Special ordering G70

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I finally have a car. 😀
So, I ordered January 28--and, it took until April 18.
My local dealer has been terrific. There were a couple of things that happened to make mine perhaps the longest wait (at least I hope this is the longest)--including the wrong car was sent to the dealer (the regional rep entered an incorrect number); a second wrong car was almost sent (corrected at last minute); and a few other things.
But, the car is now here and she is wonderful. So far love it--and the heads up display is nice--had not thought I would care about it; still adjusting to all it can do, and plan to drive a bit over the weekend. :woot:

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congratulations!!! Glad you were finally able to get it. Good luck, be safe and enjoy it.
Thank you! Really looking forward to it. It also amazes me--I think the car looks very nice in pictures, but thus far, no matter how many times I have seen it, when I see it in person I always think the pictures don't quite do it justice. :)

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I finally have a car. 😀
My local dealer has been terrific. There were a couple of things that happened to make mine perhaps the longest wait (at least I hope this is the longest)--including the wrong car was sent to the dealer (the regional rep entered an incorrect number); a second wrong car was almost sent (corrected at last minute); and a few other things.
But, the car is now here and she is wonderful. So far love it--and the heads up display is nice--had not thought I would care about it; still adjusting to all it can do, and plan to drive a bit over the weekend. :woot:
Congratulations and welcome to the club! What color/package did you get?

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I finally have a car. 😀
Congrats! I had the same impression as you about the HUD, I thought it wasn't be as nice as it really is. Enjoy your ride.

cmcdavis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ something to note for you peeps.

See that rear chrome around the rear window? It goes into a “point”.

Most manufacturers use 2 pieces of metal...with the seam at the “point”. Only higher brands use one piece of metal...as it’s more expensive to manufacture.

So even Genesis at their lower price point...go over and beyond...single piece of metal through the bend.

Quality folks...quality. Every aspect of this car is quality. Except the cheesy plastic engine cover (not that it’s plastic)...LOL.

Last edited:

dynot

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Good news! Has arrived at the dealer earlier in the week and should be delivered by next week! Can't wait to get it. By the way it took exactly 9 weeks
Hey there...congrats on your new baby!

I know in Canada the ordering process is different since we order on-line. When I go to the Genesis website the color combo I want is not part of the choices. Did you special order your's and if so did you do it on-line or did you talk to a dealer rep? Did you request a test drive?

Reading some of the posts in this thread has me concerned that I won't be able to see the color in person. I'm curious about the Nuremburg green but don't want to special order it without seeing what it looks like.

Thanks

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey there...congrats on your new baby!

I know in Canada the ordering process is different since we order on-line. When I go to the Genesis website the color combo I want is not part of the choices. Did you special order your's and if so did you do it on-line or did you talk to a dealer rep? Did you request a test drive?

Reading some of the posts in this thread has me concerned that I won't be able to see the color in person. I'm curious about the Nuremburg green but don't want to special order it without seeing what it looks like.

Thanks
Nürburg Green looks more accurate in the actual brochures with it pictured. Videos and online images by owners don't exactly show how accurate the colour is.

dynot

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Nürburg Green looks more accurate in the actual brochures with it pictured. Videos and online images by owners don't exactly show how accurate the colour is.
I've read that the green only shows up in the sunlight otherwise it looks mostly grey. Some images I've seen may it look sort of metalic. I like the HG but grey with a hint of green intrigues me.