Map Update 14.5 coming soon

rroyce46

Hasn't posted much yet...
Calgary Canada
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Just asked "Find Home". Navi found Home Depot & said these wasn't one for 60 kilometers.
We have one less than 3 kilometers.
Really totally useless voice recognition.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
I tried the "Go to" command and 3 times she replied with "I can't understand you". Idiotic system.

Still haven't heard back from MapnSoft tech yet, but I did send them all the data they asked for.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Since we seemed doomed to repeat the same action and report that is doesn’t work let me recommend again the following instructions and let us know if anything below works

Just asked "Find Home". Navi found Home Depot & said these wasn't one for 60 kilometers.
Right ””Find home“ does not work. For my system (I know different model) the correct command is “Go Home” assuming you have Home set

I tried the "Go to" command and 3 times she replied with "I can't understand you". Idiotic system.
Right “Go to” does not work. For my system the correct command is “Find Home Depot“ or whatever business you want to find.

Do any of these commands that work fine for me work for you? Worth a try.

rroyce46

Calgary Canada
Genesis Model Type
Said "Find Home "-displayed Home Depot & said there were none. We have one less than 2 KMs away.
Tried again" Find Home" Displayed WALMART & said these were none within 60 Kilometers & we have one 2 Kms away.
Did these commands just now outside my Garage with the car running.
SHE IS AN IDIOT!

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Yup- many years both the Walmart & The Home Depot.
So when you view it on the car’s map, is it there?

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Since we seemed doomed to repeat the same action and report that is doesn’t work let me recommend again the following instructions and let us know if anything below works

Right ””Find home“ does not work. For my system (I know different model) the correct command is “Go Home” assuming you have Home set

Right “Go to” does not work. For my system the correct command is “Find Home Depot“ or whatever business you want to find.

Do any of these commands that work fine for me work for you? Worth a try.

As I noted earlier, I've tried "Find _____" numerous times and it never works with my 14.5 update. That prompted me to contact MapnSoft tech support. I tried "Go to" just because someone here said they had luck using that command. Didn't work for me.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
As I noted earlier, I've tried "Find _____" numerous times and it never works with my 14.5 update. That prompted me to contact MapnSoft tech support. I tried "Go to" just because someone here said they had luck using that command. Didn't work for me.
Sounds like you have covered all bases. So did it ever work before the update?
Sorry if you have to rehash this, just trying to get the whole picture.

rroyce46

Calgary Canada
Genesis Model Type
My voice recognition never worked for the past 2 years & 8 months before the update on my 2016 touch screen version.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Sounds like you have covered all bases. So did it ever work before the update?
Sorry if you have to rehash this, just trying to get the whole picture.

It did technically "find" locations I asked it (vs. just saying No locations found), but a majority of the time if I asked it to find a certain location, it would misunderstand the name I asked it to find. Meaning if I ask it to find Kohl's it would show results for totally different named locations. For example if I asked to find Kohl's, it would spit back "Here are local bowling alleys" etc.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It did technically "find" locations I asked it (vs. just saying No locations found), but a majority of the time if I asked it to find a certain location, it would misunderstand the name I asked it to find. Meaning if I ask it to find Kohl's it would show results for totally different named locations. For example if I asked to find Kohl's, it would spit back "Here are local bowling alleys" etc.
I think others have found it works on I think your same model. so I have to think yous is a hardware problem. Up to you but I don’t think tech support is going to help. Have you tried the dealer?

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
I doubt tech will offer up much help, but worth a shot. Not taking to dealer since warranty is long over for radio stuff. Again, I utilize AA much more, but sure would have been nice to have the Hyundai system work as advertised as a back up.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I doubt tech will offer up much help, but worth a shot. Not taking to dealer since warranty is long over for radio stuff. Again, I utilize AA much more, but sure would have been nice to have the Hyundai system work as advertised as a back up.
I agree, I know what you mean. Does it understand any non-navigation instuructions?

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Not related to Genesis but true story... On my Acura TL, if you use voice command and say to find nearest blowj*b, it will search for the closest hotels. I found out about this a long time ago from some YouTube video.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I did a test of the voice recognition on my base model 2019 G80 and recorded it on a YouTube video. I just said simple names of places for navigation. Honestly, it wasn't rehearsed, and results were 100% correct. I know I can also say an address like "3412 Preston Road" and it will find it. I didn't try phone calls, but if there's anything I should test, let me know. In each case, I could have selected any of the results and it would have navigated me there - that has always worked. Here's the video:

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
Good info. Thanks!

I just got an email from MapnSoft tech support saying they are still looking into my issue. They also asked for the name and number of the local Hyundai shop I use for service. Sounds like I may be dropping of car for some kind of service. Might be good timing since I'm almost due for oil and tire rotation. :)

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums