Packages

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Picked the Design Edition. It's unique, only 400 like it will be made. Only way to get the Nurburg Green in the US (yes, I know it's called Black Forest Green in the states). While more maintenance, the light interior really pushed the luxury feel of the car. I did want a Sport, but none were available within a decent distance. While the 19" Sport wheels fill the wells better, future replacement of the all seasons on the 18's will save $$$. The adjustable suspension is unique on the Sport, just truly not required for my everyday driving. I just wish I had the dark chrome. For myself, unless everything was customizable, I'll never have the 100% car I want. Unless I can afford to option out a Porsche 911.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello, first post!

I'm trying to decide between the nurberg green and the himalayan grey, black interior for both just because I know from experience with other light coloured interiors that they tend to get dirty really fast.

I'm thinking 2.0T Prestige, just because the engine is not a huge thing for me, I'm not racing anyone, just need to pass slow people relatively well. The 360 camera, and the interior is what I'm mainly set on. I just want a nice ride with a comfortable interior.

The only thing I'm kinda hesitating on right now are the wheels. i know they're staggered, and I'm worried about how much I'll spend on wheels in the future, wondering if I can get Genesis to just get me the same tires... I just want to rotate my tires :(

I'm in Toronto so with the snow right now... and then the summer heats... I don't want to be buying new tires all the time.
I think the Nurberg Green is a fantastic color, looks pretty the same as the Himalayan Gray in most lights but still something more special about it. I also ordered the brown interior, it is such a wow feature I had to get it.

As for tires, they will cost more but you can research the prices and that should help you with your decision. I did a quick search and found that a decent set of tires are about 1000CAD for the staggered set and then the tires for the 18s is about 800CAD for the set.

You're in Toronto so winters are need when you have the summers. I was thinking about buying them from Genesis but you can save a bit of money getting them yourself. I believe the difference ends up being 300CAD or so but I am not 100% sure but with the Genesis package you get a longer warranty.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
... Really? Have you tried it? How does that ride?
No I have a seperate winter set. With the staggered set, the front tires are already stretched being only 225 on a 8" rims.

immo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You could run a square tire setup but I believe the offsets are different so be weary. The fronts are 19x8 ET35 and the rears are 19x8.5 ET46.5, but I am not 100% sure.
Thanks! Oh, I'm still getting winter tires for sure, but for the months when it's not cold, I also don't want to be buying new tires every year or so. Feels wasteful. For those with their Genesis already, what do the mechanics at genesis try to recommend?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks! Oh, I'm still getting winter tires for sure, but for the months when it's not cold, I also don't want to be buying new tires every year or so. Feels wasteful. For those with their Genesis already, what do the mechanics at genesis try to recommend?
Winter tires last forever as long as you're using them only in winter and not doing burnouts. There is so little friction on them especially in the ice and snow that the thread wears down slower!
I've replaced AS tires sooner than winter tires!

immo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Winter tires last forever as long as you're using them only in winter and not doing burnouts. There is so little friction on them especially in the ice and snow that the thread wears down slower!
I've replaced AS tires sooner than winter tires!
Oh, I'm talking about the staggered summer sets we get with the vehicle. The winter tires I'm definitely buying a set that I can rotate.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry, are you asking what they recommend for the tires?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Oh, I'm talking about the staggered summer sets we get with the vehicle. The winter tires I'm definitely buying a set that I can rotate.
I'm sure the PS4 will melt like butter and probably would need to be swapped out at under 30k km if it even gets that far that is!
But if you drive like a little old lady, maybe you can get it to last longer!

immo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm sure the PS4 will melt like butter and probably would need to be swapped out at under 30k km if it even gets that far that is!
But if you drive like a little old lady, maybe you can get it to last longer!
Ugh, so you're saying the tires that they're giving me is going to just die because I can't extend the life of them by rotating them. So i'll have to buy a set of all-seasons/summers after i burn through the first ones and ALSO a set of winters (which I'm not unhappy about doing, really, I live in Canada and I expect that lol)

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ugh, so you're saying the tires that they're giving me is going to just die because I can't extend the life of them by rotating them. So i'll have to buy a set of all-seasons/summers after i burn through the first ones and ALSO a set of winters (which I'm not unhappy about doing, really, I live in Canada and I expect that lol)
Well they are pretty aggressive. They are very grip so they give up lifespan for that. Would rather have tires that allow me to put all the power down than them lasting an extra 20k KM.

immo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Well they are pretty aggressive. They are very grip so they give up lifespan for that. Would rather have tires that allow me to put all the power down than them lasting an extra 20k KM.
I guess it depends on everyone's needs. I'm looking more for a nice smooth ride that lasts me a while, not so much the power of it I guess. Ah well. I guess a brand new set of all-seasons and also a winter set is what I'll have to look for.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They are performance tires so they are not meant to last. Same with the PS4S and the Cup2. Compared to those 2, the PS4 would probably last a little longer!
In my case, my car barely gets driven in July and August so I may fare better!

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I would really love to be able to get the sport package with all seasons just because I'm lazy and don't want the hassle of changing out wheels twice a year. Because of only getting summer tires with Sport, I'll likely go Prestige which will also affect my color choice (some colors look better with the dark chrome). Oh well.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I would really love to be able to get the sport package with all seasons just because I'm lazy and don't want the hassle of changing out wheels twice a year. Because of only getting summer tires with Sport, I'll likely go Prestige which will also affect my color choice (some colors look better with the dark chrome). Oh well.
I believe the prestige has the summer tires as the sport. I have heard that next years prestige may have all seasons.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.