- Genesis Model Type
- Genesis G70
So, Agency Power intakes installed... I’m disappointed in the product itself. Fitment was less than adequate in multiple places.
- Having to modify the passenger side recirc hose was unexpected and annoying. If I go back to stock that hose will need to be replaced with new, may have to be replaced if I go with a different intake as well.
- Driver side heat shield is pressed against the strut bar, no amount of finagling would help that.
- Driver side trim piece is just enough to actually press up on the hood and show a noticeable gap. Removing that trim piece solved the gap issue, I pulled both sides off because symmetry. Plus honestly the overall design isn’t really preventing hot engine air passed the shields.
- Driver side PCV hose fitting loosely fit into the piping. The fitting is plastic which kinda surprised me seeing as all of AP’s lit shows it being brass.
- Passenger side hose clamp at the turbo was smaller than it should be and was a royal pain in the ass to install with the clamp needing to be all the way out to the edge while as far open as possible without being off the hose.
- Passenger side pipe into the heat shield puts the filter less than a 1/4” from heat shield mounting screw. May not be a problem but damn it’s really close.
- Passenger side pipe, where the filter attaches, is going to have to be modified to keep the filter from slipping off once clamped down. This is extremely frustrating because the way the pipe and shield come together you don’t have much room to slide the filter back over the pipe. Three times the filter slipped off while tightening the clamp down. The clamp keeps walking towards the end of the pipe as you tighten it. I’ll need to check this regularly until I can pull the pipe back out and rough up the end to give the filter some friction points.
I mean yay I’ve got intakes and they sound great. But honestly disappointed with the overall quality of the kit. I feel like the entire kit was done as “close enough” and boxed to ship. Most of the reviews and comments I’d seen about this AP kit were positive, and it wasn’t until after I installed it that I saw a comment on AP’s site echoing some of my complaints.
So yeah, this is my opinion. Not sure if others have had the same issue and I missed those, or if I got a “Friday” kit.
Dang, I can understand your frustration. Like @joschneider said, many Stinger owners have also complained of the driver's side intake hose popping off because there is no lip on the elbow end where the coupling attaches. They've emailed AP about it, maybe you can as well and let them know about your fitment problems in the G70..
I'd ask to return that damn thing! It's so expensive, it shouldn't have that many issues.