• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Pics of my G70

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok, tint is an interesting thing... I asked for 35 back and 40-45 front. I got 30 back and 35 front... The place that tinted it said if I didn't like it, I could come back and they will make sure I'm happy. Really seems to depend on the lighting...

View attachment 19146View attachment 19147

Hey, that's a good looking car! ;)

I agree. Lighting/sun position certainly seems to change the way the tint looks. Those rears almost look limo blackout black on the first picture!

Sounds like you've got a good window tinter. The guys I went to we're really good as well, said essentially the same thing. Also gave me a lifetime warranty on their tint. Pretty cool.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What tint levels and what are your tint laws? Looks really nice!
It is 35% all around. In Ontario, the law has changed recently and you can't have any more than 70% at the front but it isn't enforced on the road side, only during the safety, which only happens when you sell/buy.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just finished a quick wash on my car. I was so enamoured by how it looks now that my taillights are *properly* tinted that I just had to share...

This car looks so dang good.

40% tint on side and rear windows. Tails tinted with Lamin-X "tint" color.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What is the cost for the tint on the tails?
Buy the Lamin X universal kit. Two sheets of 12"x32" works for the tails. Do NOT buy the G70 specific cutouts. $67 USD as of right now for both sheets. Perhaps you could ask if they can send you the cutouts for the bottom reflectors, or you could just cut the leftover tint before or after your done with the tails.

Looks like I'll be buying that tint now...Looks great! How hard to install?
Surprisingly not too bad, but my first attempt with the G70 specific cut outs was largely a fail. I decided to try again with the universal sheets after I watched these two videos, in addition to Lamin X's own install videos....

After watching those, for me, I found that using heat and sort of stretching the film for the hard to apply curves to smooth out the wrinkles was the most help. That and spraying more water than what Lamin X recommends. Also, it's okay to peel it back a bit if you make a mistake on a section and then try again. They make it look easy, but it's not too bad once you get a feel for it. Took me 45 minutes for both tails following their examples.

mike373

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
5% tint on the sides and back and 35% tint on the windshield. I like my privacy lol

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
View attachment 19346
5% tint on the sides and back and 35% tint on the windshield. I like my privacy lol
Cops around me don’t care about side tint but running anything visible on the front would get someone pulled over right away...for good reason imo. This doesn’t look safe, and I just feel I gotta say something

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Cops around me don’t care about side tint but running anything visible on the front would get someone pulled over right away...for good reason imo. This doesn’t look safe, and I just feel I gotta say something
Yeah 5% on the sides is still bit much for me but to each their own. But 35% on the windshield is a lot, I have considered windshield tint but I wanted 90% or 70% at low end. I can't imagine driving like this at night

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums