Special ordering G70

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@cmcdavis - Just like TurtleBoy and SeekingGen, said, I was attempting to order a specific trim from my local dealer as well. I was in the same boat as you, and they were unable to locate a car on the Western half of the US. They also told me my specific car was not at the port on the west coast either. After talking to their Genesis rep, they didn't have any real info as to give me an ETA for my car. When will the US receive any more shipments? No idea. Would they actually build my car and put it in the shipment specifically for me? No clue.

After some help from forum members here, (specifically TurtleBoy found it) I just made a deal with Genesis of Troy, MI for my car.

Now I'm dealing with the hassle of having it shipped... I'll write a thread on it, because this has been stressfull. Would be much better off driving it home if I had the time, and if roads weren't sketchy (due to weather) between OR and WI.

Either way, good luck with it! I'm thinking that since you have a March deadline, getting the car directly from AZ might just be the best way to go! Keep us up to date on what happens!

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@cmcdavis - Just like TurtleBoy and SeekingGen, said, I was attempting to order a specific trim from my local dealer as well. I was in the same boat as you, and they were unable to locate a car on the Western half of the US. They also told me my specific car was not at the port on the west coast either. After talking to their Genesis rep, they didn't have any real info as to give me an ETA for my car. When will the US receive any more shipments? No idea. Would they actually build my car and put it in the shipment specifically for me? No clue.

After some help from forum members here, (specifically TurtleBoy found it) I just made a deal with Genesis of Troy, MI for my car.

Now I'm dealing with the hassle of having it shipped... I'll write a thread on it, because this has been stressfull. Would be much better off driving it home if I had the time, and if roads weren't sketchy (due to weather) between OR and WI.

Either way, good luck with it! I'm thinking that since you have a March deadline, getting the car directly from AZ might just be the best way to go! Keep us up to date on what happens!
Please keep me updated on how it all goes. I'm still waiting on a call back from the dealer. I have a feeling he is just now discovering that he isn't able to fulfill my order and is frantically looking for a way to break it to me. I will call him back shortly and let him off the hook. Lol! I'm not completely against flying out and driving the car back from AZ. We made that round trip, cross country drive this summer when we moved my daughter to Los Angeles. Can't say I want to do round trip again anytime soon but one way wouldn't be that bad and we do have spring break coming up in another month. How did the sale work for you? Did you deal with the dealership the car was coming from or make the purchase and arrangements through your local dealership?

Satchman

Chicagoland
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has anyone in the US custom ordered the G70? If so how long did it take you to receive it?
I placed a request for a specific configuration (3.3 AWD Sport Silver w/ Grey) with my local dealer on December 21. It arrived at the dealer on February 1. So that was 6 weeks.

The dealer had G70 inventory since early October. So i reckon i "ordered" while he had his 3rd allotment. A week or two after my request, the dealer got another allotment, but without my requested car. I was probably too late to get into the January allotment, but i caught the one for February (i.e. likely the dealer's 5th). The dealers have some sort of points system that may influence how many and what cars they get allotted. (As i understand it.)

My desired car was listed on CarGurus, for my dealer, starting in early January. It was a "long" 3 or 4 weeks waiting after that tease. :) If you keep an eye on you dealer's inventory, you might see "yours". (Note: mine did not appear in Genesis official inventory until a week or so before arrival.)

FWIW, my car's VIN ends in 20210. I don't know if the number sequence is relevant to when manufactured, but the nameplate on the car shows "Aug/16/18".

Good luck!

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
FWIW, my car's VIN ends in 20210. I don't know if the number sequence is relevant to when manufactured, but the nameplate on the car shows "Aug/16/18".
That is the latest we have seen so far, thanks for posting that info. (y)

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The dealer got back to me and said that the Genesis rep confirmed to him that my order had been received but he did not have a build ID yet but was looking into it. So still holding out hope that my request can be filled. 🤞🏾

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I placed a request for a specific configuration (3.3 AWD Sport Silver w/ Grey) with my local dealer on December 21. It arrived at the dealer on February 1. So that was 6 weeks.

The dealer had G70 inventory since early October. So i reckon i "ordered" while he had his 3rd allotment. A week or two after my request, the dealer got another allotment, but without my requested car. I was probably too late to get into the January allotment, but i caught the one for February (i.e. likely the dealer's 5th). The dealers have some sort of points system that may influence how many and what cars they get allotted. (As i understand it.)

My desired car was listed on CarGurus, for my dealer, starting in early January. It was a "long" 3 or 4 weeks waiting after that tease. :) If you keep an eye on you dealer's inventory, you might see "yours". (Note: mine did not appear in Genesis official inventory until a week or so before arrival.)

Good luck!
Thanks for this info! I'm still holding out hope!

Toddasaurus

Robots, lasers, dinosaurs.
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
G

good to know. Thanks I was getting nervous reading a lot of this thread

Would be a good idea to get a confirmation of your order from the dealer. Their Genesis rep can find out if the specific car you want is available and if the order went through.

My dealership found out that my car wasn't available within about 1 week.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The dealer got back to me and said that the Genesis rep confirmed to him that my order had been received but he did not have a build ID yet but was looking into it. So still holding out hope that my request can be filled. 🤞🏾
Does this mean they are still looking at cars that are currently in port to see if there is an existing car here that can fulfill the order?
I'm still waiting to hear back from the local dealer as well.

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Does this mean they are still looking at cars that are currently in port to see if there is an existing car here that can fulfill the order?
I'm still waiting to hear back from the local dealer as well.
From everything we have seen so far, they should be able to determine within a week or so if the specific configuration is available at the port. Once that has been confirmed, then it may take a month or so to get the car into the dealer's allocation depending on where where it is located, dealer points, etc.

I would say if a potential buyer does not receive confirmation within two weeks that the car is available and will be in a future allocation, they should move on to another dealer or make other plans.

G-397517

so i was confirmed my vehicle is arriving on april 6th or sooner. i ordered my vehicle on the 11th of this month. I dont think the wait was bad at all.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.