Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What shenanigans are you getting up to?
Bleh we'll see. Probably a money pit.

leechri3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Installed the Lasfit bulbs (Rear Turn Signals & Reverse) last night. I followed what @kolme did using the sharpies and the turn signal color came out really nice. I blacked out 2 out of the 6 and they're still a bit too bright, in my opinion, so blacking out 3/6 might be better.

petraman

All Gas, No Brakes
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well I'm a dumbass and ordered some cheap-o turn LEDs without load resistors... The amber had them, but the red did not, and I wanted to change to red. Oh well... Just ordered the amber Lasfits from Amazon, which will hopefully be here tomorrow. At least the reverse LEDs worked out well!

On another note, getting to some of those nuts with a wrench is a real PITA the first time you do it!

Thanks to Toddasaurus for the great write-up

Wong89

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone tried a brake light as turn signal module?
Having the brake led as the turn signal instead?

Kirk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Installed the Lasfit bulbs (Rear Turn Signals & Reverse) last night. I followed what @kolme did using the sharpies and the turn signal color came out really nice. I blacked out 2 out of the 6 and they're still a bit too bright, in my opinion, so blacking out 3/6 might be better.

I also followed the advise from kolme and blacked out 3 to 4 LEDs per bulb facet as well as using highlighter yellow on the remaining exposed LEDs. I feel the results are perfect. Not too bright and they match the front's near perfectly. Thanks for the great advice kolme! :)

I took a short vid and thought Id share if anyone was interested:

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

videopho

Huey Gunner
DFW TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just installed the LASFIT reverse light bulbs today.
Will check them out tonight when it gets dark.
As for the turn blinker lights I decided to take a rain check on that.
Simply I read some reviewers complained about the parts just fell apart in the heat of the summer on their rides and N Texas is no difference as it is notoriously known how HOT it gets in the month pf July and August.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
When July and August hit we will see how these stand up? Been running them since December with no issues. Not expensive bulbs so not risking a lot. 77A2D138-AA2F-48E3-9C39-200DF080CBBA.png

Greg6M/T

Registered Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Attachments

• LED rear turn signal.jpg
    LED rear turn signal.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 30

Riouxgrande

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Okay. So I ended up buying a set of LASFIT LED bulbs to replace the rear turn signals, and reverse lights. Here are the links where I bought them...

Rear Turn Signals: Amazon.com: LASFIT 1156 BA15S P21W 7506 LED Turn Signal Light Blinker Bulbs with CANBUS Anti Hyper Flash, No Load Resistor Need, 2019 Upgraded Intelligent Temperature Control Version- Amber Yellow (Pack of 2): Automotive

Reverse Lights: Amazon.com: Headphone Adapter for iPhone X Adapter Aux Audio to 3.5mm Jack 2 in 1 Cables for iPhone 7 Earphone Dongle Splitter Adapter for Music and Charging Compatible for iPhone 8/8Plus /XS Max Support All iOS

The bulbs are very nice. They feel like a quality product and offer a lot of features (ie heat sinks, CANbus integration, built in resistors [turn signals only]). You can see how they stack up against the OEM bulbs, a bit taller and bigger... View attachment 18598

Installation is just about as easy as any other newer car. You must remove the taillight assembly first, then install the replacement lights. I made a video for those of you who haven't done anything like it before. It's pretty straightforward, though... (Installation is reverse of removal, obviously) If you do end up watching it, forgive my shaky cellphone video, I suck at multitasking and one handed camera operation. :druff:

How-To Install

Now, onto the comparisons!

Turn Signal LED vs OEM

Reverse Lights LED vs OEM

Hope this helps anyone who is interested. For me, they are perfect. They are definitely brighter than stock, but I don't think they're too bright. Worth the upgrade in my opinion!

Lol so the reverse lights link now takes you to some iPhone adapters apparently made by lasfit? Confirmed its messed up by navigating to their Amazon page and went to exterior lights and there's the adapters!

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I replaced my incandescent rear turn signal bulbs with these LivTee LED bulbs from Amazon. Amazon.com: LivTee 1156 BA15S P21W 7506 LED Turn Signal Light Blinker Bulbs - Error Free Canbus - Anti Hyper Flash, Amber Yellow: Automotive

They look to be the same LASFIT bulbs from Post #1 of this thread, just sold under a different name and in a generic box for $26. They seem to be good quality and are working well so far.

Thank you to Toddasaurus for the installation video!
Good find! Those are almost half the cost of the Lasfit. 👍👍

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, I don't know what happened with the original links. It won't let me edit my post, either.. oh well.

Anyway, screw the price of Lasfits - get the ones @Greg6M/T posted! Assuming they're the same product, that is. My Lasfits have been working great thus far, and it's been 1 year now.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Menifee, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Have the LASFIT turn signal and reverse lights brand new if anybody is looking to upgrade. Looking to sell in SoCal

FastEddie

“Did you check the safety manual?” -Yogi Bear
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Gilbert, AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yea I have the Lasfit ones and I going back to stock bulbs. It’s to annoying when I remote start and after 8 min they over heat and throw a dash warning and the signals hyperflash till they cool off. Wouldn’t be to much of an issue but here in AZ it hot as hell and I pre cool the car all the time.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yea I have the Lasfit ones and I going back to stock bulbs. It’s to annoying when I remote start and after 8 min they over heat and throw a dash warning and the signals hyperflash till they cool off. Wouldn’t be to much of an issue but here in AZ it hot as hell and I pre cool the car all the time.

Totally understandable. Mine hyperflashed the other day when I was sitting at a turn signal. We waited for multiple cycles but the light didn't turn green, after probably the 3rd cycle my turn signal began to hyperflash. It was even relatively cool outside (about 60 degrees). Luckily for me it's pretty rare, so I don't mind keeping them on.

But, that said...if they end up dying on me I'll probably just switch back to stock, as I still have those bulbs in storage.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Totally understandable. Mine hyperflashed the other day when I was sitting at a turn signal. We waited for multiple cycles but the light didn't turn green, after probably the 3rd cycle my turn signal began to hyperflash. It was even relatively cool outside (about 60 degrees). Luckily for me it's pretty rare, so I don't mind keeping them on.

But, that said...if they end up dying on me I'll probably just switch back to stock, as I still have those bulbs in storage.

Todd, immediatel;y after your (very helpful) Youtube installation tutorial, there was another one by this cat named Justin Kelly (shout out to Justin as I'm sure you visit this forum too lol). In any case he mentioned a brand named Auxito and said they didn't throw codes, but he makes no mention on whether or not he let them go for a while to get warm. I did a search in the forum and didn't see them mentioned either way. In any case, here's his video, along with the eBay link immediately following:

eBay Link to Auxito lights

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners