Spy shots of 2021 GV70

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks like the Sport will have alcantara seat inserts (which I love) and some "carbon fiber" decor.

1600342830315.png

db2022

Registered Member
Looks like the GV70 is shaping up to be better than the GV80, especially with the fact that they will be offering a sport version unlike the GV80

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks like the Sport will have alcantara seat inserts (which I love) and some "carbon fiber" decor.

Yeah, agree with you 100%. I used to have alcantara on my 2003 Civic SiR and loved them.

3.3 Rulz

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

View attachment 32077

Niiiiiice!

Probably will come out as a 2022 model year, just like the Tucson that just came out, we all thought it was going to be a 2021 and it now is a 2022.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I feel like they purposely messed up the G70 design so that G70 owners would flock to the GV70.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The GV70 camo pics look good. The proportions and Genesis design motifs seem to be executed well, in contrast to weirdly executed design motifs on the G70. The rear roofline seems to slope a pretty good amount. It seems standard for the class, but Genesis would need something more extreme IMO if they wanted to hit the "coupe SUV" silhouette style.

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes, the design language just falls flat when concentrated in the smaller G70....probably why it looks good on he GV80, G90, and G80.

But if nothing else at least the taillights are parallel!

Imp

Registered Member
NE
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Now this has my interest. I was looking at a G70, but then my age started catching up with me this year and I found it getting more difficult stepping UP out of a car. So, I've put off the purchase of the G70, while I've test driven various Alfa Stelvios and Jag FPaces (Will never own a German car). This looks to hit the sweet spot for me between the two. So, next spring, it's going to be one of the three. I'll make it through the rest of the winter in my '17 Subaru and then in the spring when it comes... this could be the one. (3.5 Sport more than likely).

Backslack

Registered Member
Now this has my interest. I was looking at a G70, but then my age started catching up with me this year and I found it getting more difficult stepping UP out of a car. So, I've put off the purchase of the G70, while I've test driven various Alfa Stelvios and Jag FPaces (Will never own a German car). This looks to hit the sweet spot for me between the two. So, next spring, it's going to be one of the three. I'll make it through the rest of the winter in my '17 Subaru and then in the spring when it comes... this could be the one. (3.5 Sport more than likely).
The GV70 is a 2022 model. It won't be released here until summer of next year at the earliest.

Imp

Registered Member
NE
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The GV70 is a 2022 model. It won't be released here until summer of next year at the earliest.
"AcKsUalLy iTs a 2o2tWo!" Does it matter? No. Did I even say what year it was going to be? Also no.

When order books open (spring) I will be placing my order. It's not like I'm going to say "Oh, it's NOT a 2021 but a 2022? FORGET IT!". Or "Oh, it's coming in the Summer and not Spring? FORGET IT!" Learn how to communicate a little better than just correcting people on the internet for what is, at this time, still not at all confirmed. ;)

Point being, WHEN it gets here... I trust Genesis more than Alfa or Jaguar to produce a relatively problem free unit from the get go (or in their cases, been out for years and still have gremlins). And cannot wait. :)

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums