4.6 intake interest

j_fields1357

Hasn't posted much yet...
virginia
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Im having a hard time trying to find a 4" to 3.3" reducer elbow lol. would a 3" work? Also would you happen to know what model k&n filter you used and how you attached the breather hose on the side of the tubing?

Joe29365

Columbus, OH
Welded in the bung for the tube. We used 3.5", not 3.3". I do not know the model filter; it was the largest we could get to fit.
Do you still have your 4.6 and have you don’t any more tuning/mods? Would you be able to send me the info on the tube sizes for the intake? I have a friend here in Columbus, OH that dunk tunes at a local shop and he wants to time my 4.6. I have 2nd cat deletes, Magnaflow cat back with no resonators, drop in K&N. Wish there was more out there for these cars. I hope to do the ESC remote shut off soon. Have 255/19 fronts and 275/19 rears. When you dynoed yours were you using 91 or 93 octane?

edizzle89

Registered Member
Columbus, IN
Genesis Model Type
SXTH's intake has been proven to add pretty similar power to what Tailwalker saw with his intake. It's a full 4" silicone tube from the TB to the MAF. The only thing is it doesn't have a heat shield, which could be made later, but I did some looking into the IAT and even after sitting and heat soaking for a hour with just a few minutes of driving the temps dropped within 10*F of ambient.

Joe29365

Columbus, OH
SXTH's intake has been proven to add pretty similar power to what Tailwalker saw with his intake. It's a full 4" silicone tube from the TB to the MAF. The only thing is it doesn't have a heat shield, which could be made later, but I did some looking into the IAT and even after sitting and heat soaking for a hour with just a few minutes of driving the temps dropped within 10*F of ambient.
Thanks, I will try to look up his intake.

Joe29365

Columbus, OH
Here is a picture of my intake. Its very similar to Tailwalker's View attachment 17469
So you have a 90 degree silicone hose. Is it 3.5” at throttle body to 4” or just 4” on both ends with an inner spacer on the throttle body? The. It looks like metal 4” pipe the. 4” to 3.5” reducer at the mass airflow sensor? Looks like you just put a miniature filter on the driver’s side valve cover instead of running the hose to the intake?

edizzle89

Registered Member
Columbus, IN
Genesis Model Type
One thing about that breather on the driver side valve cover. That is the fresh air port for the crankcase ventilation system. You can see the line that goes to the intake manifold on the passenger side valve cover which is under vacuum, the driverside line is where that vacuum pulls fresh air from (originally hooked to the intake pipe). Now that the driver side line is vented to atmosphere you might run into an issue with the engine getting unmetered air as the crankcase can now pull air into the intake manifold that hasnt been seen by the MAF. I would try to find a way to get that driver side valve cover connected into the intake line again (after the MAF like OEM).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.