Genesis Sedan bulb sizes

consilius

Registered Member
Rear blinkers: PY21W/7507 (looks like an 1156 BUT IT IS NOT ONE!!!)
I purchased 1156 LED bulbs and it worked for me on the rear blinkers.

Purchased the Red LED set for $90.00 (XP80 - 510 Lumens).

Link to Genesis Rear LED Bulbs that I purchased (Diode Dynamics).

Here's their reference: Bulb Size 1156, also known as 1073 1095 1141 1156A 1195 12088 1295 199 2396 3497 631 7506 93 97 97A 97NA.

Last edited:

blackgenesis81

Registered Member
I just purchased a 2013 base model with Non HID lamps. I would like to swap out the low beam bulb with whiter color bulb (without going HID). However, I am seeing conflicting information on the bulb type for the low beam.

I see here, it says H11B and Sylvanial website says H11B but I see other posting on this forum about 2012+ models do not fit H11B bulb but rather H11 instead.

Anybody have the definite info on the low beam bulb type for 2012+ genesis with non HID lamps? Would appreciate any info. Thanks.
I have the same question. 2012 Genesis sedan premium. H11 or H11b? Please advise.

thompithak3182

Been here awhile...
alright, i got a 2013 genny, and was wanting to replace lights as well, on some sites it states h7 for high h11 for low and h8 for fogs, is that correct on all three of those bulb types? also, another site states that the fogs should be a mini h8 bulb, is that corret too?

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Don't remember off the top of my head but my go to for this info is the Sylvania Automotive Bulb guide. It's almost 100% correct. FWIW I purchased fog bulbs from diode dynamics and they were the correct type.

thompithak3182

Been here awhile...
yeah, i was looking around for LED lamps instead of halogen. the one issue im having is the temp of the LED they are all at 5500k. i cant find any 5500k halogen headlights for the low and high. the fogs and the DRL i can get LED but low beam they got a LED kit but its like 200 bucks and i aint spending that kind of money on that right now. but the LED fogs are 30 a peice and DRL i think is about the same. looking to change every bulb i can to LED, trunk lights, licence plate lights, door lights, glove box, vanity, all of it. well, im still browsing around. i been looking on carid.com they got putco and lumens branded LED stuff.

Buford T Justice

Registered Member
Wisconsin
I just purchased a 2013 base model with Non HID lamps. I would like to swap out the low beam bulb with whiter color bulb (without going HID). However, I am seeing conflicting information on the bulb type for the low beam.

I see here, it says H11B and Sylvanial website says H11B but I see other posting on this forum about 2012+ models do not fit H11B bulb but rather H11 instead.

Anybody have the definite info on the low beam bulb type for 2012+ genesis with non HID lamps? Would appreciate any info. Thanks.
The halogen low beam you need is the regular H11. I just put two SilverStar Ultra headlamps in the low beams on my 2013 base.

Bill K

Registered Member
Chicagoland
Do you have SilverStar Ultra or SilverStar zxe bulbs in your high beams?
I'm trying to see how white the DRL's get with those bulbs.

jediscuba

Getting familiar with the group...
OK ... but what about the HID as used on the 2015 5.0 Ultimate?
Do they have one bulb for both Hi and Lo beams or are there two different bulbs in the housing behind the focusing lens?
Rather than take it apart twice, I'd like to be pre-armed so that I'll have the correct new bulbs in hand. My older 2012 gennny used a halogen for high beam and an hid for low.

I'd also like to get a full schematic as I think it would be simple to use diodes to be able to activate the fog lights with the parking lights. Hmmm, maybe even upgrade the surround leds to higher brightness and have them on any time the engine is running.

Buford T Justice

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Do you have SilverStar Ultra or SilverStar zxe bulbs in your high beams?
I'm trying to see how white the DRL's get with those bulbs.
I just recently put the Silverstar zXE bulbs in my brights. Don't waste your money. They still look like hell in DRL mode. A bit whiter at night but they still look Halogen yellow during the day.:mad:

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
Did we ever figure out what is the correct front turn signal bulb? Is it a dual filament? I am replacing with LED during my retrofit and need to know size and whether or not a canbus is needed. Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Parasurfer1979

Wilmington, NC
Genesis Model Type
Can you guys take pix at night with the lights you've done? Much appreciated it. I think in my mind I know what im doing. Being a paraplegic, I have to pay my buddy to do this stuff. I only want him out at my car once so i wont have to pay him a 2nd time. Interior, I've seen the door lights already, the center console light, and those city lights in the headlight assembly. ohn and the fogs if anyone has done yellow. I wont be doing HID in those but 2500k yellow 35 watt halogen bulbs. I bought this car with no warranty so im not trying to burn up the wires the 1st month ive had it...lol. This is a great community. I was embraced by the members local to me the 1st day. Again thx

Parasurfer1979

Wilmington, NC
Genesis Model Type
Will these be a good swap for the fog lights? Will 30watt LED be brighter than 35watt halogen bulbs? I want yellow because that light will cut through fog. I miss my 95 Nissan 240SX SE had yellow fogs. Does anyone have led in their fogs? Pix?

I forgot the link...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/252056640897
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
NC
Genesis Model Type
These H8 LED's suck ass. They look carrot orange. I'm just going to just do 35watt yellow halogen bulbs.
My H8 Nokya Hyper Yellows died a month or so ago and I didn't think they were bright enough at 35 watts. Looked at a hand full of replacements and decided to stick with Nokya but got the brighter 55w bulbs meant to be used in a H11 socket. Only difference is one of the three tabs is wider on the H11 but with a little dremel action they fit into the H8 socket without issue. The H11 Arctic Hyper Yellow Stage 1 2500K Halogen bulbs are much brighter at 55w.

There is a Honda or acura forum where a guy modified the tabs years ago, which is where I got the idea.

Side note, the LED fogs I had years ago were garbage.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.