G70 US Availability?

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Unfortunately nothing on Delaware. We have been told that Genesis is licensed on all 50 states so I would imagine they have that there but I can't find a license lookup to verify. Oklahoma was very quick, I had their dealer codes being issued last Saturday and a dealer got inventory today. Would be great if they all go as quickly as that. If I see something on Delaware (or any new state) I will post right away rather than waiting for my Dealers with 2019s update.
I just heard from the Edmond dealer and was told those are the cars they are expecting. He said 2 weeks.

rm6

SoCal
After posting the above I sent them an information request on their contact page. I said that I noticed they had a G70 in stock and was wondering if they were taking orders for it through another dealer since they aren't licensed to sell 2019s yet. (I really should have been more accurate and said franchised since they may have a license, haven't checked) I got a response from them within 10 minutes or so:

"I have received your email inquiry on the 2019 G70 that we have on the lot. That is something we are licensed to sell, and it is in fact still available.

The 2019 Genesis models are not quite in full swing, but are expected to be soon.

Did you have any other questions in regards to the G70?"

I responded by thanking him for the info and saying that it was interesting because according to Genesis USA, no California franchises are allowed to sell the 2019s yet. I said I will check with them and see what they have to say. I also then asked why that car was allocated to a dealer in Arizona rather than them.

My response was sent about 1.5 hours ago with no answer, have a feeling I won't be getting one. ;)
I called Palm Springs Genesis yesterday and the guy told me that they are allowed to sell this car and that they had bought it from the AZ dealership

I also called a few other dealerships around socal and they all say end of January, but more likely February for official deliveries, one even said March...same old story since September though, it seems like we're perpetually 6 weeks out...

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just heard from the Edmond dealer and was told those are the cars they are expecting. He said 2 weeks.
Interesting, as soon as they got their allocation they must have put them on their site and the third party sites.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I called Palm Springs Genesis yesterday and the guy told me that they are allowed to sell this car and that they had bought it from the AZ dealership
If that is the case then it opens a whole can of worms since anyone that buys it will probably be the second owner and not get the 10/100 warranty or incentives. My guess is they may not really sell that one and are only using it to try and get interest. If you notice on that guy's instagram he talked about coming into to order a G70, not buy that one.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interesting, as soon as they got their allocation they must have put them on their site and the third party sites.
I think you are right. I am still excited though. The cars are getting closer. However, I want AWD and they are not getting many.

Last edited:

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I think you are right. I am still excited though. The cars are getting closer. I want an 3.3 AWD and they are not getting many of those.
Yes, the light is at the end of the tunnel. I will still put them on the dealers with inventory since my criteria has been some showing on a third party site, or the dealer's or Genesis' and they meet a few of those criteria. I have time on my hands but I'm not going to call each dealer and ask to verify. ;)

CarGuru

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think you are right. I am still excited though. The cars are getting closer. However, I want AWD and they are not getting many.
People...My strong suggestion is to quit waiting for your local dealerships to get in the cars they all keep saying will be there any time now (my local dealership has been saying this since last August) and go to cars.com, put in the G70 you want and have it shipped from that dealer. As you know, that's what I did (had amy G70 shipped from Michigan to Salt Lake City). Sure it will cost you the shipping fees, but you will get your car and be free from the stress, brain damage and agony of waiting!

CarGuru

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've not seen the SI in person so cannot comment. As for brown, I had one years ago. I was due for a new company car and one of the offerings was Olds Cutlass. From the brochure, I chose a nice looking metallic bronze color. I thought it would look rich. Wrong. When the car was delivered I thought it was ugly. Drove it though, and at the end of the lease had the option to buy it from Avis for dirt cheap so i did. Drove it for 185.000 miles over 8 years. Changed jobs and it became my daily driver/beater. Left work one day and took off and went about 3 feet. Car died, would not start so I took the company pickup and stopped at a car dealer on the way home. Had a junk yard pick up the brown car.

As for yellow, I'd not turn down a yellow Lamborghini if offered.
Agreed. I would also not turn down an orange Mustang GT. As you know, most exotics, some trucks and muscle cars look great in those colors but the average car just looks silly--like a wannabe.

Toddasaurus

Registered Member
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
People...My strong suggestion is to quit waiting for your local dealerships to get in the cars they all keep saying will be there any time now (my local dealership has been saying this since last August) and go to cars.com, put in the G70 you want and have it shipped from that dealer. As you know, that's what I did (had amy G70 shipped from Michigan to Salt Lake City). Sure it will cost you the shipping fees, but you will get your car and be free from the stress, brain damage and agony of waiting!

How dare you tempt me! 😣

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes, the light is at the end of the tunnel. I will still put them on the dealers with inventory since my criteria has been some showing on a third party site, or the dealer's or Genesis' and they meet a few of those criteria. I have time on my hands but I'm not going to call each dealer and ask to verify. ;)
You have been AMAZING!! I have been so impressed with your information and willingness to share. I was so excited when you finally had Oklahoma listed. I think that Tulsa Genesis will be in same time frame. They just have not posted early. Last I talked to them they thought by end of January at latest. So, fingers crossed.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am in a weird group I guess. I have not driven or seen it and want to make sure i like the seat and feel of car. Also, not sure on color. Only thing sure on is AWD and 3.3 and other than that need to see it first.

CarGuru

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am in a weird group I guess. I have not driven or seen it and want to make sure i like the seat and feel of car. Also, not sure on color. Only thing sure on is AWD and 3.3 and other than that need to see it first.
I agree--it is important to see and test drive the car. Where do you live? Surely you have a dealer within 500 miles? I drove from Salt lake City to Las Vegas (400 miles) for such a reason. We (my wife and I) also took in some shows and festivities in Vegas which made it a fun trip.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Heck... I even left the country to go check it out. I was sold within 15 minutes.

Toddasaurus

Registered Member
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nothing wrong with that! The only reason why I'm even toying with the idea of having my car shipped is because I was able to test drive a 2.0 Prestige at my closest dealership. I was lucky to have them spontaneously receive stock just recently. Without having seen/driven the car, I wouldn't dare to take such a risk. That said, I don't blame you one bit. It's definitely something you need to see and feel before making such a big decision.

Anyway, speaking of transporting cars... I found my car (Silver AWD Sport w/grey stitching), but the closest dealership that has it is in Downers Grove, IL. Specifically, Pugi Hyundai.

Cars.com link...
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/760968284/overview/

Window sticker...
https://www.genesis.com/us/en/services/windowsticker?refreshToken=2018-11-13&vehicleType=new&VIN=KMTG34LE8KU020210

I emailed them just to see if transporting it to Vancouver Genesis is even an option, and if so, how much it would cost. On top of that, I'm even thinking about flying out there... *shakes head* Look at what this car is doing to me! Totally illogical. I should just wait.

Sigh....

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I agree--it is important to see and test drive the car. Where do you live? Surely you have a dealer within 500 miles? I drove from Salt lake City to Las Vegas (400 miles) for such a reason. We (my wife and I) also took in some shows and festivities in Vegas which made it a fun trip.
Oklahoma. I can go to Arkansas or Kansas, and have talked to the Kansas dealer in Kansas, but have
Heck... I even left the country to go check it out. I was sold within 15 minutes.
Yes. That was impressive and your review is a huge selling point for the car. :)

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are now dealers in the state I live, which is part of what I was waiting on. I was reluctant to force issue too much unless had a local dealership. I have had a car delivered to me before--although at that time they paid for shipping.
By the way, the Wichita Kansas dealer is terrific and willing to work with people--for those interested. He doesn't have a huge inventory yet, but does have cars on the lot and has sold some G70s.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I know what I want, I have seen it, I have driven it. The problem is the local dealer, will I ever get one? As of now the closest 2 dealers are over 2hrs away(not too crazy about that). I will continue to drive myself crazy waiting and wanting until end of the first quarter as Genesis has stated. Thanks for all the info and appreciate updates on Delaware.

Toddasaurus

Registered Member
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know what I want, I have seen it, I have driven it. The problem is the local dealer, will I ever get one? As of now the closest 2 dealers are over 2hrs away(not too crazy about that). I will continue to drive myself crazy waiting and wanting until end of the first quarter as Genesis has stated. Thanks for all the info and appreciate updates on Delaware.

Right there with you; except no dealer close by has the trim/color I want, and my local dealer seems too lazy to locate one for me. Right now I'm in touch with Pugi Genesis in IL, which at over 1,500 miles away, is the closest dealer that has exactly what I want. They're telling me I can buy it directly from them and they'll ship it to me, without even bothering with my local dealer. So far it actually sounds pretty reasonable. Honestly, of he gives me a decent price (not expecting anything groundbreaking) then I might just do it...

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Right there with you; except no dealer close by has the trim/color I want, and my local dealer seems too lazy to locate one for me. Right now I'm in touch with Pugi Genesis in IL, which at over 1,500 miles away, is the closest dealer that has exactly what I want. They're telling me I can buy it directly from them and they'll ship it to me, without even bothering with my local dealer. So far it actually sounds pretty reasonable. Honestly, of he gives me a decent price (not expecting anything groundbreaking) then I might just do it...
I do not care where I buy from. My only wanting a local dealer concerns are for warranty issues. I loved the car but have a few quality concerns. since it is a new model and also related to the stinger that seems to have some issues I am not crazy about a valet driving my 50k+ car over 2hrs each way for a warranty issue.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.