• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

HELP on color choice!!!

Riley

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I am currently looking at cars in sport trim and have not been able to view that many colors in natural lighting . I saw the Mallorca Blue at the auto show and it looked spectacular. Since then I have seen White which looks pretty darn good. It would be great to go to a dealer with a big selection of all of the colors in sport trim, but alas, I don't see that happening any time soon.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I am currently looking at cars in sport trim and have not been able to view that many colors in natural lighting . I saw the Mallorca Blue at the auto show and it looked spectacular. Since then I have seen White which looks pretty darn good. It would be great to go to a dealer with a big selection of all of the colors in sport trim, but alas, I don't see that happening any time soon.
Pretty sure they use magic lights at the auto show. I went to q dealer for a test drive and they had a Havana Red 6MT on the showroom floor. I liked the red but wished it was brighter. Saw the same color at the NY Auto Show and it looked absolutely amazing, as did the Mallorca Blue sitting next to it.

G70girl

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I feel in the same boat. I really enjoy the grey/copper motif but I also love the look of Siberian Ice and Mallorca Blue.

I think it'll be a tossup and depend on what's available at the dealership. Either that or I'll just pick a random number.

I'd really like to know how they all look when dirty as my current 2015 Genesis is black and shows nearly every speck of dirt. If anyone has insight on that, that would be rad.
I have Siberian Ice and it really hides the dirt and dust well!!!!!!

50jae

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like how the white and silver paint blend with the chrome pieces in the non-sport versions - the contrast with the darker paint colors didn't gel with me, so I went with casablanca white and have no regrets. It doesn't look as sporty as the other colors but it looks really luxurious and receives a lot of stares/compliments. I agree with the previous post that dark chrome makes all colors look better, and if I went with the sport I would've probably chosen MB.

Ron926

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

DefinitelyMaybe

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Siberian Ice is impossible to take a picture of that represents what it looks like in person but here are some shots of my two day old car.

Attachments

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Siberian Ice is impossible to take a picture of that represents what it looks like in person but here are some shots of my two day old car.
So very true... it can be unique in certain bright lighting conditions and then rather pedestrian at night, would be hard pressed to see much of difference next to the casablanca white at night.

Here's a pic of my SI.IMG_02653.JPG

Last edited:

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My decision is two to three months out so I read here to stay convinced. I checked VW Arteon today online to stay current on "competition". First turnoff was colors choice. See here:

What are the Color Options for the 2019 Volkswagen Arteon?

Except for yellow the colors appeal to a conservative perhaps older buyer. I am an older buyer and find them without interest. And the yellow blows.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

GenericUsername

Registered Member
Toronto, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@Truck Norris Nice car, and beautiful scenery in the background. I miss Nova Scotia; need to pay a visit sometime soon. You should install a plate holder in the back. The plate sitting directly on the rear of the car will probably scratch it (I've had that happen in the past)

Twolf

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
That yellow is hideous! I don't like the blue, red, or gray either but I cannot imagine who approved that yellow. I'd not even park near it let alone buy it.
Seriously the funniest reply message I have read in this forum. And I totally agree with your evaluation of the color. BMWs have a similar color. Who the heck would buy an M3 or 5 in it is beyond me, but I have seen them. People will buy just about anything. Thanks for the laugh.

g704get

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I think in a lot of cases your phone thinks the siberian ice car is supposed to be white and adjusts its white balance to make it white. try turning off white balance or adjusting to a cooler setting before photographing siberian ice to see if you can get a more accurate representation.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I spent the last few weeks trying to find any non demo RWD 3.3T sports. Found a Dynamic in red, and one in Siberian Ice. Found a silver one that turned out to be a demo but really liked the color. The SI car was 2.5 hours away but only had 10 miles on it. I spent hours looking at pics of that color and still couldn't figure it out or whether I liked it. It does not photo accurately. I made the trip and bought it on the spot. It looks awesome and not like powder blue like I thought it might as in some pics. Silver would have been my first choice for ease of care, but SI is a fantastic, unique color that despite being non metallic, it shifts colors. Looks way different in person and is more Grey than anything. Pops with the red brakes and red stitching interior.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums