TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

trackrat

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thank you. Yes, dealers can search nationally for the combination a customer might want and I am aware of the various automobile sites, although they are not necessarily reliable because dealers may not post their inventory. I will wait on the G70. Perhaps until Genesis delivers its SUV discussed as a concept on the company site.

Pepper

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They have been selling the 2019s for a few months now and are in more than half the states. Those shipments you mention are at least the second or third shipments to those dealerships. With all of the different models/trim combinations it would not be feasible to have them all at every dealer. If you are interested in a specific combination then you can use third party sites like cars.com or CarGurus.com to search for it. You can also stop by a dealer to have them search and get you one in as part of their allocation. Here is a link to the latest states/dealers with inventory list.

Dealers with 2019s
Hyundai USA has the Genesis lineup on the homepage. Has this always been there?

Pete_CA

Registered Member
I did a test build on the Genesis website, and after configuring a G70 2.0T RWD + Elite package in red. The picture showed the red car with a mesh grille ... which I love. Can anyone confirm that the 2.0T is available in red and does have the mesh grille please?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

baptem

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Genesis of Central Florida in Clermont received a 3.3T Elite (Adriatic Blue) and a 3.3T Design Edition today.

Last edited:

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
Me too (live in SLC) but I was tired of waiting so I bought mine (3.3 AWD Havana Red) last month from Glassman Auto in Michigan
Please post a picture when you have time. Interested to see how it looks in indirect lighting.

Also I’m interested to visit the genesis dealer next month to see what the experience is like. I’m concerned that our local dealer will be just as if it was Hyundai as Ken Garff is primary Hyundai based.

Last edited:

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
Looking at a pic on your laptop/phone is not really going to give you an accurate feel for the color. Look at this one, the same car looks to be 4 or so different shades depending on the shot. Throw in how your device renders the colors and it will be even more differences.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/759432262/overview/
Fair point some of the profile shots almost give it a pink like hue whereas the rear shot is much closer to the red I expect and like.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I would say the rear shot is the closest to what it really looks like. At least compared to the one we have in our showroom.

Pete_CA

Registered Member
Don't all G70's have a mesh grill? Here is a AWD in that combo, assume RWD is available also especially since you were able to build it.

New Genesis for Sale
When I first checked the G70 trims before the Genesis website was up in the USA (I used a website in Saudi Arabia), the trims were different and the red color and mesh grille were only available on the 3.3T. It's good to know I can get my preference, thanks.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They (the dealer) arranged transportation and I paid. (about $1,000)
It went very well
From where to where?

If you want something...you sometimes pay what it is.

I would do the same.

This car is f’ng awesome!!!!

CarGuru

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Please post a picture when you have time. Interested to see how it looks in indirect lighting.

Also I’m interested to visit the genesis dealer next month to see what the experience is like. I’m concerned that our local dealer will be just as if it was Hyundai as Ken Garff is primary Hyundai based.
See below a couple of pics of "Dragon" my new 3.3 G70 Sport Dynamic AWD in Havana Red.
In MY opinion, Havana Red or Mallorca Blue are the best colors and lucky for me, the Dynamic limited edition only comes in Havana Red. I know there are a lot of Siberian Ice lovers out there but I think it looks too trendy and will look dated in 5 years when the fad fades. Color is a very personal thing! In person, the Havana Red actually looks darker and richer--almost Ruby like or Cranberry Red.
As for the local dealer (Ken Garff) they are great to work with and the service department is excellent. They swapped out the summer tires it came with and put on Winter Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 tires with American Racing AR907 Gloss Black Wheels (my choices). The Michelin Pilot or the Bridgestone Blizzack LM001 are the two PERFORMANCE tires that fit the G70 and since the car is a serious PERFORMANCE car, it made sense to me to put on performance tires. I see a lot of you making different choices and that may be because you have a lot more snow than we do in Utah. In Utah I figure I am driving on dry (cold) roads 90% of the time.

Attachments

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ hot!!!!!

But I have to say. SI is very rare. Not everyone goes for it...and not a fab. Nobody has the color.

I’m the only one around with it...and people freak out. I have folks do U’s and follow me to check the car out.

I know because I stop...and half the folks ask about the color and not the car. Others ask about the car.

So trendy...sure. But nobody does this color. It will be a trend forever!!!

It will NEVER be dated.

Red is red...just saying.

But congratulations.

CarGuru

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ hot!!!!!

But I have to say. SI is very rare. Not everyone goes for it...and not a fab. Nobody has the color.

I’m the only one around with it...and people freak out. I have folks do U’s and follow me to check the car out.

I know because I stop...and half the folks ask about the color and not the car. Others ask about the car.

So trendy...sure. But nobody does this color. It will be a trend forever!!!

It will NEVER be dated.

Red is red...just saying.

But congratulations.
Like I said, Color is a very personal thing. Some colors are classic and will never go out of style--white, black, red, blue, grey and silver. Others come and go and are either are trendy or just wrong (my opinion) such as green, purple, brown, yellow and orange--with the newest trendy color being primer grey of which siberian ice is a variation. When I see that color I just want to ask the owner when he/she plans on painting the car because it looks like primer gray to me. Don't get offended (although I think you probably are)--that's just my opinion. And YES, I have seen the G70 in person in Siberian Ice.