G70 LED vs Stock Turn & Reverse Lights

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
One of mine shat the bed a couple of weeks ago so I'm back to incandescent bulbs for the moment. It was weird, I would get the "bulb out" warning for several weeks, but it would go away as soon as I flicked the signal on. Subsequently, it started hyperflashing and telling me a bulb was out but they were lighting up just fine, leading me to believe it was actually the resistor that died.

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know a few people have mentioned the sequential turning light and lights for reflectors, but has anyone actually done this?

I feel like every kia stinger i see with relfector lights, one of them is always busted XD
Well, actually yes. Two shops in South Korea have actually designed sequential and non sequential LED turn signal arrays for the G70 , 1 of which even incorporates the back up LED into the array.

I actually came into contact with one of the shops a few months ago to purchase their arrays (which usually they install in their shops), but unfortunately, the owner was pretty sketchy and refused to use paypal or really any normal route of financial xfer. I guess he thought I was going to somehow scam him? by.. sending him money? lol. Not sure, but language was a huge barrier.

Here's a video of what they've created.
G70 Full Led Turn Signals

This is the blog this particular shop posts on:
Giga X blog site.

Sample Pic of the array with the car in reverse and hazards on:

20190815_140637.jpg

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
PS: If someone here speaks fluent Korean and would like to recontact the shop owner who designed these rear LED arrays, I'd be happy to get you the contact info I was using. I'd also be down to purchase a set if you manage to convince the owner that were not trying to scam or be scammed lol. I even have spare G70 Rear light assemblies to work with. He was going to charge me about $250 US for a set.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
When I visited Hyundai back in 2014, I worked for PayPal at the time, and when chatting with one of the Hyundai executives, I mentioned that I worked for PayPal, and he had no idea who they (or eBay for that matter) was. I wonder if it's a regional awareness thing?

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
When I visited Hyundai back in 2014, I worked for PayPal at the time, and when chatting with one of the executives, I told him I worked for PayPal, and he had no idea who they (or eBay for that matter) was. I wonder if it's a regional awareness thing?
Oh hmm, maybe so. I suppose I always assumed it was fairly international? I did also try to perform a wire xfer (bank to bank) but its super tricky and requires alot of info from the recipient. The owner reallly didnt like me asking for his details, also Im pretty sure my google translate confused me asking for his routing number with asking for his social security equivalent.. so that was a problem lol.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh hmm, maybe so. I suppose I always assumed it was fairly international? I did also try to perform a wire xfer (bank to bank) but its super tricky and requires alot of info from the recipient. The owner reallly didnt like me asking for his details, also Im pretty sure my google translate confused me asking for his routing number with asking for his social security equivalent.. so that was a problem lol.
PayPal and eBay are definitely international, but might be small-time players in the Korean payments industry.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
PS: If someone here speaks fluent Korean and would like to recontact the shop owner who designed these rear LED arrays, I'd be happy to get you the contact info I was using. I'd also be down to purchase a set if you manage to convince the owner that were not trying to scam or be scammed lol. I even have spare G70 Rear light assemblies to work with. He was going to charge me about $250 US for a set.
I have a work buddy who lives in Korea and is fluent. Is this a kit for a DIY person to install or does this guy mod and whack into the existing lights? Generally lights are sealed and the lenses do not just disassemble from their base to allow a new LED strip to be installed. If not installed correctly moisture will fog the lights. I don’t mind asking my work buddy to call or contact this person and ask some questions if we know what all to ask? My work buddy is not a car guy so not for sure he would help but can ask him.

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a work buddy who lives in Korea and is fluent. Is this a kit for a DIY person to install or does this guy mod and whack into the existing lights? Generally lights are sealed and the lenses do not just disassemble from their base to allow a new LED strip to be installed. If not installed correctly moisture will fog the lights. I don’t mind asking my work buddy to call or contact this person and ask some questions if we know what all to ask? My work buddy is not a car guy so not for sure he would help but can ask him.
The shop sells putting in the lights (as it is their custom product), and though it isnt 100% clear from our awful google translate convo, I'm 99% pretty sure it requires opening the housing via dremel along the red plastic backing, which is pretty common place these days (Genesis Coupes). Moisture issues have really improved since re-sealing methods have also been improved, but there's always a risk of needing to re-seal. There would also likely be an external heat sink for both lights to be mounted on the trunk metal with an external switch to control sequential on/off (this is due to sequential being illegal in South Korea, atleast... i think?).

