3.3T Intake comparisons

Riouxgrande

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Injen intake SHOULD be here tomorrow. Heading out of town for the 4th tomorrow after work so may not install it if we end up taking the girlfriends car. Not sure I want our golden retriever chillin in the backseat of mine yet lol...but if I do then should get it in tomorrow.

hi_im_pancake

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Injen intake SHOULD be here tomorrow. Heading out of town for the 4th tomorrow after work so may not install it if we end up taking the girlfriends car. Not sure I want our golden retriever chillin in the backseat of mine yet lol...but if I do then should get it in tomorrow.

What are you doing for actual filters? Did Injen come up with a new shorter filter or did you order the Spectre 9131 filters?

Riouxgrande

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What are you doing for actual filters? Did Injen come up with a new shorter filter or did you order the Spectre 9131 filters?

Gonna check out the fitment with the injens before I decide, there are some spectre filters at my local autozone that appear similar to the ones you got (if not the same). I got the offer for test fitting at injens facility in CA but that doesn't work for me being in SC. Would need one of our cali members to make that happen lol. Any special tips or tricks you can recall for the install? I watched a video and the guy struggled in a few areas and banged his hands up pretty bad tugging at some of the hoses in the tight spaces but otherwise seemed pretty straight forward.

hi_im_pancake

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Gonna check out the fitment with the injens before I decide, there are some spectre filters at my local autozone that appear similar to the ones you got (if not the same). I got the offer for test fitting at injens facility in CA but that doesn't work for me being in SC. Would need one of our cali members to make that happen lol. Any special tips or tricks you can recall for the install? I watched a video and the guy struggled in a few areas and banged his hands up pretty bad tugging at some of the hoses in the tight spaces but otherwise seemed pretty straight forward.

Removal was pretty easy and install is fairly straight forward. The driver side pipe was a little bit of a pain because the hoses supplied with the Injen kit weren’t quite correct. I ordered a new hose from the dealer for #1 in the pic and modified it to fit. Then I trimmed the hose for #2 using one of the Injen supplied hoses so it was shorter and more manageable.
Look into picking up both of those hoses from the dealer to have just in case, they aren’t expensive and it’s a good idea to have back-ups in case you accidentally trim a hose too much.

Attachments

• 6EB68BF1-C1BB-4A72-9CAB-DA74E19DE8E9.jpeg
    6EB68BF1-C1BB-4A72-9CAB-DA74E19DE8E9.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 36

rweld

Registered Member
Hey Maxsilver,

Just been reading this thread since I'm considering purchasing the K&N intake, but is it true you have to remove it in order to have the car serviced at the dealership?

I'll be trying out this setup today as well after removing my intake for a trip to the dealership for service yesterday. I was curious as to how close the Spectre heatshields would come to fitting in this configuration, and it's not even close. I would have to trim a very large portion of the shield to fit it under the strut bars.

View attachment 21516

hi_im_pancake

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey Maxsilver,

Just been reading this thread since I'm considering purchasing the K&N intake, but is it true you have to remove it in order to have the car serviced at the dealership?

Are you in the US or Canada? US absolutely no you do not have to remove and reinstall the factory intake for a dealer service. Canada apparently is a different story from what I’ve been told. But I don’t know how strict that rule is up north.

rweld

Registered Member
Are you in the US or Canada? US absolutely no you do not have to remove and reinstall the factory intake for a dealer service. Canada apparently is a different story from what I’ve been told. But I don’t know how strict that rule is up north

I'm in the U.S.

But ok that's great. I was going to say!

hi_im_pancake

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm in the U.S.

But ok that's great. I was going to say!

If you’ve gone through this thread you’ve seen pics of the Injen intake set-up I have. Only thing the dealer has said to me is, “You should probably clean your air filters as they’ve been collecting grit from construction zones. We’ll replace the cabin air filter but we can’t do anything with the aftermarket intake filters.”

Also, in the US dealers can not deny warranty over aftermarket parts being installed unless it can be proven that the aftermarket part was the cause of the failure. Some states like California are more strict about aftermarket parts that can fail a vehicle for the visual inspection portion of an emissions test, but K&N is usually really good about their product being “50 State Legal”.

rweld

Registered Member
If you’ve gone through this thread you’ve seen pics of the Injen intake set-up I have. Only thing the dealer has said to me is, “You should probably clean your air filters as they’ve been collecting grit from construction zones. We’ll replace the cabin air filter but we can’t do anything with the aftermarket intake filters.”

Also, in the US dealers can not deny warranty over aftermarket parts being installed unless it can be proven that the aftermarket part was the cause of the failure. Some states like California are more strict about aftermarket parts that can fail a vehicle for the visual inspection portion of an emissions test, but K&N is usually really good about their product being “50 State Legal”.

Great. Thanks for the info!
I have to go through this thread again before I make a decision. There's a lot of helpful info here. Will let you know what I go with if I decide to do so.
Was thinking this one so far...
Kia Stinger 3.3T - K&N Typhoon Performance Intake System

CaliG70

Registered Member
Menifee, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Injen will be selling a G70 specific kit in 3-4 weeks. You can most definitely feel more power! I’ll post pictures and dyno video soon. Should be getting a discount code for the forum once available 😉

Riouxgrande

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Injen will be selling a G70 specific kit in 3-4 weeks. You can most definitely feel more power! I’ll post pictures and dyno video soon. Should be getting a discount code for the forum once available 😉

FML!

I wonder if I can send mine back to the K8 store and get the G70 one lol

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any heat sheilds added for our car. I contacted them over a year ago and they said if there was much interest they would develope for our car.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Menifee, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Any heat sheilds added for our car. I contacted them over a year ago and they said if there was much interest they would develope for our car.
Unfortunately, like the Stinger, there are no heat shields.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums