G70 US Availability?

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Like I said, Color is a very personal thing. Some colors are classic and will never go out of style--white, black, red, blue, grey and silver. Others come and go and are either are trendy or just wrong (my opinion) such as green, purple, brown, yellow and orange--with the newest trendy color being primer grey of which siberian ice is a variation. When I see that color I just want to ask the owner when he/she plans on painting the car because it looks like primer gray to me. Don't get offended (although I think you probably are)--that's just my opinion. And YES, I have seen the G70 in person in Siberian Ice.
Cool...Siberian Ice will go down in history. Nuff said. Nothing like it. Enjoy your red :)

Also...mention it to the RS7 folks that got the flat paint. Yeah...Genesis hit up the colors of $6k options of the Germans!!!!

To add...you have your plain folks...typical colors. Then you have your adventuresome type. The later has more fun and pride 😜

trackrat

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ hot!!!!!

But I have to say. SI is very rare. Not everyone goes for it...and not a fab. Nobody has the color.

I’m the only one around with it...and people freak out. I have folks do U’s and follow me to check the car out.

I know because I stop...and half the folks ask about the color and not the car. Others ask about the car.

So trendy...sure. But nobody does this color. It will be a trend forever!!!

It will NEVER be dated.

Red is red...just saying.

But congratulations.
Siberian Ice is not just unusual, but very well conceived. IMO, not likely to look dated in a few years, like, say Nardo Grey on Audi's that was so popular a couple of years ago. The entire color palette of the G70 line is excellent and a broad enough to suit most buyers.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Like I said, Color is a very personal thing. Some colors are classic and will never go out of style--white, black, red, blue, grey and silver. Others come and go and are either are trendy or just wrong (my opinion) such as green, purple, brown, yellow and orange--with the newest trendy color being primer grey of which siberian ice is a variation. When I see that color I just want to ask the owner when he/she plans on painting the car because it looks like primer gray to me. Don't get offended (although I think you probably are)--that's just my opinion. And YES, I have seen the G70 in person in Siberian Ice.
I've not seen the SI in person so cannot comment. As for brown, I had one years ago. I was due for a new company car and one of the offerings was Olds Cutlass. From the brochure, I chose a nice looking metallic bronze color. I thought it would look rich. Wrong. When the car was delivered I thought it was ugly. Drove it though, and at the end of the lease had the option to buy it from Avis for dirt cheap so i did. Drove it for 185.000 miles over 8 years. Changed jobs and it became my daily driver/beater. Left work one day and took off and went about 3 feet. Car died, would not start so I took the company pickup and stopped at a car dealer on the way home. Had a junk yard pick up the brown car.

As for yellow, I'd not turn down a yellow Lamborghini if offered.

kenbefound

Registered Member
Springfield, MA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
They have been selling the 2019s for a few months now and are in more than half the states. Those shipments you mention are at least the second or third shipments to those dealerships. With all of the different models/trim combinations it would not be feasible to have them all at every dealer. If you are interested in a specific combination then you can use third party sites like cars.com or CarGurus.com to search for it. You can also stop by a dealer to have them search and get you one in as part of their allocation. Here is a link to the latest states/dealers with inventory list.

Dealers with 2019s
At the Auburn MA dealership I was told they had no control over allocations and the best they could do was trade with a neighboring dealership if they had the specific combination I wanted.

Last edited:

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
At the Auburn MA dealership I was told they had no control over allocations and the best they could do was trade with a neighboring dealership if they had the specific combination I wanted.
This is the same thing that the Vancouver WA dealership told me.
They are not correct. Genesis operates on a points system and once they start selling cars they are able to request specific models/trims in their allocations. That is how Beefer got his car.

larrymg1

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
This is the same thing that the Vancouver WA dealership told me.
In my experiences, many dealerships do not want to take any extra steps in acquiring you a car. To a lesser degree, many don't even like to do a dealer trade and dread special orders. They want an immediate sale/lease.

kenbefound

Registered Member
Springfield, MA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
In my experiences, many dealerships do not want to take any extra steps in acquiring you a car. To a lesser degree, many don't even like to do a dealer trade and dread special orders. They want an immediate sale/lease.
Agreed, and now anyone who reads these posts will know the Vancouver WA & Auburn MA dealerships couldn't be bothered.

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So... I got my PA car registration slip today from the dealer. For the year and make it says '2019 General'. I guess that's close enough to Genesis, and kind of what I had expected: that the PA DMV doesn't recognize Genesis as a car manufacturer yet. At least the plates and vin match.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So... I got my PA car registration slip today from the dealer. For the year and make it says '2019 General'. I guess that's close enough to Genesis, and kind of what I had expected: that the PA DMV doesn't recognize Genesis as a car manufacturer yet. At least the plates and vin match.
Actually...it is the Dealer's system that probably did that. Did you go to DMV?...or get it via the Dealer.

If you go to DMV...you can get it corrected.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me here in VA. The dealer's systems did not recognize it...I guess their software from DMV or whatever wasn't up to par. But...I then went to DMV and their systems are all up to date...and got a new one.

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Actually...it is the Dealer's system that probably did that. Did you go to DMV?...or get it via the Dealer.

If you go to DMV...you can get it corrected.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me here in VA. The dealer's systems did not recognize it...I guess their software from DMV or whatever wasn't up to par. But...I then went to DMV and their systems are all up to date...and got a new one.
Huh, I guess I'll need to head down to the DMV then. The dealer did the document processing. Thanks for the info.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Most of the G70 colors have metallic or ceramic flakes in them, so you won't get a good impression of them in pictures or on video. You'll definitely have to see them in person.

Not sure if this was posted or mentioned elsewhere, but California seems to be getting G70s now: http://instagr.am/p/BscPlCzg31W/

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not sure if this was posted or mentioned elsewhere, but California seems to be getting G70s now:
We talked about that last week, we are not sure what that dealer is doing. They are not allowed to sell them, they could be just using it for marketing or perhaps just getting a commission for the sale through the actual dealer. When researching the VIN for that car it belongs to a dealer in AZ. I would have thought Genesis would have shut them down by now.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
After posting the above I sent them an information request on their contact page. I said that I noticed they had a G70 in stock and was wondering if they were taking orders for it through another dealer since they aren't licensed to sell 2019s yet. (I really should have been more accurate and said franchised since they may have a license, haven't checked) I got a response from them within 10 minutes or so:

"I have received your email inquiry on the 2019 G70 that we have on the lot. That is something we are licensed to sell, and it is in fact still available.

The 2019 Genesis models are not quite in full swing, but are expected to be soon.

Did you have any other questions in regards to the G70?"

I responded by thanking him for the info and saying that it was interesting because according to Genesis USA, no California franchises are allowed to sell the 2019s yet. I said I will check with them and see what they have to say. I also then asked why that car was allocated to a dealer in Arizona rather than them.

My response was sent about 1.5 hours ago with no answer, have a feeling I won't be getting one. ;)

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Anything on Delaware?
Unfortunately nothing on Delaware. We have been told that Genesis is licensed on all 50 states so I would imagine they have that there but I can't find a license lookup to verify. Oklahoma was very quick, I had their dealer codes being issued last Saturday and a dealer got inventory today. Would be great if they all go as quickly as that. If I see something on Delaware (or any new state) I will post right away rather than waiting for my Dealers with 2019s update.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.