We'd pretty much need to ask:
1. Would you be willing to sell us a pair of your taillight turn signal mods w/ the backup light integration, including the required hardware/resistors?
2. If so, how much? Will you ship it to US? How will we pay you?
3. Does installation require cutting open the light housing?

I actually was just texting him via a weird app from Korea, but if your friend is in Korea, the number on the site is probably better. Thanks for helping!

They list on their homepage: 07044110109 (that's a lot of numbers)
Also on their pic: 01029992951

Andr3Stacks

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Well, actually yes. Two shops in South Korea have actually designed sequential and non sequential LED turn signal arrays for the G70 , 1 of which even incorporates the back up LED into the array.

I actually came into contact with one of the shops a few months ago to purchase their arrays (which usually they install in their shops), but unfortunately, the owner was pretty sketchy and refused to use paypal or really any normal route of financial xfer. I guess he thought I was going to somehow scam him? by.. sending him money? lol. Not sure, but language was a huge barrier.

Here's a video of what they've created.
G70 Full Led Turn Signals

This is the blog this particular shop posts on:
Giga X blog site.

Sample Pic of the array with the car in reverse and hazards on:

20190815_140637.jpg
Seems like there 2 modes. Sequential vs regular. That's pretty cool.
For $250, I feel like I could get a custom shop to do the similar for me haha

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Seems like there 2 modes. Sequential vs regular. That's pretty cool.
For $250, I feel like I could get a custom shop to do the similar for me haha
Go for it! I contacted a few local and not so local shops in the US and didn't have much luck. Most of them want something already designed to install in the housing, few fabricate :(.

Andr3Stacks

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Go for it! I contacted a few local and not so local shops in the US and didn't have much luck. Most of them want something already designed to install in the housing, few fabricate :(.
I have a friend that used to own a shop. I talked to him months ago about doing this and he sounded confident. He hasn't seen the car or worked on any G70's however. Wish there was a bigger aftermarket for our cars :(

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I want the exterior mirrors to stay fixed and not move in and out with door locking and I also want the puddle lights to operate on approach. I tried the settings for mirrors and lights and I can fix the mirrors but the puddle lights do not illuminate on approach. Is that an option or is one tied to the other?

kolme

"Diablo Rojo"
Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I want the exterior mirrors to stay fixed and not move in and out with door locking and I also want the puddle lights to operate on approach. I tried the settings for mirrors and lights and I can fix the mirrors but the puddle lights do not illuminate on approach. Is that an option or is one tied to the other?
Not sure, I'll test it out in AM. random spot for this post though haha.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
On the G80 they come on when you hit the unlock button, not on approach. Have you done it that way?

viciousCircle

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hi bulb replacers. I dislike the color of my bulbs. They are more orange than amber, and due to having LEDS on the tip of the bulb, they tend to wash out in the housing as they are so bright, and create a hotspot. So I'm looking for new bulbs.

Who here has bulbs where they are happy with the color, and feel it matches well, or is a nice amber? Anyone? Bueller?

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi bulb replacers. I dislike the color of my bulbs. They are more orange than amber, and due to having LEDS on the tip of the bulb, they tend to wash out in the housing as they are so bright, and create a hotspot. So I'm looking for new bulbs.

Who here has bulbs where they are happy with the color, and feel it matches well, or is a nice amber? Anyone? Bueller?
Check out my post 331 for what I used. Not overly too bright and amber color seems fine to me. My bulbs are a year old now and still work fine. I may not be as picky as some folks here on exact color tint though. They are better and brighter than the stock bulbs were so that was my measuring stick. I’ve seen some that are blinding bright and mine are not like those.

viciousCircle

I actually looked for your bulbs previously, but they appeared to be - and still appear to be - no longer available, unfortunately.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m showing they appear to be available. See attached. They have gone up a $1.00 or so from what I paid 6258F85B-924F-4EFE-BD3E-32E02DE041DF.png

viciousCircle

Ah, I see, you had said the brand was 'Everlast' on post 331. Thanks.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners