3.3T Intake comparisons

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wondering if I should pull the trigger on stinger injen... no update on g70 injen CAI it seems like :(

Take a look at Burger Motorsport CAIs - they are pretty simple to install and great quality with a heat shield. Full disclosure the strut brace does touch the filter when putting it back on but I may have not adjusted something properly.

tempImagewQjbzk.jpg

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
"heat shield", sure, made of metal with cutouts in them, not exactly cold, is it now?
And the intake tube is metal, which will soak up the heat and go through the intake, everything you don't want from a "CAI"

Better than no heat shield and what material are the injens made of? Looks like metal to me also the air has a lot further to run in those pipes which gives it more time to heat up no?
:)

Andr3Stacks

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Better than no heat shield and what material are the injens made of? Looks like metal to me also the air has a lot further to run in those pipes which gives it more time to heat up no?
:)
Injen is metal too. I was going to heat wrap the pipes and shield anyways like I did with my previous one.
Can't get the BMS one though :( I have a 2.0. It does look very good.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Menifee, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Injen is metal too. I was going to heat wrap the pipes and shield anyways like I did with my previous one.
Can't get the BMS one though :( I have a 2.0. It does look very good.
I don’t know what’s taking so long.
2.0 I would go with the AEM. Looks so freaking good.

ephone1

SUSTAINING MEMBER
West Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a Stinger Injen intake sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. I just ordered extra OEM hoses so I can use them along with the supplied hoses to get it all to fit - and have stock hoses to go back to OEM, if needed. I cross checked the OEM Genesis part numbers for the hoses against the Stinger, and they are same parts. This is what I expected - I suspect if Injen actually ever comes out with a kit for the Genesis, it will just have shorter filters.

Last edited:

ephone1

SUSTAINING MEMBER
West Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I installed the Injen intake yesterday. If I had to do it over, I would go with the the BMS instead for the simplicity of the install. It took me 2 hours install it, and I would expect it would take at least as long to put it back to stock. At least I knew what I was getting into with the hoses. I cut the lower OEM hose and used it - since the one they supplied really doesn't work. That's really what irritates me, considering how much they charge, the hoses are just 20 cent pieces they threw in the box.

There is definitely a noticeable increase in HP, and the blow-off valve wooshing sound are now part of the driving experience. I let me wife & daughter know so they don't thing something is wrong.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have an AEM intake sitting in my basement waiting to be installed. I've been running a homemade custom intake for quite some time, but the AEM has far better heatshields than my custom piece, and I think it will potentially flow a little bit better as well. My car is in for service today, so I mostly returned the car to stock, removing my BMS pedal tuner, JB4 and custom intakes. It was more work than I was willing to put in to remove the Kunstwerk exhaust though so that will remain on the car for service runs.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
on my Infiniti I never took off intakes or exhaust and never had any issues, and I'm not going to so it with my G70 either

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I asked the service advisor that I deal with about Genesis Canada mod friendliness and he told me that they are not very mod friendly, so I decided just to be safe I'd take the mods off before service visits.
oh well, see what happens then, no way I'm taking off intakes and exhaust for every service.

Andr3Stacks

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Why did you regret the KN intake?
It was nothing major. I didn't like the oil filter. Dry filter is just less annoying imo. Heat shield was also meh compared to AEM. Sound was good, otherwise no other complaints. Buddy of mine with a stinger offered to buy it after about a month so win win.

Now I'm trying to replicate the AEM one to save some $. Will post here. I should be getting the last couple pieces tomorrow.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like "tube style" intakes for their looks and sound and have run them before on some of my previous cars.. I call them "tube style" because unless they get air from outside the engine bay and/or are actually sealed to draw in outside air, they are not cold air. Good companies will tune them using tube length, bends and diameter changes that result in a resonance frequency that produces more power.

...on the other hand the factory airboxes are very good as well. The factory airboxes are also often tuned to produce resonance and because they are sealed they draw in cold from the outside. I removed the front elbows on my factory airbox to reduce the restriction. I don't have access to a dyno or have a tube style intake to compare against but it would be really interesting to see the difference overall.

If anyone know of comparisons not done by the makers of the intake, I'd love to see them.

Andr3Stacks

Registered Member
Atlanta, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Finally got around to installing AEM intake for Stinger with OEM hose. I'm still missing 1 part, the logo plate, that I'm supposed to go grab in December. I got all the AEM parts for free so I just had to buy the Spectre intake tube and coupler.

Fit is decent. I might go purchase the AEM tube to make it look nicer and fit a bit better (I was quoted $226 for the tube, coupler, etc. so idk tbh)
Also the box rubs a little against the shroud so the lid doesn't fit perfectly on it. Might have to drill some new holes on the lid instead of trying to squeeze it on there.

Sorry for the crappy video. Had to hold both wheel and phone with 1 hand. Hard to tell from the video but sound is noticeable at the very least in person.

Attachments

• 20201124_102525.jpg
    20201124_102525.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20201124_103630.jpg
    20201124_103630.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums