Special ordering G70

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just go

Just got a text that it arrived at the dealership today and they are working on the inspection now! I am hopeful that I can pick it up this afternoon or tomorrow. Thanks for the birthday wishes!
That is awesome! Hope all goes well. I am still waiting--and I think ordered a day or two before you, but was interested in how your timing had gone/was going.
Happy for the Good News!

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That is awesome! Hope all goes well. I am still waiting--and I think ordered a day or two before you, but was interested in how your timing had gone/was going.
Happy for the Good News!
Just like someone else said on here we went weeks without hearing anything and then suddenly had a delivery date. It snowed here this week and I think that was the reason for the delivery delay. Now I'm just anxiously awaiting the call that it is ready for me to come pick up! Hopefully you will hear something soon. Good luck!

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Was told by my local dealer (New Castle DE) that they can't do special orders which I found really odd. Anyone else experience that from a dealer?

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Was told by my local dealer (New Castle DE) that they can't do special orders which I found really odd. Anyone else experience that from a dealer?

Was going to say what TurtleBoy said above.

To add, I experienced both types of dealers. My closest dealer didn't even give me the time of day when I asked them if they could obtain a specific color/trim for me. Literally, when I asked they said, "oh, well we can't actually do any orders, so what you see is what you get." My next closest dealer worked very hard to get the exact car I wanted, despite not having had sold any of their Genesis inventory yet; they even went to the trouble to check both ports on the west coast and found that my exact car was not even available.

Considering the above, I personally think it would be worth talking to another dealer about ordering a specific car if your primary dealer won't do it.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I may be wrong but special order does not mean built for you and sent from Korea. I think it means find one at the port and get it on allication for you. Picking up mine from New Castle Saturday, after they had trouble locating one from others (which I did not want) finally "ordered" it as a sold allication car.

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I may be wrong but special order does not mean built for you and sent from Korea. I think it means find one at the port and get it on allication for you. Picking up mine from New Castle Saturday, after they had trouble locating one from others (which I did not want) finally "ordered" it as a sold allication car.

Curious what color you ordered and how you plan to handle the summer tires in winter (just change tires or have entirely diff tire/wheel set). How was the sales experience for you at Hertrich?

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Mallorca Blue, well for this year I am rolling with the summer since it is warming up, and in fall will be getting 2nd set of wheels with all season tires 19" 245 40 front 275 35 on rear. I like the stock wheels but want a little beefier tire. As far as sales experience , One Friday evening as soon as Genesis New Castle was announced I called the dealership and asked to speak with a Genesis sales manager. I was connected to the GM of the dealership and have been working directly with him until this week finalizing with another guy not sure if he is sales or manager but think he is Genesis manager. So far experience has been good except 4 weeks ago they located a car and it arrived as a 2.0. Then they got approval to order which is what I wanted in the first place. Almost bought at Freehold NJ but sales people tried to charge me NJ sales tax and I backed out that's when they announced New Castle. Cherry hill is where I took my initial test drive several months ago they seemed ok but would not budge on price. All in all sales associates still not on par, a little better than kia but Ford, toyota, buick and Lincoln way better experience when test driving maybe they will get better (KIA HORRIBLE). Hope this wasn't too much.

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's good to hear, I placed my order about two weeks after yours so I guess I can expect my delivery date two after yours. I am more on the east coast being in Toronto, so maybe a little bit more than two weeks.
Have you heard anything about your car yet?

Chabu

Registered Member
Delaware
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Mallorca Blue, well for this year I am rolling with the summer since it is warming up, and in fall will be getting 2nd set of wheels with all season tires 19" 245 40 front 275 35 on rear. I like the stock wheels but want a little beefier tire. As far as sales experience , One Friday evening as soon as Genesis New Castle was announced I called the dealership and asked to speak with a Genesis sales manager. I was connected to the GM of the dealership and have been working directly with him until this week finalizing with another guy not sure if he is sales or manager but think he is Genesis manager. So far experience has been good except 4 weeks ago they located a car and it arrived as a 2.0. Then they got approval to order which is what I wanted in the first place. Almost bought at Freehold NJ but sales people tried to charge me NJ sales tax and I backed out that's when they announced New Castle. Cherry hill is where I took my initial test drive several months ago they seemed ok but would not budge on price. All in all sales associates still not on par, a little better than kia but Ford, toyota, buick and Lincoln way better experience when test driving maybe they will get better (KIA HORRIBLE). Hope this wasn't too much.
If I may ask, how much of a discount on your Sport? Just drove a 3.3T tonight and they're on the lookout for me.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.