• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Pics of my G70

mike373

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Cops around me don’t care about side tint but running anything visible on the front would get someone pulled over right away...for good reason imo. This doesn’t look safe, and I just feel I gotta say something
They are perfectly safe, dark yes, but not like a blind fold. Police in my town don’t bother me and I only display one plate on top of that.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They are perfectly safe, dark yes, but not like a blind fold. Police in my town don’t bother me and I only display one plate on top of that.
What are the tint laws in your state? I feel like you may have a problem with insurance, but I am not an adjuster

mike373

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interesting, I'd love to see how it feels in person. Tint never seems quite right in a picture
Everyone I know has 25% tint or less. It plays a big role in privacy of items in your car and I like that.

mike373

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What are the tint laws in your state? I feel like you may have a problem with insurance, but I am not an adjuster
I’m a LEO in NJ and myself nor most people I know in law enforcement actually enforce that law because most of the drivers in state have them. No insurance issues as I never had to write in a accident report. When people have their cars broken into I actually suggest they get it tinted.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m a LEO in NJ and myself nor most people I know in law enforcement actually enforce that law because most of the drivers in state have them. No insurance issues as I never had to write in a accident report. When people have their cars broken into I actually suggest they get it tinted.
I see, I know a lot of people have tint but windshield isn't something that is usually tinted

Slowerthanslow

Registered Member
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
One week old tomorrow... Well, make that one week in my care...

Before window tinting...

After window tinting today. Subtle difference but that ceramic film does cut the heat from the sun a lot... I like being able to see and make eye contact with drivers, cyclists and pedestrians so I keep the tint on the lighter side. The front windows here are the legal amount, 70%. Back windows are 50%. (There's no restriction on the back window tinting in California.)

mstr54

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I recently just got my new 3.3T Sport, it was extremely hard to locate this color and options near me but it all worked out eventually. Anyone looking for color options, mine is Himalayan Gray with the red stitch interior in AWD. I also just had Llumar Pinnacle ceramic window tint applied at 35% front, back and rear window.IMG_6921.JPG4DBA8783-2487-49A5-9757-E5673CC4D40B.jpeg

Last edited:

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I recently just got my new 3.3T Sport, it was extremely hard to locate this color and options near me but it all worked out eventually. Anyone looking for color options, mine is Himalayan Gray with the red stitch interior in AWD. I also just had Llumar Pinnacle ceramic window tint applied at 35% front, back and rear window.View attachment 19948View attachment 19951
Damn that's pretty! 😍 😍

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I recently just got my new 3.3T Sport, it was extremely hard to locate this color and options near me but it all worked out eventually. Anyone looking for color options, mine is Himalayan Gray with the red stitch interior in AWD. I also just had Llumar Pinnacle ceramic window tint applied at 35% front, back and rear window.View attachment 19948View attachment 19951
Wow, I have the identical model/color/tint lol Good taste! (y)

(mine is not that clean right now though...)

vicmdv

Registered Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thought I'd share some photos from a bit ago, fresh after a washView attachment 19980
Looks great!
Interesting that this HR looks very different from the photo in the previous post by 'Shannstarr'.
Does the HR really vary so much depending on the sun or it's more of the camera sensor related?
Which photo is closer to the actual color?

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks great!
Interesting that this HR looks very different from the photo in the previous post by 'Shannstarr'.
Does the HR really vary so much depending on the sun or it's more of the camera sensor related?
Which photo is closer to the actual color?
It change a LOT. I would say it is like a chameleon. In the shadow is like the @Shannstarr pictures and in the sun looks like the one from @nsyedhasan

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
did a spring detail a couple weekends ago. 1-stage polish using 3M Finesse with an orbital polisher (first time i've used a machine). followed that up with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant. after my next wash i'll top the sealant with one of the waxes i have, either Chemical guys XXX or Poorboys Natty's blue paste wax.

i did have to use a heavier compound to remove scuffs where i had two small dents, a small amount of paint transfer from the offending vehicle.

all in all i'm impressed with how the machine polish worked. removed almost all of the marring, swirling and random marks in the finish. very slick and clear results.

Attachments

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
One week old tomorrow... Well, make that one week in my care...
View attachment 19652

View attachment 19653

Before window tinting...

View attachment 19654

After window tinting today. Subtle difference but that ceramic film does cut the heat from the sun a lot... I like being able to see and make eye contact with drivers, cyclists and pedestrians so I keep the tint on the lighter side. The front windows here are the legal amount, 70%. Back windows are 50%. (There's no restriction on the back window tinting in California.)

View attachment 19655
I like the tint percentage, looks good!

COToad

Finally a G70 owner!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Castle Rock, CO
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Picked mine up yesterday in Michigan and just finished an 1100 mile drive back home since they still have no inventory here in Colorado. :mad: 3.3T AWD Prestige, Adriatic/Grey.

It was a great way to get familiar with the car and especially the cruise control, LOL

Now all that is left is getting my hands on a set of the 19" Prestige rims.

I might be the only Colorado G70 owner on the forum.