Getting excited about the 2021 Stinger

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Interesting read about the new engines and the RH vs LH-drive cars.

[/URL]

I saw that earlier... It seems weird to me. They say that RHD markets will continue to use the current engines due to cost overhead, while other markets using LHD will get the new engines. Doesn't really make sense to me. It seems like it would be more cost effective to only make the new smartstream engines and just do away with the current Lambda II and Theta II engines. *shrug*

I guess time will tell.

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis G70
Must be packaging changes. I'd think the new engine could bring changes to the steering box, brakes, exhaust, etc. You'd think it would be just a mirror image but then you'd have to redo the tooling.

My guess is that if the sales don't improve in the RH-Drive areas the car go away when the current stocks dries up .

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis G70
In 1997 I was in England and drove a rental Peugeot. It was Right drive and they had moved the steering system straight across, not mirror style. Moved 36 inches or so to the right. The ignition key was so close the the right door handle it was difficult to put the key in the ignition slot unless I had the door open. Adapting to right drive takes some time and money and engineering. What right drive areas do they sell the G70? UK, India, Oz, NZ, Japan?

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis G70
2.5T confirmed and this is looking really good. I like the rear end...

petraman

All Gas, No Brakes
Genesis G70
more advanced Full LED lights
Yeah, I work in automotive lighting design, and I can't help but laugh at that. Going from an AFS projector unit to a multi-bucket LED reflector setup is going many, many steps back. Hopefully the G70 doesn't suffer the same fate.

equus2013

Registered Member
Nashville, TN
Yeah, I work in automotive lighting design, and I can't help but laugh at that. Going from an AFS projector unit to a multi-bucket LED reflector setup is going many, many steps back. Hopefully the G70 doesn't suffer the same fate.
I agree with you! I’m afraid they have taken a step back. The new GV80 and G80 have 4 LED lights per side (two on top, two on bottom). From the spy shots of the facelifted G70, it has 2 per side (one on top, one on bottom). The new Genesis style LED headlights have not been shown to have auto-leveling nor active-bending at this time. I love watching a G70 start up at night and watching the lights do a leveling check. I guess we’ll find out once these cars go on sale.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Looks great. The rear end looks nice, the wheels look great and the infotainment fits perfectly. I dunno man... scout out a good Kia dealer, be upfront and see what can be done!

Backslack

Registered Member
The stitched dash looks great. My biggest issue with the current Stinger interior was how that dash looked like a huge mass of cheap black plastic in a Dodge. Glad to see it fixed.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums