• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

3.3T Intake comparisons

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I ended up getting a Spectre Performance 9148 4" Intake Duct Mounting Plate and cutting it in half (triangle shape) to use on the drivers side and passengers side filter to help hold the filter back and resting on the backside of the shields. I used the stainless clap to hold it onto the filter, which holds it onto the 2" long by 3" O.D. tubes. Seems to work well!

Attachments

raf1919

Registered Member
Chicago Burbs
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which intake is easiest to return back to stock. Also do you guys return them to stock for every visit like oil change or only for like repairs?

If I go to dealer for just oil change will they care about cai

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which intake is easiest to return back to stock. Also do you guys return them to stock for every visit like oil change or only for like repairs?

No one can answer this for you. Talk to your dealer, ask them what they think of basic modifications. Some would need to go back to stock, some don’t.

If you find you truly do need to, I believe any intake thatstill uses the bottom of the stock air box would be fastest

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

If you don't care about heat shielding you should probly just do the DIY intake in with leaving the oe bottom intake Box . There is a huge thread about this over on The stinger forum

G-77434

Hello, i use AEM intake...takes me 15 min tops to replace to stock...i always remove for any type of visit as i dont want any reason for them to cancel my warranty. Hope that helps.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums