• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

SPYSHOTS: The next generation of the Genesis G80 is here

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Crap...I meant LA Auto Show in the fall. I corrected my post. Sorry about that.
Wait so you are saying that the G80 and GV80 will both get revealed together at the LA Auto Show or just the GV80??

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I just know both will be there. As for any reveals...that I do not know.
Oh okay. I know that the press for NY AutoShow confirmed that Genesis will reveal a new model. We’ll have to wait and see in April.

Acpantera

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Exciting to see a renewed model, powertrain advancements, Infotainment updates, styling and quality pushed to new levels.
If Genesis wants to WOW the automotive world and all those interested in the brand, they should really show off their engineering prowess and figure out a way to put a dang REMOTE START BUTTON ON THE FOB!!!!

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Exciting to see a renewed model, powertrain advancements, Infotainment updates, styling and quality pushed to new levels.
If Genesis wants to WOW the automotive world and all those interested in the brand, they should really show off their engineering prowess and figure out a way to put a dang REMOTE START BUTTON ON THE FOB!!!!
They have, it is called "aftermarket starter" As long as the BlueLink needs funding I don't think we will see a fob remote.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
BMW’s just recently this year started to roll out Remote start for their vehicles. I hope that Genesis offers it as a standard feature so it’s another plus to add on to all the standard features they have.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
BMW’s just recently this year started to roll out Remote start for their vehicles. I hope that Genesis offers it as a standard feature so it’s another plus to add on to all the standard features they have.
Looks like it is part of an option package on some models. Of course, paint is an option with them too, unless you want plain white.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Looks like it is part of an option package on some models. Of course, paint is an option with them too, unless you want plain white.
Yeah I’ve seen it first hand. It works very well though I will say that. I think that they aren’t the only brand that offer it as an option I think even the FCA vehicle offer it as an option to have. I could be wrong.

the.tru.albertan

Getting familiar with the group...
Red Deer, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Not sure if this belongs here but the newest render of what is expected is out on KCB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TAKE MY MONEY! TAKE IT NOW!!!

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
not a fan of the headlights or the tail lights (they scream MBZ to me) nor the fake side vents.

and based on the camo spy shots the body in the render looks to round/bubbly
I kind of disagree with the is looking like MBZ. MBZ doesn’t do a split tail and headlight design on there vehicles. Also that isn’t a side vent, that is the turning signals. Genesis is is offering it on the fenders instead of the wing mirror housing. Look at the G90 for example.

the.tru.albertan

Getting familiar with the group...
Red Deer, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'm loving the head and tail lights. The front end and side profile seem pretty spot on from what we have seen in the spy shots. I think the rear end is fantastic in the render but is it true to the spy shots? I dunno.

Really, really looking forward to the reveal of this car. I have never been so excited for a vehicle debut before. Just point me in the direction of who can take my pre-order.... haha

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
not a fan of the headlights or the tail lights (they scream MBZ to me) nor the fake side vents.

and based on the camo spy shots the body in the render looks to round/bubbly
I kind of disagree with the is looking like MBZ. MBZ doesn’t do a split tail and headlight design on there vehicles. Also that isn’t a side vent, that is the turning signals. Genesis is is offering it on the fenders instead of the wing mirror housing. Look at the G90 for example.
This.

Altho in the G90, the turn signal is extended/integrated into the side vents.

And what's an MBZ (does Mr. I mean the MKZ)?

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Alright (always thought the abbrev for Mercedes Benz was MB), but don't see that.

However, MB front-end designs have been getting more like Hyundai these days.