Spy shots of 2021 GV70

Crider

The GV70 is a 2022 model. It won't be released here until summer of next year at the earliest.
I bought a "2020" Telluride off the lot in early April 2019. They were available for order in February as I recall. The timeline on their release was very similar to the GV70. I'd look for these in March or April at the latest. Spouse wants to downsize from her Q7 and the GV70 is our choice I think, or the Refrereshed F-Pace.

Backslack

Registered Member
"AcKsUalLy iTs a 2o2tWo!" Does it matter? No. Did I even say what year it was going to be? Also no.

When order books open (spring) I will be placing my order. It's not like I'm going to say "Oh, it's NOT a 2021 but a 2022? FORGET IT!". Or "Oh, it's coming in the Summer and not Spring? FORGET IT!" Learn how to communicate a little better than just correcting people on the internet for what is, at this time, still not at all confirmed. ;)

Point being, WHEN it gets here... I trust Genesis more than Alfa or Jaguar to produce a relatively problem free unit from the get go (or in their cases, been out for years and still have gremlins). And cannot wait. :)
Your third post on the site and your gut instinct is to have a stroke when being told the facts? lol, good first impression.

The car as it is hasn't even been fully unveiled yet and likely won't be until the end of the year. When it does go on sale, it won't be out until early 2021 at the soonest for Korea. Once it's out in Korea, it'll take around half a year like most other Hyundai/Kia products to hit US shores, so that means it won't come out until summer of 2021 at the earliest.

And yes, to many people, whether it is spring or summer does matter. That's a quarter of a year. Just because you have the luxury of wasting your time doesn't mean others do.

Last edited:

Backslack

Registered Member
I bought a "2020" Telluride off the lot in early April 2019. They were available for order in February as I recall. The timeline on their release was very similar to the GV70. I'd look for these in March or April at the latest. Spouse wants to downsize from her Q7 and the GV70 is our choice I think, or the Refrereshed F-Pace.
The Telluride is an American-exclusive vehicle built in an American factory. It's nothing like the launch of the Genesis products.

I also recall that the Telluride was fully shown way back in like September of 2018, while the GV70 has yet to remove its camo even now in mid-October.

Crider

The Telluride is an American-exclusive vehicle built in an American factory. It's nothing like the launch of the Genesis products.

I also recall that the Telluride was fully shown way back in like September of 2018, while the GV70 has yet to remove its camo even now in mid-October.
Yea good point. The Telluride is built in Georgia. I'm kind of hoping for a order portal to open after the first of the year probably depends on when it is released in Korea.

Backslack

Registered Member
Yea good point. The Telluride is built in Georgia. I'm kind of hoping for a order portal to open after the first of the year probably depends on when it is released in Korea.
Yup. GV80 was launched back in January in Korea and was slated for summer of this year to hit the States, had it not been for COVID.

With COVID not going away anytime soon, I'd expect even more product delays for Genesis down the pipeline, unfortunately.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So...thought I heard Genesis might start building cars in the USA? If true...wonder when and where. They should choose Canada instead.

Imp

Registered Member
NE
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
"... and your gut instinct is to have a stroke when being told the facts?" What facts have been unveiled? Your next line completely contradicts the former.... "The car as it is hasn't even been fully unveiled yet " Not a stroke. Saying "show me the facts." Back up your words.

LOL. This isn't my 1st rodeo on a car forum. Not even my 2nd. I've seen people like yourself spouting guesses as facts and hope they stick so you can come back and say "see I was right!". And you'll never admit they were just guesses should they pan out to be incorrect. "Ohh, so sue me" is the usual answer.

But allow me to allow you to save face. Give me a link to back up your facts that it won't be here to summer, and it will be a 2022 from Genesis, (both, not just one, it's a combined effort). If you can back that up, I'll say I was wrong. And not reports with hypotheticals and car rags. I've seen 2021. I've seen 2022. I've seen spring. I've seen "maybe later". I haven't seen "definitely 2022". I also haven't seen "definitely summer". So, if you have the links...

Your words back in May 2020: "No need to make an argument against a claim that was never stated." So, why are you making an argument against a claim that was never stated? ;) I went through your old posts. You seem to carry yourself with some high esteem, and may not be used to being called on it... this is me, calling you on it. Prove it. I know, not a good 1st introduction. But hey, when pushed, I'm not going to just take some keyboard warriors fingers vomiting on the keyboard as gospel. ;)

Imp. (Active community car forum poster since 1995)

Last edited:

Imp

Registered Member
NE
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
"3rd post on the entire site and you're already calling people "fanboys"- you're really trying your hardest to not leave a positive first impression, aren't you?"

You seem to like to try and disparage new members. I'd suggest not doing that. It's not a good look for the forum.

Backslack

Registered Member
From the official Genesis site:

The camouflaged GV70 will be tested on public roads in Korea for one month, beginning today.

The car literally just started being tested on public roads less than two weeks ago. It has yet to be fully unveiled. It will be months before it's on sale in its home country, nevermind the States. Every new Genesis or Hyundai/Kia model that has been announced in the past few months like the G70 or Stinger refresh or Tucson has been slated for the 2022 model year- this will be no exception.

These are facts whether you like them or not. But given your behavior, I'm sure you'll find some way to ignore these facts and fling more insults.

By the way, the site has plenty of new members. Most don't out themselves as trolls upon entry like you though.

Imp

Registered Member
NE
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
You said "it's a fact" (I can quote it again if you forgot) that it's going to be a 2022 and summer, again, without proof or links from Genesis that it's coming as a 2022 and in summer. Yet, you keep saying "FACTS!" No, those are called guesses based on past data. NOT FACTS.

So again, before you show up on my blocked list, show me the proof that it's going to be a 2022 and summer delivery at the earliest. Your words, not mine.

