Confusion About Trim Options - 2.5 vs 3.5

PaulZooms

Hasn't posted much yet...
Lakewood, CO
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Im currently eyeing a 2.5 Sports Prestige and 3.5 standard.

I got cross eyes checking that chart on page 1 for the differences.
Perhaps this will be easier to follow:
(Not sure if this works as I can’t seem to attach the xls)
<attachment webkitattachmentid="cb47108a-3d20-4ad7-9f11-4cd9e84d0432" src="cid:E11FE239-3A06-41AC-8EFA-BC9FDB0E6E13" title="GV70trimFeatures.xlsx" type="org.openxmlformats.spreadsheetml.sheet" subtitle="10 KB" style="font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 21px; font-style: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.3); -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration: none;"></attachment>

Last edited:

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Okay, maybe more like an X3 M40 - all in, that's about $62K.
the x3 m40 fully loaded with all the features of the gv70 is ~70k. Still within 5k though of the gv70, but its a BMW and all those headaches that come with it

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
the x3 m40 fully loaded with all the features of the gv70 is ~70k. Still within 5k though of the gv70, but its a BMW and all those headaches that come with it
You are 100% correct and good luck finding one with vented seats. BMW treats that option like it's the rarest item ever. Probably because in Europe you would never need them because the weather always sucks.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You are 100% correct and good luck finding one with vented seats. BMW treats that option like it's the rarest item ever. Probably because in Europe you would never need them because the weather always sucks.
i never understood why BMW wants to nickel and dime you on the top tiers. Just add all the options that everyone wants on the top tier and charge that price. This " top[ tier Starts at $60k and then you add $10k worth of options to get an actual top tier" is just a PITA when it comes to buying.

COToad

Look.... a curve!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
i never understood why BMW wants to nickel and dime you on the top tiers. Just add all the options that everyone wants on the top tier and charge that price. This " top[ tier Starts at $60k and then you add $10k worth of options to get an actual top tier" is just a PITA when it comes to buying.
My wife has a 2020 X3 M40i, over $70k and doesn't have any self driving/dynamic cruise control features. It is a bullet for sure but it is also really rough on uneven roads and tough to drive smooth. I constantly put it in ECO mode just to get the throttle settled down. No cooled seats either.

I just drove a GV70 3.5T sport advanced yesterday and it is a much smoother ride, they are definitely tipping toward the luxury vs sport feel with this car. Really nice, has me seriously considering it.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
My wife has a 2020 X3 M40i, over $70k and doesn't have any self driving/dynamic cruise control features. It is a bullet for sure but it is also really rough on uneven roads and tough to drive smooth. I constantly put it in ECO mode just to get the throttle settled down. No cooled seats either.

I just drove a GV70 3.5T sport advanced yesterday and it is a much smoother ride, they are definitely tipping toward the luxury vs sport feel with this car. Really nice, has me seriously considering it.
Thanks for confirming what I have been saying as regards to value for the Sport Prestige 3.5 GV70. Yes 65k is a lot of money but as you said a X3 M40i is considerably more if you get every option available which is what you would have to do to get as loaded up as the top trim GV70. I hemmed and hawed over the BMW option but I could not find one optioned the way I wanted and did not want to wait 6 months for them to build it with this damn chip shortage which is giving dealers way too much rope on a delivery date.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

my neighbor just got a new x3 m40 i drove over the weekend. They traded in their 2019 x3M, which I have also drove. Its a shame they put the M logo on the M40 cause it is nothing like the actually x3M. That is a great sport suv, but they will cost you a pretty penny.

I agree with you though. the m40 and the M are both a much harsher ride. Its to give you that bmw sportscar "feel"

COToad

Look.... a curve!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
my neighbor just got a new x3 m40 i drove over the weekend. They traded in their 2019 x3M, which I have also drove. Its a shame they put the M logo on the M40 cause it is nothing like the actually x3M. That is a great sport suv, but they will cost you a pretty penny.

