Smart Trunk opening in the night

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My understanding is you can't be charged for public drunkenness on your own private property.
Is there a law for private drunkenness on private property in your state? If so you do you live in CA ;)

As long as your not wearing a negligee and high heals have bottle of JD in one hand and a gun in the other you're probably ok.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My understanding is you can't be charged for public drunkenness on your own private property.
Is there a law for private drunkenness on private property in your state? If so you do you live in CA ;)

As long as your not wearing a negligee and high heals have bottle of JD in one hand and a gun in the other you're probably ok.
yeah I live in CA, we have block parties all the time, never had an issue with drinking out front as long as we don't step off our property onto the public roadway

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
It's like 31 degrees out!
31° isn't cold. not below zero yet, I used to drive my convertible Camaro with the top down, down to 30°, only reason I stopped there is because the computer wouldn't allow the top to go down if it was colder than that.

31°, that's t-shirt and shorts weather.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
@EdP Looks like @onmark has determined a workaround for the issue and "thrown in the towel" on resolving the issue. We may never have definitive proof on the root cause of the issue.

Do you want to call our bet null/void or "let it ride"/continue?
I'm amenable to either.
Yeah, looks like onmark took all the fun out of his problem. Lets call it void pending any new developments.

Coot

Minnesota
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
guess it's a difference in neighborhoods. I've "hung out" in my driveway, on my porch, and in my garage at night without being hassled by the police.

if it were me, I wouldn't be alone, I would likely be listening to a radio of some kind or watching a mini-tv and probably have a fire pit going, it's not like I would be slinking around in a black hoodie looking as if I was stalking someone..

Coot

Minnesota
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
My 2019 G80 Sport, With Keys Hanging on Door inside House, I have come out to garage & Three Times The Trunk Was Open, Gas Tank Lid Was Open & Hood Was Popped,

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
My 2019 G80 Sport, With Keys Hanging on Door inside House, I have come out to garage & Three Times The Trunk Was Open, Gas Tank Lid Was Open & Hood Was Popped,
I don’t see how your keys or any RF signal could have anything to do with the hood or the gas lid. Sounds like an electrical short.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Now that is strange. I can understand the trunk from an electronic pulse/signal of some sort as it is made to operate from the fob. The gas cap, not RF activated, but an electric pulse could still open it. Hood though, AFAIK is pure mechanical.

One time, easy to blame the local delinquents. Three times, difficult to fathom.

G-732912

Today Coming Home While Vehicle In Motion, Trunk Popped As Well As Gas Cover Lid, Popped Open! Scarry If I had Trunk Full Of Things Could Have Fell Out & Caused A Wreck, Of course Should I Take It In For Diagnosis, it Won't happen.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Today Coming Home While Vehicle In Motion, Trunk Popped As Well As Gas Cover Lid, Popped Open! Scarry If I had Trunk Full Of Things Could Have Fell Out & Caused A Wreck, Of course Should I Take It In For Diagnosis, it Won't happen.
I find that odd, because the trunk on my G80 will not open if the vehicle is in motion, even 1 mph, I have tried, pulling into my kids school and up to the drop off area I will reach for the button before coming to a complete stop and it will not pop open, even if I am creeping along at idle. as soon as I come to a complete stop it pops open. Never before.

sounds like you have a ground short at the control panel (button panel).

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.