Genesis Sedan bulb sizes

gameday22

Been here awhile...
Florida

What is the bulb for the side yellow marker right near the blinker assembly? You can see it's not working with the lights on as it should be. I also just replaced the 168/194 peanut bulbs next to the high beam with Sylvania's LEDriving 1W LED ($9.99 each)...looks much better then stock bulbs. Thanks in advance !! :)

gameday22

Been here awhile...
Florida
1. Head lamp (Highbeam) - H1 55w
2. Non HID (Lowbeam) - H11B or HID Head lamp (Lowbeam) - D1S 35w
3. Front turn signal lamp - 2357 28/8w amber; (note: 1157 replacement bulbs will fit right in and work just as well)
4. Front side marker - 194 5w clear
5. Front fog lamp - H8 35w
6. Side mirror turn signal lamp - LED Strip (non-user serviceable)
7. High mounted stop lamp - LED (non-user serviceable)
8. Tail lamp (Inside - 1 prong) - 1157 27/8w clear
9. Stop lamp/Tail lamp (Outside - 2 prong) - 1157 27/8w clear
10. Rear turn signal lamp - 1156 27w amber
11. Back up lamp - 921 16w clear
12. Rear side marker - 921 clear
13. Overhead console lamp (Map/Dome) - 921 10w
14. Luggage lamp - 194 festoon 5w
Vanity mirror - 194 festoon 5w
License plate - 194 festoon
Courtesy lights (under doors) - 194/168
Glove box - 194 festoon

NJTom

Registered Member
Central PA
Back on page 1 of this post, someone asked about the fog lights coming on with the parking lights without the headlights. Has anyone been able to do this modification correctly? If so, can you please post how it was done? Thanks.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Anyone running a higher wattage bulbe than OEM H7 high beam bulbs?? I'm considering a 65W Osram Ultra High Output (2100 lumen, H9 burner on H7 base, race and special-purpose use) I don't think the extra 10W would be an issue, and I've heard Hyundai's wiring is pretty beefy anyway.....

Thoughts anyone?

mtrot

Registered Member
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Anyone running a higher wattage bulbe than OEM H7 high beam bulbs?? I'm considering a 65W Osram Ultra High Output (2100 lumen, H9 burner on H7 base, race and special-purpose use) I don't think the extra 10W would be an issue, and I've heard Hyundai's wiring is pretty beefy anyway.....

Thoughts anyone?
I installed a set of the 65W Osram H7 bulbs you mentioned in the high beams of my daughter's Sonata, which also uses H7 bulbs. She says they are much brighter than the stock H7s. 2100 lumens is a LOT more than the 1450 lumens of the standard H7. This is, of course, assuming the Hyundai wiring is delivering the full voltage output of the electrical system. If I remember correctly, when I looked at the wiring in her Sonata, I was not real impressed with the gauge of it.

As a side note, in my Buick Century, I had to install a wiring harness to get any decent light out of my bulbs, as the gauge of the wires was so ridiculously small. With the harness in place, the lights are freaking bright, comparatively.

kf4zra

Registered Member
Tampa, FL

mtrot

Registered Member
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)

Thoughts anyone?
Yes, I just today received a set of Osram 65W H7 bulbs and installed them. They are supposed to emit 2100 lumens compared to 1450 lumens for the standard 55W H7. I took a short spin after dark, and they do put out noticeably more light down the road. I did notice the stock wiring looks decent, but based on my experience I do not believe the lights are getting the full output of the battery.

I think with a wiring harness drawing power directly from the battery, they would put out an even brighter and whiter light. Only problem is that it looks to me like one would have to practically disassemble the front end of the car to install one.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Yes, I just today received a set of Osram 65W H7 bulbs and installed them. They are supposed to emit 2100 lumens compared to 1450 lumens for the standard 55W H7. I took a short spin after dark, and they do put out noticeably more light down the road. I did notice the stock wiring looks decent, but based on my experience I do not believe the lights are getting the full output of the battery.

I think with a wiring harness drawing power directly from the battery, they would put out an even brighter and whiter light. Only problem is that it looks to me like one would have to practically disassemble the front end of the car to install one.
Thanks for the info. I actually installed the bulbs a couple of days ago, but haven't driven the car at night since then. I'll test this out tonight:)

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
The owners manual specifies 35 watts. The bulb you reference is 55 watts.
OM calls for a 55 watt bulb for high beams on all models. Non HID low beams are also 55 watts. The 65W bulb that is referenced in the above link should only be used for the high beams.

utog

Hasn't posted much yet...
Honolulu, HI
Not sure if this was posted, but on my 2012, the amber position bulb below the high beam is a PSY24W bulb. While the front turn signal lamp (side marker), are (3) individual LED's. Hope this helps. Aloha.

Darren

sacchoe

Getting familiar with the group...
1. Head lamp (Highbeam) - H1 55w
2. Non HID (Lowbeam) - H11B or HID Head lamp (Lowbeam) - D1S 35w
I just purchased a 2013 base model with Non HID lamps. I would like to swap out the low beam bulb with whiter color bulb (without going HID). However, I am seeing conflicting information on the bulb type for the low beam.

I see here, it says H11B and Sylvanial website says H11B but I see other posting on this forum about 2012+ models do not fit H11B bulb but rather H11 instead.

Anybody have the definite info on the low beam bulb type for 2012+ genesis with non HID lamps? Would appreciate any info. Thanks.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.