Florida, California and Texas Dealer Update

krobin350

Registered Member
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I spoke to a dealer in LA (Genesis of Glendale) and according to the sales rep they're still waiting on the state. He was hoping to be selling by end of Jan (ugh).

Allegedly they have the cars waiting, so it's just a matter of the final approval.
for what it's worth, I just got off the phone with Genesis of Peoria (AZ), that rep said CA is 6 months out. so who really knows.

i'll give TX 1 more month before I explore his vehicle transport options.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
for what it's worth, I just got off the phone with Genesis of Peoria (AZ), that rep said CA is 6 months out. so who really knows.

i'll give TX 1 more month before I explore his vehicle transport options.
Wow, 6 months?! Maybe he's just saying that to get a sale.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Shipments to Florida have started. So far I'm seeing inventory for Genesis of St. Augustine, Key Genesis and Red Hoagland Genesis.

Edit: and Wesley Chapel

Last edited:

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
There is one G70 on sale in California now:
I would guess that is not the case as that dealer is not showing as being approved by Genesis. If you do a dealer search on Genesis' web site the closest dealer is Yuma. Could be the dealer is trying to get ahead on the process or even just a data entry mistake.

Edit: Looks like it was probably a data entry error, it has been removed from their site.

Attachments

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Doral Genesis has 8 G70’s on the way to its dealership!!
They got them. I just came from there and was able to see the cars. They have a 3.3T Design Edition that somebody from Connecticut was trying to buy. I told them to find me a 3.3T MB Prestige with Gray interior by the end of January or February. Let's see.
20190108_112623.jpg20190108_112632.jpg

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ was it your first time seeing the G70 in person? If so...impressions? Did you drive the 3.3T ?
Not the first time. A month ago I saw a 2.0T G70 that was on exhibition on Rick Case Genesis but this time I got the chance to compare different trims. I didn't drive it but I sat on it and checked again the space on the rear seat after letting my position settings on the driver seat, I'm 6' 210 lbs and while there is not as roomy as my 2016 Genesis there is enough space for a regular guy to be seated. Respect to the wheels I could reassure myself that I prefer the 10 spoke wheels over the 5 spoke ones but I liked the dark chrome grill better than the regular one. At the end I think I will go with the 3.3T Prestige in MB or maybe, maybe a HR.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.