Map Update 14.5 coming soon

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just got an update about 3 months ago. They sent me the replacement SD card. Is there a way to read the GPS version I'm running now? IMO, the update I got was a great improvement over the version that came with my '18 G80. In reading about this update, it says to use my present SD card with no option to receive a new SD card. I'm leery about trying to update my present SD card. What if it's turned to toast? The blurb I read said the update cost $25 which the last one also said, but then it says this update is free for certain newer models. Mine is a '18 G80 Sport.
Free for three years from purchase. If you are withing that time when you get to the billing page just check "bill to GMA" and it is free.

You can check present version on the screen for System Info. Latest is 13.47.44

MrRich4

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You shouldn't have any problems: When you have an hour to do the deed, just plug in the new SD Card and do what the card says. The engine should be running to ensure the battery doesn't get hungry. Save the old SD Card for misc files storage or for next years Nav update if you wish to download it.
It installed without incident and my neighborhood now shows up on the map unlike before.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I just got an update about 3 months ago. They sent me the replacement SD card. Is there a way to read the GPS version I'm running now? IMO, the update I got was a great improvement over the version that came with my '18 G80. In reading about this update, it says to use my present SD card with no option to receive a new SD card. I'm leery about trying to update my present SD card. What if it's turned to toast? The blurb I read said the update cost $25 which the last one also said, but then it says this update is free for certain newer models. Mine is a '18 G80 Sport.
I'm surprised they're charging you anything for the update... so your VIN is registered, and they're charging $25? If you're the first owner it should be free for a 2018. On the final checkout screen even the shipping is free.

But if your option is to download, yes you can overwrite your existing card. Or, better yet, keep the card you're using now and install the download on the original card. Or, just buy a new, high speed 32gb card.

Funny how your profile says you "hasn't posted much yet". But over 700 posts? Tough crowd!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200908-201222_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200908-201222_Chrome.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 5

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Also, a new twist.

On way to work I decided to ask it for super generic info like "Find pharmacies" Find fast food" and then and only then is it presenting a list of stores related to the request. If I ask for a specific store, nothing. Never finds anything.
First of all I don’t know what model you have but here are the choices in my manual. If your manual says differently I’d like to see that.
Here are the only ways you can search:
● ─ Find Address
Searches for the address and sets it as the destination.
To find an address, select the desired state and say the address in order of "House No. → Street
→ City".
e.g.) 4701 (Four Seven Zero One) Tacomic Drive, Sacramento
● ─ Find the Nearest POI
Finds the nearest points of interest to your current location. After this command, you can
find the name of a location following the step-by-step instructions.
● ─ Find the Nearest <POI Category>
Finds the category to your current location. After this command, you can find the name of a
location following the step-by-step instructions.

These are the only 3 options for me (when a destination is not set). Maybe it’s different for your model but none of these seem to match the wording you are using. Can you try all of these three exactly as shown above.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
On my car I press the steering wheel talk button and simply say the name of the business, as in "Walmart" or "Chase Bank". Saying a full address works, too. I think the system works great.

Still need to install 14.0 to 14.5 update.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I know you're asking Alfer, but just yesterday I pressed the button and said "Jamba Juice" and a screen full of them showed up.

I tried your method this morning, meaning just said the name of a local national restaurant, and she constantly said she didn't understand me.

I called MapnSoft and they are elevating my strange issue to tech support to review. He claimed that yes, when I ask to "find (name of store)" it should return all results.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I tried your method this morning, meaning just said the name of a local national restaurant, and she constantly said she didn't understand me.

I called MapnSoft and they are elevating my strange issue to tech support to review. He claimed that yes, when I ask to "find (name of store)" it should return all results.
I get poor results with the steering wheel button but the mirror button is excellent.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I get poor results with the steering wheel button but the mirror button is excellent.
Now that's interesting. I would have thought they used the same system.

Alfer, it sounds like you install is corrupted. Is it even possible to reinstall?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Now that's interesting. I would have thought they used the same system.

Alfer, it sounds like you install is corrupted. Is it even possible to reinstall?
The mirror connect to Google, the wheel uses the internal system. If often does not find the right contacts on first try either and may give a list to choose from

No idea if you can do a reinstall.

At home I have an Amazon Dot. At some point it asked me to say a few words and phrases to recognize my voice better. Genesis needs something like that.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
I stopped buying the Bluelink system so the mirror option won't work.

I believe the map installer they load to the PC now to download the map I think has option to reinstall software to card.

Luckily I have Android Auto and don't rely on Hyundai maps but geez, it would be nice to have it actually work correctly for once. For example, I don't think since the day we got the car, that the voice system has worked right.

Last edited:

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
At home I have an Amazon Dot. At some point it asked me to say a few words and phrases to recognize my voice better. Genesis needs something like that.
Yes, I think my phone had a phrase to speak to learn my Texas dialect. It could make a big difference in how spoken words are decoded. All voice recognition systems should do this.

But it sounds like Alfer's is just busted. May be a bad microphone.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
microphone is fine. When I say "Find Best Buy", the screen then shows "Finding Best Buy" and then she can't find from that point.

Don88

♪If You're Ready (Come Go With Me)♫ Staple Singers
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
microphone is fine. When I say "Find Best Buy", the screen then shows "Finding Best Buy" and then she can't find from that point.
What button are you using to ask for destinations? The button that works very well for me is the one located on the rear view mirror, second from the left. Give is a city, i.e. LaCenter (used it an hour ago and worked well) or and address, 1234 NE 35th Ave or Home Depot; all work well. The button on the steering wheel seems to be dedicated to the phone...????

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
I'll try mirror tonight to test it. Steering wheel button is connected to the Hyundai voice recognition system as long as y phone is not connected to USB. I only plug phone in for AA.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Is everyone above using 14.5 maps?

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Is the installation/copy program (to the USB) really slow for anyone else? The whole process has been going on for at least 35 minutes, and that's with a 1Gigabit connection and plugged into a USB 3.0 plug.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
It took a long time for me to get my data moved to the SD card on my PC.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
I'll try mirror tonight to test it. Steering wheel button is connected to the Hyundai voice recognition system as long as y phone is not connected to USB. I only plug phone in for AA.

FYI. The mirror buttons are for BlueLink paid service only. I have to use the steering wheel voice button to activate the voice commands.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums