3.3T Ecu tune

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I hear from someone who has been running JB4 and recently got a Tork tune. They said the Tork tune didn't do anything to improve 0-60, which is mind blowing to me since an ECU tune should be able to remove torque limits and even change LC. He also said the Tork tune didn't feel much different than JB4. Given that info, JB4 is Boss, especially considering how everyone loves the JB4 support.

If you want a better 0-60 use the e-brake method or do the brake snip.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m going to add horse power before I consider something as drastic as brake snip. Got some Boostane Professional, and just received my Sxth Elemention primary downpipes so see what we can do on map 4 with those installed :) Happy Xmas to me 396C9F5C-80A4-42AF-9AD9-1749A3ED0999.jpeg

Rlk20025

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You AWD or RWD? I've been seriously considering doing exactly what you did, getting a clone ECU from Tork. Best I've done using Launch Control is 4.45s 0-60MPH via Dragy (JB4). Map 3 even with E85 seems to give me too high of timing deviations. So, if the Tork tune could get me down to the low 4's it would be worth the money to me. But, I really wanted him to get into the launch control system to improve that before purchasing.

Pressertech has a tune as well in which you can send them your ECU. I just haven't heard really anything about it (not that I did a search over on the Stinger forums).
I’m AWD. The stg 1 tune got me into the low 4s but I was already there with my JB4 so not worth the money for me. I asked him about it and he indicated that he hasn’t figured out launch control yet and that he hadn’t done many g70s.

I am actually more excited to see what tuners do in 2021 when this new obd port flashing tool comes to market and gets more tuners into the process of tuning this platform. Having that flexibility should bring more people to the table for proper ECU tunes and with it hopefully we see 10s on the stock turbos.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really think the ECU is torque limiting so much that it doesn't matter how much power you make on launch - it just dials things back. I run 0-60 in 4.45 (4.25 1ft rollout) stock. It would seem to me that Tork hasn't figured out how to remove the torque limiters yet... at least based on the time you ran. Heck, I think with ONLY the torque limits removed and the car making stock power it may get down to 4 seconds flat - maybe..

Those OBD port flashers look very promising and I see in his video series there are TCU flashes as well. Very nice for those that really want to wake up beast mode.

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really think the ECU is torque limiting so much that it doesn't matter how much power you make on launch - it just dials things back. I run 0-60 in 4.45 (4.25 1ft rollout) stock. It would seem to me that Tork hasn't figured out how to remove the torque limiters yet... at least based on the time you ran. Heck, I think with ONLY the torque limits removed and the car making stock power it may get down to 4 seconds flat - maybe..

Those OBD port flashers look very promising and I see in his video series there are TCU flashes as well. Very nice for those that really want to wake up beast mode.
Agree, I’m on hold. Hoping for more tuners and ability via OBD.

viciousCircle

Hasn't posted much yet...
same. here

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There is a guy on Youtube that is now tuning via OBD but I guess you need to be local to him...

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just saw on the Stinger forum that Lap3 now has an ECU tune and first reviews are really good. Hopefully we will see more info soon.

Lap3 Ecu Tune - Stinger Forum

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Another really promising company providing ECU + TCU and AWD tunes. LOZIC out of South Korea. They will ship you a pre-programmed ECU that you swap in for $1450 shipped to your door. Check out the video.

What's great is this is a mild 92-93 Octane (97 RON) tune making ~420whp yet still does 0-60 in 3.5!

* Pops and crackles
* Removal of launch torque limits
* Launch will build boost
* Popcorn in Sport mode
* Maintain power on shift

Click watch on facebook to see the Stinger in action!

www.facebook.com/lozicecu/videos/772222310042363

1610129612504.png

Last edited:

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wow.

Can you post the url? Looks like you can’t embed it.
Done

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
can't embed, please explain to newbie?

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You know...when you get up in the morning. You aren't "embed" anymore. LOLOLOLOLOL

He tried to embed the video into the post. Wasn't allowed. So I asked for the URL.
very good, do you mean its not something that can be removed for dealer service etc ie. its permanent?

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Huh? Read what I posted. I fully explained.
doh, ok, need a coffeee I guess - is this a 'simple' ECU swap do you think, not very familiar with the process?

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

viciousCircle

Hasn't posted much yet...
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners