• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

SPYSHOTS: The next generation of the Genesis G80 is here

armen212

Registered Member
CA
In the brochure i saw it says sequential turn signals. no way thats for usa since its not allowed. also the blue interior is not foe here.

SuperKing

Registered Member
Vancouver, BC
When you buy a $300,000 Ferrari you don't mind the gas guzzler tax. If the 2025 CAFE remains at 54.5 you've seen the last of the V8. A lot of Accents will have to sell to support the Genesis V8.

You can also pay a penalty
Corporate average fuel economy - Wikipedia
"Several experts stated that this is (penalties) not enough of a monetary incentive for manufacturers to comply with CAFE."[100] For example, in 25 years, from 1983 to 2008, Mercedes-Benz paid penalties 21 times and BMW paid penalties 20 times.
Good thing it doesn't apply up north

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

armen212

Registered Member
CA
Who says it’s not allowed?

Audi has has them for 2 years. And the new Avalon has them. Mustang has had them for a dozen years. And the Ford t-bird and merc cougar had them in the late 60’s.
in america there are dumb regulations. there's a size requirement for the signals thats why audi has sequential signals but there's a bigger light bar on the bottom of it that blinks and for the mustang they are allowed because its big enough. all the cars in europe that have sequential lights are small and you'll notice the trend.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
in america there are dumb regulations. there's a size requirement for the signals thats why audi has sequential signals but there's a bigger light bar on the bottom of it that blinks and for the mustang they are allowed because its big enough. all the cars in europe that have sequential lights are small and you'll notice the trend.
Your explanation is confusing. OK, yes we do have some dumb regulations.
Are you saying the Mustang is big enough or the lights are big enough?
Only small cars in Europe have sequential lights?

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

armen212

Registered Member
CA
yes I am aware of the regulations, but the G80 has a very large turn signal area so I don't see it as being that big of an issue for Genesis/Hyundai.

the 2019 Avalon (and I believe the ES from Lexus) have the sequential turn signals in the USA, I've seen them multiple times and they are pretty thin, but unlike Audi, Toyota integrated a base flasher at the end of the sweep to circumvent the regulation:

Avalon even gets a sweeping front signal, again with a base flasher as well to accommodate the laws.

as you can see the toyota avalon when it first blinks the whole light blinks which conforms to the size regulation then it slowly go away making it look sequential.

armen212

Registered Member
CA
Your explanation is confusing. OK, yes we do have some dumb regulations.
Are you saying the Mustang is big enough or the lights are big enough?
Only small cars in Europe have sequential lights?
the mustang has 3 lights which are all big enough to be a turn signal on there own so they just make it into a sequential sequence. if the lights where smaller like half that size(example audi) then they would need a bigger light to blink in the beginning(like audi).

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

armen212

Registered Member
CA
actually that is not how the Toyota works. if you watch the slow motion video, the inside light is a flasher, the outer light is the sweep.

with the G80 it has 2 turn signals on each side, the trunk light and the quarter panel light, the trunk panel doubles as the reverse light. As such it would be very simple to make the same style, a normal flashing signal on the inner (trunk) light and a sweep on the outer light. Also not the G80 turn signals are much larger than the Toyota or Audi in their current form so I would wonder if the regulation would even be at issue.
that flasher on the toyota is there for the regulation otherwise why would it not go perfectly from inside to out.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Last edited:

armen212

Registered Member
CA
yes I said that 3 times. Toyota met the regulation by making a dual panel signal, one that sweeps and one that flashes. Audi choose to use a secondary light to accomplish the same thing.

to readdress your initial statement:

There is a way for sweeping/sequential turn signals to work in the USA. since we don't know if Hyundai has done a dual panel or multiple light setup, your initial statement is a logical fallacy, it is quite possible that the US models with have sequential turn signals.

it isn't that it "isn't allow" it is that it "is regulated" and is allowed if said regulations for size and rate of flash are met.
that's my bad i misinterpreted your question. yes your right about how hyundai will be going about it.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
the mustang has 3 lights which are all big enough to be a turn signal on there own so they just make it into a sequential sequence. if the lights where smaller like half that size(example audi) then they would need a bigger light to blink in the beginning(like audi).
OK, that makes sense. You can have them, just have to meet the size on each of the lights or fade like the Avalon.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
More spy shots from this site:

https://thekoreancarblog.com/2018/12/03/2020-genesis-g80-spied-again-wearing-gold-paint/

The site also claims that it knows for certain that:

- The Theta engine (single turbo) and Lambda engine (new twin turbo) will be used
- It has a focus on lighter weight
- It'll use the 3D gauges and larger infotainment
- It'll use some indirect blowing AC and independent audio system per passenger or something...?

I'm not sure how trustworthy this source is since the grammar is so poor.