HELP on color choice!!!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not a single regret picking AB. It's hard to stop staring and the pearl in the paint makes it transform (unfortunately only in color, not into a robot) in varied lighting. Does show a decent bit of dirt up close, but I'm going to be washing weekly anyways.

Damn... I was hoping you lucked out by accidentally buying an actual Autobot or Decepticon transformer car. Too bad.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Personally I'm leaning towards the Mallorca Blue or the Adriatic Blue. The Havana Red looks pretty good too or the Himalayan Gray. That being said I don't think you can go wrong with any of the color options.

I was at the NY auto show and they had Havana Red right next to Mallorca Blue, so it was a great time to make a comparison. Both the colors really popped, but I'm a sucker for a bright blue. The only new car I ever bought was a 2015 Civic Si in Dyno Blue Pearl.

Soontobeowner

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm if course biased and love the HG. The way it looks in different lighting is amazing and the amount of sparkle in the flake in the sunlight is dazzling! No matter what color you choose you can't go wrong. Genesis did a great job with all the colors.
I have the sport package and I chose the black quilted with gray stitching.
Thanks. That would be my choice as well but I live in the Midwest and the 19” wheels may be too much for snow and ice and I don’t want to have to have to switch them out. But I also love the 5 spoke wheels on the Sport package so not sure what I will do on that.

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tough to choose. If you want it to stand out I'd say the mallorca blue or siberian ice are my top two choices. The blue just pops in all lighting but I'm a bit biased I guess. The siberian ice is really unique. That would had been my choice but I wanted a metallic flake. It's probably the best color for not showing dirt as well. Next would be casablanca white and havana red. I'm not normally a white fan but was blown away by how the white looked on the G70 in person. Very sharp and eye catching. Havana red is great as well.

I think all the colours look better with the dark chrome.

Soontobeowner

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tough to choose. If you want it to stand out I'd say the mallorca blue or siberian ice are my top two choices. The blue just pops in all lighting but I'm a bit biased I guess. The siberian ice is really unique. That would had been my choice but I wanted a metallic flake. It's probably the best color for not showing dirt as well. Next would be casablanca white and havana red. I'm not normally a white fan but was blown away by how the white looked on the G70 in person. Very sharp and eye catching. Havana red is great as well.

I think all the colours look better with the dark chrome.
Thanks...have never had this much trouble picking a car color! The Mallorca Blue is a definite standout! Also like a color that hides the dirt since I don’t get my cars washed often enough!

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
Titusville FL
I'm looking for a Mallorca Blue, grey interior. Black interior is too gloomy for me.

I wish the old deep Ibiza Blue were available. I had that in both a Genny V6 Coupe, and a G80 5.0. Stunning! And gathered many compliments.

I haven't personally eyeballed the Mallorca or the Adriatic Blues, but I've closely looked at all the photos I can find. While the Mallorca seems a bit light-bright, the Adriatic looks almost black except in direct daylight - too much so for me. I have a Bronze TBird with the same problem - looks tan in all but bright sunlight.

I could almost go for red, another favorite, but I already have a red car in the driveway (Jag F Pace).

Just goes to show that we all have differing tastes, and should be happiest with what we like, not someone else.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Dai Uy Ted

Registered Member
Titusville FL
I should check it out in person. There are more Adriatics with my specs available around FL.
But I don't see them on the road in my area. And based on past experience, if I visited a dealership, I'd leave in whatever they wanted to sell me - I have no sales resistance (what they call a "laydown"). (I was a new car salesman centuries ago, for six months. Absolute failure.)

Soontobeowner

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm looking for a Mallorca Blue, grey interior. Black interior is too gloomy for me.

I wish the old deep Ibiza Blue were available. I had that in both a Genny V6 Coupe, and a G80 5.0. Stunning! And gathered many compliments.

I haven't personally eyeballed the Mallorca or the Adriatic Blues, but I've closely looked at all the photos I can find. While the Mallorca seems a bit light-bright, the Adriatic looks almost black except in direct daylight - too much so for me. I have a Bronze TBird with the same problem - looks tan in all but bright sunlight.

I could almost go for red, another favorite, but I already have a red car in the driveway (Jag F Pace).

Just goes to show that we all have differing tastes, and should be happiest with what we like, not someone else.

My favorite car of all time was a blue, but was a combination of these two...not too dark and not too bright. BMW has one close to it available in their 5 series this year, but not in anything else. If the AB is not too dark, I may opt for that over the Mallorca but that one does seem like it will appear cleaner more often. Going Gray interior, too for the same reason (too dark inside with the black). Thanks!

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I should check it out in person. There are more Adriatics with my specs available around FL.
But I don't see them on the road in my area. And based on past experience, if I visited a dealership, I'd leave in whatever they wanted to sell me - I have no sales resistance (what they call a "laydown"). (I was a new car salesman centuries ago, for six months. Absolute failure.)
Pictures don't do AB justice. If you get the chance to see it at a dealer, take a look at it in direct sunlight and then again in the shade. SI too if you are considering that at all.

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I almost went AB because I liked how it almost came off as black in pics. I saw it in person, its definitely much lighter (almost purple sometimes IMO). Youve really got to go see both blues in person, pics dont do them justice to what they really look like

Soontobeowner

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I almost went AB because I liked how it almost came off as black in pics. I saw it in person, its definitely much lighter (almost purple sometimes IMO). Youve really got to go see both blues in person, pics dont do them justice to what they really look like
So what color did you end up going with, joschneider?

LD5050

Zorg Industries
East Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Pictures don't do AB justice. If you get the chance to see it at a dealer, take a look at it in direct sunlight and then again in the shade. SI too if you are considering that at all.
Can confirm. You really have to see SI in both sunny and cloudy conditions to judge it fairly. I love most of the Genesis paint choices, honestly. SI being exclusive to the Sport editions on the g80 helped us decide.

Plus it’s kind of hard to describe. That slight edge should help me make it to Mexico if I ever rob a bank.

Soontobeowner

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Victoria Black. not easy to keep clean, and not great for the heat, but I just love black cars
Nice...you’re a braver man than I. Love the looks...just too damn hard to keep clean
I had a black 2016 Genesis and you are right. Keeping a black car clean and beautiful is a full time job.
is that a Red one you have now, danygenesis? Love it?