows this Monroney sticker:
https://www.genesis.com/us/en/services/windowsticker?refreshToken=2018-11-13&vehicleType=new&VIN=KMTG34LE0LU051534

Turns out there is a $950 increase for this 2020 Prestige AWD coming in at $50,950 MSRP with no accessories. For 2019, the same car is $50,000. So if you consider the mentioned $600 increase for 2020, we get the power trunk for $350, not bad!

Comparing the specs of this 2020 vs 2019 sticker of the same build, here is the difference:
- AWD for 2020 has 19" wheels, last year was 18" (we knew that already)
- Passenger seat for 2020 is 8-way whereas for 2019 it was a 12-way (correction: turned out to be false - thanks @danygenesis)
- Alloy pedals missing on the 2020 (apparently leaving this for Sport only or just missing from sticker)
- Electronic parking brake missing on 2020 (likely just not shown on the sticker)
- Power trunk added for 2020 (we knew that)
- Brown interior for 2020 (we knew that)
- MPG for highway dropped from 26 to 25
- 3 years of SiriusXM Traffic & Travel Link missing

So it seems the 2020 cars are either on their way via boat or already here in some undisclosed port location. 😃
Or perhaps on that ship that overturned leaving Brunswick GA.

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Since the M/T says it has deleted Radar cruise under "deleted options", does that mean you don't have the fake square painted grille radar in the front grille? Because if so I consider that a win/win
Unless something has changed from 2019 to 2020, the M/T will still come eithe the grille radar insert. That’s because it is used for emergency braking.

ventogt

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Unless something has changed from 2019 to 2020, the M/T will still come eithe the grille radar insert. That’s because it is used for emergency braking.
Thank you for that--is the AEB defeatable? I was driving my second loaner VW Atlas today [Golf is in the shop] on a long trip and it had the same dash icon of "car closeness warning" that the last loaner had but this one did not have radar cruise. It was distracting and made me look down at the lower dash way more than I'm used to.

I know, different marques and such--guessing the systems share some sensors but perform different functions. The AEB sensor in the grille seems that Genesis does it similarly to VW. Would love to be able to defeat it as I actually pay attention when driving and the icons in the dash are more distracting than helpful; when driving a Genesis auto 2.0T Sport [no manuals available] I immediately turned off lane assist as it was a really weird sensation in the steering, even though the sales guy pitched it as a cool tech feature.

Reading this all back I sound like I'm 80, not 39, but cars doing things themselves are unsettling, let alone making decisions for the driver such as slamming on the brakes. Sorry to swerve OT.

Last edited:

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thank you for that--is the AEB defeatable? I was driving my second loaner VW Atlas today [Golf is in the shop] on a long trip and it had the same dash icon of "car closeness warning" that the last loaner had but this one did not have radar cruise. It was distracting and made me look down at the lower dash way more than I'm used to.

I know, different marques and such--guessing the systems share some sensors but perform different functions. The AEB sensor in the grille seems that Genesis does it similarly to VW. Would love to be able to defeat it as I actually pay attention when driving and the icons in the dash are more distracting than helpful; when driving a Genesis auto 2.0T Sport [no manuals available] I immediately turned off lane assist as it was a really weird sensation in the steering, even though the sales guy pitched it as a cool tech feature.

Reading this all back I sound like I'm 80, not 39, but cars doing things themselves are unsettling, let alone making decisions for the driver such as slamming on the brakes. Sorry to swerve OT.
I can understand your point, but it's been shown that AEB actually decreases the number of accidents and the amount of injuries. A lot of countries are about to make it mandatory so, might as well get used to it. You can't just not look at the indicator? I suspect if it's not a loaner car, it would be easier to ignore because you'd get used to it being there. You might pay attention most of the time, but there can always be a mistake made. Or, God forbid, you pass out while driving unexpectedly.

New Study Shows Automatic Braking Significantly Reduces Crashes and Injuries

I will have to check my car and see if it can be turned off. I've never tried because it's so useful. Never needed it myself, but my wife has been saved by it before in her car. Wouldn't have been a bad wreck, but it still prevented a wreck from happening.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can deactivate the Forward Collision-Avoidance in the Convenience settings menu on the dashboard but as other said, I prefer to have it active all the time. There is no doubt that this is one of the "modern things" that will help us to avoid crashes and will save lives.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can deactivate the Forward Collision-Avoidance in the Convenience settings menu on the dashboard but as other said, I prefer to have it active all the time. There is no doubt that this is one of the "modern things" that will help us to avoid crashes and will save lives.
It is also disabled when you completely disable traction and stability control, just hold down the TC button for 5 seconds.

wesquire

Registered Member
San Francisco, California
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Seems like there are around 30-40 2020's in CA (mostly SoCal) and over half of them are black, so maybe the black cars were first off the assembly line.
I haven't seen any in Northern California. The Genesis website inventory doesn't even have 2020 as an option. Where are you seeing them?

Tonester

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I haven't seen any in Northern California. The Genesis website inventory doesn't even have 2020 as an option. Where are you seeing them?
I'm seeing some inconsistency between the Genesis inventory search and dealer websites. Example: Genesis of Dublin, CA show 4 2020 G70's on their website (search for all), but only 1 on the Genesis inventory search. Of the 4, some may be in transport of course.

Thinking Genesis won't turn on the official 2020 search option until there is an official 2020 announcement. The link we've been using for 2020 search is a hack for now.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm seeing some inconsistency between the Genesis inventory search and dealer websites. Example: Genesis of Dublin, CA show 4 2020 G70's on their website (search for all), but only 1 on the Genesis inventory search. Of the 4, some may be in transport of course.

Thinking Genesis won't turn on the official 2020 search option until there is an official 2020 announcement. The link we've been using for 2020 search is a hack for now.
In general, a car goes through PDI (pre-delivery inspection) before being put up on the website, but I think the dealer websites are updated from their end. Meaning the car may or may not be on the actual lot, but the dealer will have, has, or had the vehicle.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums