G80 Sport - discoloration of the dark chrome trim around the doors

mdaecher

Registered Member
Pennsylvania
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Seems to be just the 18s. My trim is from the 2019 and its been fine since repair but now its ceramic coated so im good for years.
Yes, well...I'm looking at an 18 :). Regarding this ceramic coating - does the whole car typically get done? Do yourself or 3rd party? How much is the cost and how long does it last?

Ggace

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yes, well...I'm looking at an 18 :). Regarding this ceramic coating - does the whole car typically get done? Do yourself or 3rd party? How much is the cost and how long does it last?
Ceramic coating varies. You can DIY or hire a professional. I had it professionally installed with a 4 year warranty for $1,000 however this price includes the paint correction to repair some imperfections and swirls from previous owner. He was in my garage with a mobile utility van from 9am -11pm. He worked his but off and its magnificent haha. Always shiny. Always had that fresh wax look even after rain and a few days of pollen.

Direct message me of you have more question on the coating. I dont want to hijack the topic.

IMG_20190404_175654.jpgIMG_20190420_112211.jpg

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
when I get all my moldings on,I'm just going to wax them with the rest of the car, usually 2 or 3 times a year.

mdaecher

Registered Member
Pennsylvania
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Question: has anybody with a 2019 had any issues with the trim? Sounds like no, but wanted to confirm. Also, for anybody who replaced their 2018 trim, has there been any further issues?

Ggace

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Question: has anybody with a 2019 had any issues with the trim? Sounds like no, but wanted to confirm. Also, for anybody who replaced their 2018 trim, has there been any further issues?
I have not seen 2019 issues yet but may be too early to tell.

I have NOT had issues since the 2018 trim was replaced but it's only been about 4 months and it's now ceramic coated so odds are I won't be a valuable judge of opinion on this.

G-902490

Hello ... I tried this product on mine - Blue Magic Metal Polish Cleaner ... did nothing to improve the look. Anybody have any luck with a commercial cleaner / polish ?

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have not seen 2019 issues yet but may be too early to tell.

I have NOT had issues since the 2018 trim was replaced but it's only been about 4 months and it's now ceramic coated so odds are I won't be a valuable judge of opinion on this.
Still waiting for my trim, must be on a slow boat from Korea.
Wonder if trumphole is going to tax it extra special too?