I agree with you though. the m40 and the M are both a much harsher ride. Its to give you that bmw sportscar "feel"
I hate the new BMW naming convention that every sports package is an "M". We have had a ton of BMWs over the years, me with 7 different 3 Series and my wife with 1 X5 and 3 X3's, plus my daughter's 2 3 series. My G70 is the first non-BMW I have had since '94 and I like the direction Genesis is going with its product line. Nice looking, sporty but not in your face styling or on edge driving character. BMW is going away from the classy and subtle with each generation, headed more towards look at me styling and handling over comfort, not my cup of tea.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I hate the new BMW naming convention that every sports package is an "M". We have had a ton of BMWs over the years, me with 7 different 3 Series and my wife with 1 X5 and 3 X3's, plus my daughter's 2 3 series. My G70 is the first non-BMW I have had since '94 and I like the direction Genesis is going with its product line. Nice looking, sporty but not in your face styling or on edge driving character. BMW is going away from the classy and subtle with each generation, headed more towards look at me styling and handling over comfort, not my cup of tea.
I was seriously considering the m3 as one of our next cars just because I have always been happy with BMW's performance. Their luxury and tech, not so much. But for me, performance is #1, aftermarket support/tunability is 2nd, and that s58 engine is amazing. But the look and style of the m3 looks bad in pics, and even worse in person. Whoever designed that grill needs to be fired.

The g70 is such a better looking car than the BMWs right now, and its not even close. And it was the best compromise of luxury/tech (wife's #1) and performance.

FLtime

Registered Member
Polk County Florida
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I was seriously considering the m3 as one of our next cars just because I have always been happy with BMW's performance. Their luxury and tech, not so much. But for me, performance is #1, aftermarket support/tunability is 2nd, and that s58 engine is amazing. But the look and style of the m3 looks bad in pics, and even worse in person. Whoever designed that grill needs to be fired.

The g70 is such a better looking car than the BMWs right now, and its not even close. And it was the best compromise of luxury/tech (wife's #1) and performance.
This is a good perspective. I have yet to test drive a new X3 or GV70, so I'm excited to get out there and check 'em out. And yeah, some of those new BMW grilles are HIDEOUS.

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Lot's of wife's getting GV70's out there. Lucky ladies. I was hoping this was going to be more of a dude's car but maybe not.

As far as the BMW X3 M40i goes that s58 inline 6 is probably one of the best ICE engines out there. Has been for years and they just keep making it better. If the GV70 had that motor well let's just say it would be close to perfect. I was torn between the two but in the end chose the 3.5 GV because it is a less choppy, sporty ride for the most part and tech wise and styling wise it blows the BMW away. X3's are as common as Camry's here in the Phoenix area and I wanted something different.

Etex

Registered Member
Lot's of wife's getting GV70's out there. Lucky ladies. I was hoping this was going to be more of a dude's car but maybe not.
Apparently, that is no accident, and is by design. Wouldn't surprise me if Ms. Jeri played a critical role in trim configuration design.

Gv70_121.jpg

TBickell

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
Apparently, that is no accident, and is by design. Wouldn't surprise me if Ms. Jeri played a critical role in trim configuration design.

View attachment 38344

For the 2022 G70 3.3T, the manual says maintain 2000-4000 rpm, vary the engine speed, avoid hard stops, and don't use launch control (if so equipped). But the manual does not say how long this period is. A couple of car review sites quote 600 miles.
Ya... typical for companies to fall into the age old trap of marketing to females because their "research" shows they make most of the money decisions. Such old school thinking and definitely not how it is in this household.

csu87

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ya... typical for companies to fall into the age old trap of marketing to females because their "research" shows they make most of the money decisions. Such old school thinking and definitely not how it is in this household.
Happy wife, happy life

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

PaulZooms

Hasn't posted much yet...
Lakewood, CO
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Im currently eyeing a 2.5 Sports Prestige and 3.5 standard.

I got cross eyes checking that chart on page 1 for the differences.
Hopefully this will be easier to reference:

Attachments

• GV70_Trim_Features.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners