SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
i have no idea what dealer in which neighboring state would be technically closest but i know that none of them would be reasonable to drive to for service or maintenance. and in the event of a catastrophe, a tow could be hundreds of miles.

disappointingly, just not worth it.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Looks like just talking about it did the trick, Genesis of Arapahoe has just been issued their dealer code so Colorado is on the watchlist.

whaaaaat? this was not expected...!

still on a 7 week countdown to lease end so its gonna be tight but i guess this would open up purchase in other markets since now i would be able to receive local maintenance and service.

just when i was convinced to just get the audi....

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
we'll see how it goes down and when they get cars. no opposed to going to another state to get the model and color i want as long as local service is available.

was really expecting that colorado dealers were going to wait until an SUV was available, i understand how 3 sedans isnt very enticing here in the middle of winter taboot.

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
we'll see how it goes down and when they get cars. no opposed to going to another state to get the model and color i want as long as local service is available.

was really expecting that colorado dealers were going to wait until an SUV was available, i understand how 3 sedans isnt very enticing here in the middle of winter taboot.
I actually just sent a message to Genesis asking if I would be able to get service here in Colorado if no dealers opened. I am looking at a specific combo as well so out-of-state may be in my future still as well.

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
cool, let us know what they say if you get a reply

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Buying out of state is easy, but service is a potential problem due to distance. The concierge is limited to about 50 miles. How far is the nearest dealer and how far are you willing to drive for an oil change or warranty repair?

Of course, they may eventually put a dealer 5 miles from you but right now it is a crap shoot.
leasing out of state in colorado can be an issue depending on the state of origin. Cars from out of state in Colorado need a vin verification from a colorado dealer. I have already had a couple of dealers from other states say they will not transport the car to me until it is registered since it is a lease and Hyundai finance owns the car. Since I can't register the car without a vin verification and I can't get them to send the car it becomes a viscous circle.

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
cool, let us know what they say if you get a reply
My response:

Thank you for contacting Genesis Motor America. We appreciate your interest in our forthcoming Genesis Retailers near you.
Arapahoe Genesis
9899 E. Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO 80112
Sales: 877-782-4716
We are anticipating about 100 Genesis Retailers, so the resulting higher average throughput will allow the retailers to invest in new facilities, personnel training, local market promotions, etc. This will allow them to provide Genesis owners higher quality facilities and the better overall ownership experience they deserve.
Excitement is building for the Genesis Retailers, however, the release date and specifications for the Genesis Retailers have not yet been announced. We encourage you to continue to visit our website at Official Media Site - Genesis Newsroomwhere you can sign up to receive updates, news, and special offers via email.
We have documented your comments. Your case number 157020339 can be referenced if we can provide further assistance.
Thank you for contacting Genesis Motor America.

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I got an email reply to a website form inquiry from Marcus @ Arapahoe who says they dont expect cars until July. I have inquired as to when he may know their allocation of trims and colors and what's being delivered.

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I got an email reply to a website form inquiry from Marcus @ Arapahoe who says they dont expect cars until July. I have inquired as to when he may know their allocation of trims and colors and what's being delivered.
Stopped by Arapahoe yesterday and got the same answer, July. Josh @ Arapahoe learned from me that they had their license and had to verify it with someone else. Seems like that would be something you would announce to your staff, LOL

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My email to Marcus has not yet been replied to yet. I guess I shouldnt have expected much from the guy who replied to my initial inquiry w/ 2 half sentences void of any capitalized letters. Sure, I'll type like that on a forum but sure as hell not at work.

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There evidently is not a lot of information sharing at some dealers. Early on in this process I was emailing with a salesman in VA and quite a few times he told me that I was giving him info that he hadn't heard before. He said many times they are not aware of all of the offers, programs, etc. I'm wondering if it is a way for the dealerships to try and make some extra money, only the sales manager knows them and will apply them if the person asks. Then again, could just be poor management and communication.
Very different from the dealer I worked at. It was best price and the salesperson was also your finance person. In that situation the sales team knows price and has to be an expert on the programs and financing. Most of all, they ought to know and learn about a line of vehicles they are going to sell.

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
If anyone is in SoCal specially LA, South Bay Genesis has over 10 G70s sitting in the lot. I was there yesterday looking for a Hyundai for a friend when I spotted them. I saw one 3.3 white with black interior, don't know if they have more 3.3.
When I was checking their website to put the link in this post I noticed their announced G90 ultimate has inflated MSRP of $77k+ so they may apply the same inflation to other Genesis models.