I haven't called you any kind of name, but you already went there by calling me a troll. Is this how the forum treats new members? All I'm asking you is to show me the links to the facts that it's going to be a 2022 and summer delivery at the earliest. That's not trolling, that's asking you to back up your claims. TROLLING is saying "MY WORDS ARE GOSPEL HOW DARE YOU!"

Any mods around? How do you block someone?

Imp

Registered Member
NE
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Nice deflection attempt. Again, back up your claims that you have put here on the interwebs. Where's the proof that what you are saying are, as you say, "facts"? Last chance.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Supposed to be around a month of testing on public roads in Korea for the GV70, so while a late 2020 KDM launch is possible, wouldn't be surprised if isn't til early 2021.

Either way, the NA launch likely won't be until spring/summer (depending on the KDM launch), but Genesis had previously stated that they wanted overseas launches to be closer to the KDM launch, but that hasn't seemed to be the case yet due to the pandemic and other things.

Regardless, we're talking a first half (maybe early 2nd half) 2021 launch for NA as a 2022MY.

Backslack

Registered Member
Speaking of the Telluride, its Palisade sibling was launched in early December of 2018 in Korea, and didn't start hitting US dealerships until the very tail end of June 2019- and that was with no Corona to delay its schedule.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
More pics, etc...

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Not a fan of the exhaust tips or the wheel design. Meh, another SUV.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
"... and your gut instinct is to have a stroke when being told the facts?" What facts have been unveiled? Your next line completely contradicts the former.... "The car as it is hasn't even been fully unveiled yet " Not a stroke. Saying "show me the facts." Back up your words.

LOL. This isn't my 1st rodeo on a car forum. Not even my 2nd. I've seen people like yourself spouting guesses as facts and hope they stick so you can come back and say "see I was right!". And you'll never admit they were just guesses should they pan out to be incorrect. "Ohh, so sue me" is the usual answer.

But allow me to allow you to save face. Give me a link to back up your facts that it won't be here to summer, and it will be a 2022 from Genesis, (both, not just one, it's a combined effort). If you can back that up, I'll say I was wrong. And not reports with hypotheticals and car rags. I've seen 2021. I've seen 2022. I've seen spring. I've seen "maybe later". I haven't seen "definitely 2022". I also haven't seen "definitely summer". So, if you have the links...

Your words back in May 2020: "No need to make an argument against a claim that was never stated." So, why are you making an argument against a claim that was never stated? ;) I went through your old posts. You seem to carry yourself with some high esteem, and may not be used to being called on it... this is me, calling you on it. Prove it. I know, not a good 1st introduction. But hey, when pushed, I'm not going to just take some keyboard warriors fingers vomiting on the keyboard as gospel. ;)

Imp. (Active community car forum poster since 1995)
So after having 25 years to hone your forum communication skills, I would have expected a less nasty response to Backslack. 🤨 Just seems like an over reaction to his comment.

Backslack

Registered Member
lol, is that guy still going at it? I don't see his posts anymore so I assume he blocked me, but clearly he can't hide his pain in the bum. :unsure:

I also have a hard time believing anyone who spent 25 years on forums would use "interwebz" unironically.

Imp

Registered Member
NE
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So after having 25 years to hone your forum communication skills, I would have expected a less nasty response to Backslack. 🤨 Just seems like an over reaction to his comment.
I appreciate the comment. 1) He claimed them as facts. I asked him to show me the facts. 2) He said I was having a stroke over it, when it was simply a question, can he show a link to back up his facts? 3) he responded to questions I never asked (putting words in my mouth). I *really* don't like that and that brings out the sarcasm. :)

If this is how new members get treated by long standing members here? Looking at his post history, it appears it is, by him.

Also, FYI: he blocked me, and turned on 2 way blocking, so whatever he's saying, I cannot see, nor respond to. Something to keep in mind when reading his posts... so, did he post the link to what he claims are facts yet? I wouldn't be able to see them. Can someone cut and paste them?

Also, also, FYI: He is, what we call, a forum bully. He comes around trying to push his weight for having been a long standing member, *correcting* someone without any proof, "take my word for it" demeaning attitude (look at his old posts, he pretty much only knows how to type in a holier than thou condescending tone). It's really simple. When someone makes a claim, you ask them for the proof. No proof, they then try and play the victim or change the subject. That's a forum bully. Thing is, he just ran into a brick wall, me, because I know how to identify them and challenge them.

Take me off block, and post the proof, Backslack. :)

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I appreciate the comment. 1) He claimed them as facts. I asked him to show me the facts. 2) He said I was having a stroke over it, when it was simply a question, can he show a link to back up his facts? 3) he responded to questions I never asked (putting words in my mouth). I *really* don't like that and that brings out the sarcasm. :)

If this is how new members get treated by long standing members here? Looking at his post history, it appears it is, by him.

Also, FYI: he blocked me, and turned on 2 way blocking, so whatever he's saying, I cannot see, nor respond to. Something to keep in mind when reading his posts... so, did he post the link to what he claims are facts yet? I wouldn't be able to see them. Can someone cut and paste them?

Also, also, FYI: He is, what we call, a forum bully. He comes around trying to push his weight for having been a long standing member, *correcting* someone without any proof, "take my word for it" demeaning attitude (look at his old posts, he pretty much only knows how to type in a holier than thou condescending tone). It's really simple. When someone makes a claim, you ask them for the proof. No proof, they then try and play the victim or change the subject. That's a forum bully. Thing is, he just ran into a brick wall, me, because I know how to identify them and challenge them.

Take me off block, and post the proof, Backslack. :)
He is NOT a long standing member. All he does is start arguments with actual long standing members and newbies. You are 100% correct in regards to him.

Nuff said.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums