3.3T Intake comparisons

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I ended up getting a Spectre Performance 9148 4" Intake Duct Mounting Plate and cutting it in half (triangle shape) to use on the drivers side and passengers side filter to help hold the filter back and resting on the backside of the shields. I used the stainless clap to hold it onto the filter, which holds it onto the 2" long by 3" O.D. tubes. Seems to work well!

Attachments

raf1919

Registered Member
Chicago Burbs
Genesis G70
Which intake is easiest to return back to stock. Also do you guys return them to stock for every visit like oil change or only for like repairs?

If I go to dealer for just oil change will they care about cai

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
Which intake is easiest to return back to stock. Also do you guys return them to stock for every visit like oil change or only for like repairs?

No one can answer this for you. Talk to your dealer, ask them what they think of basic modifications. Some would need to go back to stock, some don’t.

If you find you truly do need to, I believe any intake thatstill uses the bottom of the stock air box would be fastest

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis G70

If you don't care about heat shielding you should probly just do the DIY intake in with leaving the oe bottom intake Box . There is a huge thread about this over on The stinger forum

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
^This, or the BMS intake is pretty dang easy to install and remove, and has proven gains (like most other intakes). It's not too expensive either.

G-77434

Hello, i use AEM intake...takes me 15 min tops to replace to stock...i always remove for any type of visit as i dont want any reason for them to cancel my warranty. Hope that helps.

hi_im_pancake

Registered Member
Genesis G70

Are you worried about voiding warranty? Technically a manufacturer cannot deny warranty over aftermarket installed parts *unless* it can be proven that the aftermarket parts were the direct cause of a failure. Having said that some dealers like to tell you that anything except stock factory parts instantly voids warranty. But again, unless the aftermarket part is proven to cause a failure then it can’t technically cause denial of warranty repair/replacement.

And as far as intakes go, most intake manufacturers do their best to not deviate too much from OE design (i.e. relocating the MAF/MAP sensor) so that their intakes won’t cause issues with a vehicle. About the only time I’ve seen a dealer have a legitimate compliant about an aftermarket intake is when the filter is oiled excessively and the oil “gunked up” the MAF sensor.

Removing/reinstalling your intake every time you take your car in for service can be a unnecessary pain in the ass. You can ask your service advisor first to make sure, but honestly it should be a non-issue.

I’ve got my Agency Power intakes in now, they’ll be installed soon. Intakes and cat-backs have been standard installs on all my vehicles, never once had a dealer take issue with them when it came to warranty

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Are you worried about voiding warranty? Technically a manufacturer cannot deny warranty over aftermarket installed parts *unless* it can be proven that the aftermarket parts were the direct cause of a failure. Having said that some dealers like to tell you that anything except stock factory parts instantly voids warranty. But again, unless the aftermarket part is proven to cause a failure then it can’t technically cause denial of warranty repair/replacement.

And as far as intakes go, most intake manufacturers do their best to not deviate too much from OE design (i.e. relocating the MAF/MAP sensor) so that their intakes won’t cause issues with a vehicle. About the only time I’ve seen a dealer have a legitimate compliant about an aftermarket intake is when the filter is oiled excessively and the oil “gunked up” the MAF sensor.

Removing/reinstalling your intake every time you take your car in for service can be a unnecessary pain in the ass. You can ask your service advisor first to make sure, but honestly it should be a non-issue.

I’ve got my Agency Power intakes in now, they’ll be installed soon. Intakes and cat-backs have been standard installs on all my vehicles, never once had a dealer take issue with them when it came to warranty
I would like to know what you think of the Agency Powrr.

raf1919

Registered Member
Chicago Burbs
Genesis G70

Yea I hear ya. But I just didn't want to risk it
The dealer situation seems a mess I have no trust in anything they would tell. Ie they say yes and issue happens they deny it because they didn't know. It took them like 2 weeks to get my car set up with gma to activate smart features.

I'm going the diy route and clone bms where I leave stock piping in and half box in so that switching to stock is a 5min job.

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70

The 3.3 does not use a MAF sensor, it's a MAP only. The MAP sensor is located on the cold side charge piping, just a little before the throttle body. The intake design will have no effect on MAP sensor input.

Edit: Also, my dealership told me "any" mods will result in loss of warranty. But, not every dealer is a jerk like mine.

Last edited:

raf1919

Registered Member
Chicago Burbs
Genesis G70
After some trial and error of trying to make my large AEM filter fit, I finally found an acceptable setup. I was able to point it forward and rest it on bracket in the front which was added bonus to help support it up in the air. I really like this setup. I didnt complete the setup because these plastic spectre elbows just give me a bad feeling, I worry the excess heat will make the brittle and they'll end up in side my turbos, so took everything off and will replace with rubber or metal elbow and complete the setup. I put the heat shield underneath to block turbo heat, maybe i'll at another shield on top to make like a cocoon around it.

Just putting these on I felt like it was 10HP faster and once I put the stickers on it will be 15HP gain. :)

you can see pics in my G70 album G70

raf1919

Registered Member
Chicago Burbs
Genesis G70
Installed my diy intake today. Sound profile not as loud as I was hoping, however it did feel little more peppy.

Attachments

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
^Agreed! Unique, but also looks very good. Well done.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
I believe it - but the increased surface area is a good thing!!

hi_im_pancake

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So, Agency Power intakes installed... I’m disappointed in the product itself. Fitment was less than adequate in multiple places.
- Having to modify the passenger side recirc hose was unexpected and annoying. If I go back to stock that hose will need to be replaced with new, may have to be replaced if I go with a different intake as well.
- Driver side heat shield is pressed against the strut bar, no amount of finagling would help that.
- Driver side trim piece is just enough to actually press up on the hood and show a noticeable gap. Removing that trim piece solved the gap issue, I pulled both sides off because symmetry. Plus honestly the overall design isn’t really preventing hot engine air passed the shields.
- Driver side PCV hose fitting loosely fit into the piping. The fitting is plastic which kinda surprised me seeing as all of AP’s lit shows it being brass.
- Passenger side hose clamp at the turbo was smaller than it should be and was a royal pain in the ass to install with the clamp needing to be all the way out to the edge while as far open as possible without being off the hose.
- Passenger side pipe into the heat shield puts the filter less than a 1/4” from heat shield mounting screw. May not be a problem but damn it’s really close.
- Passenger side pipe, where the filter attaches, is going to have to be modified to keep the filter from slipping off once clamped down. This is extremely frustrating because the way the pipe and shield come together you don’t have much room to slide the filter back over the pipe. Three times the filter slipped off while tightening the clamp down. The clamp keeps walking towards the end of the pipe as you tighten it. I’ll need to check this regularly until I can pull the pipe back out and rough up the end to give the filter some friction points.
I mean yay I’ve got intakes and they sound great. But honestly disappointed with the overall quality of the kit. I feel like the entire kit was done as “close enough” and boxed to ship. Most of the reviews and comments I’d seen about this AP kit were positive, and it wasn’t until after I installed it that I saw a comment on AP’s site echoing some of my complaints.
So yeah, this is my opinion. Not sure if others have had the same issue and I missed those, or if I got a “Friday” kit.

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis G70
^ Stinger forums are full of people saying not to get this kit. Even worse, your filters pop off constantly! Go for a couple drives open your hood and take a look. It seems bad all around

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis G70
So, Agency Power intakes installed... I’m disappointed in the product itself. Fitment was less than adequate in multiple places.
- Having to modify the passenger side recirc hose was unexpected and annoying. If I go back to stock that hose will need to be replaced with new, may have to be replaced if I go with a different intake as well.
- Driver side heat shield is pressed against the strut bar, no amount of finagling would help that.
- Driver side trim piece is just enough to actually press up on the hood and show a noticeable gap. Removing that trim piece solved the gap issue, I pulled both sides off because symmetry. Plus honestly the overall design isn’t really preventing hot engine air passed the shields.
- Driver side PCV hose fitting loosely fit into the piping. The fitting is plastic which kinda surprised me seeing as all of AP’s lit shows it being brass.
- Passenger side hose clamp at the turbo was smaller than it should be and was a royal pain in the ass to install with the clamp needing to be all the way out to the edge while as far open as possible without being off the hose.
- Passenger side pipe into the heat shield puts the filter less than a 1/4” from heat shield mounting screw. May not be a problem but damn it’s really close.
- Passenger side pipe, where the filter attaches, is going to have to be modified to keep the filter from slipping off once clamped down. This is extremely frustrating because the way the pipe and shield come together you don’t have much room to slide the filter back over the pipe. Three times the filter slipped off while tightening the clamp down. The clamp keeps walking towards the end of the pipe as you tighten it. I’ll need to check this regularly until I can pull the pipe back out and rough up the end to give the filter some friction points.
I mean yay I’ve got intakes and they sound great. But honestly disappointed with the overall quality of the kit. I feel like the entire kit was done as “close enough” and boxed to ship. Most of the reviews and comments I’d seen about this AP kit were positive, and it wasn’t until after I installed it that I saw a comment on AP’s site echoing some of my complaints.
So yeah, this is my opinion. Not sure if others have had the same issue and I missed those, or if I got a “Friday” kit.
Thank you very much for your review. I was dead at on AP CAI but they are a few hundred more expensive than many others. Makes the decision easy now. AEM.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums