• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

HELP on color choice!!!

ninac

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Not a big fan of red cars in general, but the HR looks fantastic in person. Almost makes me want one. I think the AB also looks really good as well.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Havana Red is the faster color!! :good: :cheerie::woot::drive::ohyeah:
Definitely drove my red Corolla more aggressively on the regular than my AB G70. Must be the color!
Truth be told, the HR color was what kept me from wanting a 3.3t Dynamic. Draws too much attention

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What is the issue with red on these cars, again? Manufacturing issue or stability or something?
Something about the paint from the factory. Were on hold for a while or something. Not sure if it has anything to do with the current HR cars out in the road today..?

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've been avoiding gray/silver cars since I've had a few, but I have to say the santiago silver on chrome was impressive first hand. Mallorca Blue and the Red are impressive. I was into Siberian Ice initially but I have to say the color has waned on me. It's appealing under certain light conditions but looks like a regular white car after sundown.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
yes, It had to do with an inconsistency in color matching the panels on some cars.
I also heard it was about color matching BETWEEN cars. Although, the HR painted G70s I have seen have been perfect. Weird as HR is carried over from the G80.

Soontobeowner

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes, 3.3T Havana Red Prestige RWD. I've never had a red car before but the HR is gorgeous, one of the best looking red in the market.
Went and looked again today at multiple colors...HR, MB, White, and HG. Apparently, getting your hands on a HG at this point in the Midwest is nearly impossible. Found this quite troubling, especially for a brand that is trying so desperately to build itself. Was getting ready to leave when I saw the dealers personal car...Adriatic Blue with Gray interior. I’m sold!!! Might be a little dark, and will certainly take more work to keep clean, but it was spectacular in the sun. Now, all I have to do is convince the owner to sell me his daily car. Thanks to all of you for the opinions but, in the end, the choice for me was clear. I just needed to see it with my own eyes in the right light! Can’t wait...

ninac

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Went and looked again today at multiple colors...HR, MB, White, and HG. Apparently, getting your hands on a HG at this point in the Midwest is nearly impossible. Found this quite troubling, especially for a brand that is trying so desperately to build itself. Was getting ready to leave when I saw the dealers personal car...Adriatic Blue with Gray interior. I’m sold!!! Might be a little dark, and will certainly take more work to keep clean, but it was spectacular in the sun. Now, all I have to do is convince the owner to sell me his daily car. Thanks to all of you for the opinions but, in the end, the choice for me was clear. I just needed to see it with my own eyes in the right light! Can’t wait...
Glad you found a color you like. You should post some pics if you decide to get it.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If I didn't want the 3.3 Sport, that's the color combo I would have wanted. Best of luck! Post some pics once you get your G70!

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not a single regret picking AB. It's hard to stop staring and the pearl in the paint makes it transform (unfortunately only in color, not into a robot) in varied lighting. Does show a decent bit of dirt up close, but I'm going to be washing weekly anyways.
I have to agree with the AB, I traveled half way across the country and had never seen it in person. When I saw it parked in the lot I knew I made the right decision. In full sun it is brilliant.

cvandenhaute

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was considering the Havana Red but I ended up deciding for Silver. It just gives the car a more high-end (luxury) look in my opinion. My previous car was a sporty Red FR-S so it could also be that I was tired of driving in a red car...
I have to say that silver is a really good color on the G70, even more so in Sport. All my cars have been white, black or grey and I really want a color for my next one but every time I see a picture of the G70 in Santiago Silver I find it stunning... Decisions decision