My 2020 G70 Delivered Yesterday

nezro

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Good to see them working on solutions for the carbon issues. I'm guessing these are still only on KDM models?

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which generation of IS do you have? My current 1st gen IS300 is still running well (burning oil a bit though, but hey, for a 16 year old car, not unexpected), won't say more since I do not want to jinx anything :D. My mechanic told me that do not touch the 2nd gen IS because of various issues (I almost bought one before picking up my current 1st gen used). 3rd gen (current gen) IS are fine, however, I read somewhere that stay away from the 3.5L version (don't remember the reason).
I still have the IS -- it is a 2008 and has 40,000 miles on it. My son is now driving it. Engine runs well--replaced hoses and belts a few years ago. It does not have an oil issue but it did have an issue with its airbags. I also owned several ESs--but have sold each of those. The ESs had the battery issue and other issues. I still like the IS, but will not go back to the local Lexus dealer due to multiple issues over the years.

FullMoonWolfie

GTA
I still like the IS, but will not go back to the local Lexus dealer due to multiple issues over the years.
I am lucky enough to find a trusted local mechanic used to work at Lexus. I have my car serviced by him or his staff since I bought the IS300 used in 2007.

You only have 40,000 miles on it? Wow, that will run for another 20 years with no issues!

Anyway, I should stop posting my old car in this new car thread. It has been derailed long enough! :whistle:

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^
I plan to keep the IS for a while and I do not let Lexus dealer work on it--so, all is now good. :)

battalla1

2015 Genesis ultimate 3.8 rwd White.. jog dial
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
After waiting a month, my Black 2020 G70 3.3T was delivered yesterday.
This isn't my first new car but I can tell you I was never more impressed after getting the keys for the first time.

It looked better than I thought, the fit an finish is impressive.
From being delivered in a glass box, to the Sales agent walking me through all the car can do and setting up the important bits, the after sales experience is second to none.

The short drives I've taken so far show just how much of a driver's car this is.

Just wanted to say now I know what all of you are talking about.
Really, no pictures? Lol

Ruissimo

Registered Member
Staff member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
SHARP! Congrats!

Genesis Newbie

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To all Genesis G70 owners: I have a question. I took possession of my Dynamic 3.3 AWD, majorca blue G70 on June 26 and so far loving it. My prior car was a Cadillac ATS turbo. Not only is this an upgrade in drive and performance, the technology in 4 years blows me away. The combination of adaptive cruise; auto high beams; rain sensor wipers and MOST particularly the lane correction is like moving from the dark ages to the digital age. My question: is there anyway to disable the "put your hands back on the wheel" while enjoying lane assist. The 20 seconds or so makes me thirst for more auto drive. Is this even possible?? I welcome the Forum's response.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To all Genesis G70 owners: I have a question. I took possession of my Dynamic 3.3 AWD, majorca blue G70 on June 26 and so far loving it. My prior car was a Cadillac ATS turbo. Not only is this an upgrade in drive and performance, the technology in 4 years blows me away. The combination of adaptive cruise; auto high beams; rain sensor wipers and MOST particularly the lane correction is like moving from the dark ages to the digital age. My question: is there anyway to disable the "put your hands back on the wheel" while enjoying lane assist. The 20 seconds or so makes me thirst for more auto drive. Is this even possible?? I welcome the Forum's response.
If you're lucky, it will give you a few mins before warning you. I haven't exactly figured out what the ideal conditions are but I have gone 6.5km handsfree. Other times I can only go 20 secs.

Genesis Newbie

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
6.5 km is remarkable! Mine seems consistent in its warning after 20 sec. I wish there was a way to disarm the warning requiring hands on wheel and allow longer cruise without hands. I am sure there must be some safety restrictions that do not permit "super cruise" as they currently have for Cadillac CTS6.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
6.5 km is remarkable! Mine seems consistent in its warning after 20 sec. I wish there was a way to disarm the warning requiring hands on wheel and allow longer cruise without hands. I am sure there must be some safety restrictions that do not permit "super cruise" as they currently have for Cadillac CTS6.
Yeah my next best was about 4.9km.
Here's the situations where I know affects it:
Glaring sunlight
Opposing traffic
Rain
Going uphill or crests in the road

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is a safety issue, so no it’s not possible. The system isn’t not infallible so it wants your hands ready to go in case you need to save your ass. All lane keep systems have this requirement, with differences in the time between prompts and how sensitive it is to your hands being on the wheel

jaymatt

Registered Member
New Jersey
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah my next best was about 4.9km.
Here's the situations where I know affects it:
Glaring sunlight
Opposing traffic
Rain
Going uphill or crests in the road
I've gone 6 minutes or so driving at 80 mph on the highway before I was prompted to place my hands on the steering, which converts to a hair under 8 miles. After that initial warning, however, I was lucky if I hit the minute mark before the prompt re-appeared.

Genesis Newbie

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for all of your replies - clearly you are getting a lot of time hands-free: 6 minutes for jaymatt; 4.9 km for NLJ; WOW! I get no more than 20 seconds ever............I was driving from Montreal to Burlington Vt on great roads (on the American side) in perfect weather and for the most part straight highway.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The KDM car has HDA (Highway Driving Assistance) which lets you drive handsfree for long periods of time at highway speeds. I've been trying to find if I can enable it in the Engineering Mode but I can't find it unless it is one of the Korean menus.
The new Telluride comes with HDA. The Palisade probably as well!