Packages

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm between Havana Red and Mallorca Blue for colors. Likewise, I'm between Prestige and Sport. I'm in cold weather area so the tire dilemma is my biggest point of contention. Right now I'm leaning to MB 3.3T Prestige.
I was between the same color. Ended up the Havana Red. It is an Elite 2.0T. I believe the Prestige and Sport both come with the PS4. I have heard that 255 is a bit too wide in the snow, where it floats up above the snow.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What was the determining factor for you in deciding between Prestige and Sport?
The wheels and the light interior. I live in South Florida and the temperatures here are very high almost all year, black interior is too hot. Having no snow I got the RWD with the 10 spoke rims that come with it. IMO they are way more appealing than the 5 spoke.

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The wheels and the light interior. I live in South Florida and the temperatures here are very high almost all year, black interior is too hot. Having no snow I got the RWD with the 10 spoke rims that come with it. IMO they are way more appealing than the 5 spoke.

Yep leaning to Prestige based upon similar feelings. Now it may be between Havana and Mallorca!

immo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hello, first post!

I'm trying to decide between the nurberg green and the himalayan grey, black interior for both just because I know from experience with other light coloured interiors that they tend to get dirty really fast.

I'm thinking 2.0T Prestige, just because the engine is not a huge thing for me, I'm not racing anyone, just need to pass slow people relatively well. The 360 camera, and the interior is what I'm mainly set on. I just want a nice ride with a comfortable interior.

The only thing I'm kinda hesitating on right now are the wheels. i know they're staggered, and I'm worried about how much I'll spend on wheels in the future, wondering if I can get Genesis to just get me the same tires... I just want to rotate my tires :(

I'm in Toronto so with the snow right now... and then the summer heats... I don't want to be buying new tires all the time.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello, first post!

I'm trying to decide between the nurberg green and the himalayan grey, black interior for both just because I know from experience with other light coloured interiors that they tend to get dirty really fast.

I'm thinking 2.0T Prestige, just because the engine is not a huge thing for me, I'm not racing anyone, just need to pass slow people relatively well. The 360 camera, and the interior is what I'm mainly set on. I just want a nice ride with a comfortable interior.

The only thing I'm kinda hesitating on right now are the wheels. i know they're staggered, and I'm worried about how much I'll spend on wheels in the future, wondering if I can get Genesis to just get me the same tires... I just want to rotate my tires :(

I'm in Toronto so with the snow right now... and then the summer heats... I don't want to be buying new tires all the time.
If you are thinking of the Himalayan Grey, then the Nürburg Green is right up your alley. Looks grey from afar unless it is in sunlight. It is only obviously green up close otherwise.
I have the brown interior and no dirt on it. Wipes off easy as well. Caramel Brown interior gives you the black headliner. Otherwise the headliner is lighter.

immo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
If you are thinking of the Himalayan Grey, then the Nürburg Green is right up your alley. Looks grey from afar unless it is in sunlight. It is only obviously green up close otherwise.
I have the brown interior and no dirt on it. Wipes off easy as well. Caramel Brown interior gives you the black headliner. Otherwise the headliner is lighter.
I saw it at the auto show recently, I was thinking it would be a deeper green, but it is very subtle... I'm going less for a sporty feel and more a slim, graceful elegance, so blues and reds are off my plate.

Should I get the tires and rims from Genesis when I put my order down, do you think?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I saw it at the auto show recently, I was thinking it would be a deeper green, but it is very subtle... I'm going less for a sporty feel and more a slim, graceful elegance, so blues and reds are off my plate.

Should I get the tires and rims from Genesis when I put my order down, do you think?
Yeah it's not the British Racing Green or Jaguar Green. It is a very classy elegant green.
If you want to stick to Genesis rims, get the G003 Titanium winter rims. Suits the car. 18362

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Really love the look of the dark chrome and MB but since I'm in cold weather area I'm hesitant to get summer tires even though I do plan on getting AWD 3.3T. Anyone else in colder regions running on summer tires and AWD in winter months? Am I crazy to even consider that or should I plan on winter set of tires if opt for Sport?

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Really love the look of the dark chrome and MB but since I'm in cold weather area I'm hesitant to get summer tires even though I do plan on getting AWD 3.3T. Anyone else in colder regions running on summer tires and AWD in winter months? Am I crazy to even consider that or should I plan on winter set of tires if opt for Sport?
Why don't you take a look at this THREAD. I think you'll get some good info there.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thanks for the link. But was also curious if anyone ran with those summer tires in AWD during winter. Curious if I can get away with it without having to change our wheels twice a year.
It would not be good to run Summer tires when it is cold or snowy. Not only may you have compromised traction/control but can ruin the tires faster as the compounds they are made from become brittle. Here is a link from Tire Rack.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyuvEj73m4AIVDqlpCh26nwb5EAAYASAAEgLvRfD_BwE&techid=273&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIyuvEj73m4AIVDqlpCh26nwb5EAAYASAAEgLvRfD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!3756!3!304470776793!b!!g!!&affiliate=HM5

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
If we could get green in the US with the brown interior I would 100% be all about that.

Since that is not the case I’m going with Havana Red. Just not sure the differences between sport and prestige.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks for the link. But was also curious if anyone ran with those summer tires in AWD during winter. Curious if I can get away with it without having to change our wheels twice a year.
Tough you can, you probably should not. Delaware does not get all that much snow and not a lot of hills, but summer tires are just not that good.

In your case, I'd think the perfect tire is a Nokian WRG3. It can be used year round and has a true snow rating. I had them on a couple of cars and really liked them, year round. My suggestion, since winter is nearly over, run what you have for now. In early December, change over to the Nokians. If your tires are still decent, some young and broke teenager will buy them for cheap so it is not a total loss.

Toddasaurus

Registered Member
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Like @EdP stated above, you certainly can but you're increasing your risk - I think it all comes down to if it snows or not. Using a good high performance all-season tire would be the best middle ground without having to change twice a year.

I used my wife's WRX with summer only tires during a snowstorm. That thing was sliding all over the place despite having AWD. IMO, not worth using summer tires when there is snow and/or ice. I think tires have a substantially bigger impact on driving in the snow than a good AWD system.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.