• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Genesis G70 Reviews

xKingfisher

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not much in the way of new info, but a solid review. The only obviously wrong thing was the implication that the heated steering wheel was only available on the Design Edition.

You can see evidence of the wear on the driver's seat bolster around 3:25. Nothing terrible imo, just looks like broken in leather.

Also, I had never really noticed the front turn signals before, those work really well. And those shots of the Design Edition are straight sexy.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not much in the way of new info, but a solid review. The only obviously wrong thing was the implication that the heated steering wheel was only available on the Design Edition.

You can see evidence of the wear on the driver's seat bolster around 3:25. Nothing terrible imo, just looks like broken in leather.

Also, I had never really noticed the front turn signals before, those work really well. And those shots of the Design Edition are straight sexy.
The interior was the Design Edition but the exterior was a generic Middle East or Canadian Elite or Dynamic.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Canadian Sport. It has the 5 spoke rims...and dark chrome.

In the USA...Design builds on top of the Sport.
Not sure if we are referring to the same thing. When she talks about the Design, the exterior shot of the Nürburg Green has the 18" rims. Design has the 19" 10 spoke rims right?
I think the shot was just a generic Nürburg Green from press shots and not the US model.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not sure if we are referring to the same thing. When she talks about the Design, the exterior shot of the Nürburg Green has the 18" rims. Design has the 19" 10 spoke rims right?
I think the shot was just a generic Nürburg Green from press shots and not the US model.
Oh...I was talking about the car she was reviewing :)

Which would be Dynamic. Not sure if it was...no way to tell between Dynamic 3.3T and a red Sport...from first looks anyway.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh...I was talking about the car she was reviewing :)

Which would be Dynamic. Not sure if it was...no way to tell between Dynamic 3.3T and a red Sport...from first looks anyway.
Lol speaking of the one in the video, Red with red stitching looks too matchy matchy!

xKingfisher

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
AWD Design has the 18" rims. I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw that, thinking it was for all of them. RWD has the 19" 10-spoke.
Also, Design builds on the Prestige trim.

She reviewed a Dynamic, they just had some press shots of a Design that showed off the green well.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
AWD Design has the 18" rims. I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw that, thinking it was for all of them. RWD has the 19" 10-spoke.
Also, Design builds on the Prestige trim.

She reviewed a Dynamic, they just had some press shots of a Design that showed off the green well.
That's insane about the 18" on Design. Anyway I recognized that image from either the Canadian brochure or the Middle East one from a while back.
The image is also on the Canadian website!

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
He said he owns a BMW so I wished he did more of a comparison to that. But given his impressions with no caveats, I think we can assume the G70 is at the very least on par.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
LOL...I about shit when I saw this. Genesis giving G70's to NFL Pro Bowl MVP's. Picture these massive guys driving the car. HA...let alone getting in the back.

Wonder if you can get 26" rims for the car yet.

Genesis Newsroom

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
French review. Didn't think Genesis was in Europe other than Russia!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
French review. Didn't think Genesis was in Europe other than Russia!

It’s not. That’s Québécois...c’mon !!! Pretty sure anyway. But I do know it’s somewhere in Quebec. Tabernac!!

Across the pond...it’s only in Russia...and only the 2.0T.

Last edited:

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It’s not. That’s Québécois...c’mon !!! Pretty sure anyway. But I do know it’s somewhere in Quebec. Tabernac!!

Across the pond...it’s only in Russia...and only the 2.0T.
Can't tell with the license plate!