Supercharger or twin turbo

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
Just an update - there were delays in the fabrication of the adapter plates - i expect them mid-December.

As to the SEMA cars that were turbo and supercharged...they did not 'run', as there was no tuning capability at that time. Honestly it all comes down to fabrication at this point. It's a matter of who has the money and time to put this together. We are very close, and hope that there is still a small market out there interested. Either way, Ed and I will have some go fast at the very least. lol :D

Turboba6

Registered Member
Tailwalker is Correct, I was at Sema back then, and I Asked about them, they said they were for "Show" only as it was Impossible to tune the cars...

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
Good news is that a tune is available for 4.6 and 5.0 through MY 2015. Should we decide to make a kit for the 5.0, it will take a bit longer to develop. Simple reasoning is that we both own the 4.6 lol. We're building this for our enjoyment and vehicles first. We may branch out at that point, once we've solidified the 4.6.

Dubstep808

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hawaii
Bump, I'd like to know more about this. Having a supercharger on my 4.6 would be amazing. If you don't plan on releasing it as a product could you post what you know so I could build it myself? thanks in advance! :D

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
Not by us. There is a turbo kit on the market already, possibly a supercharger kit as well. I believe I've heard something to that affect. Google it for the coupe though.

JramboG

Houston, Tx
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
would love to see what you guys come up with! Dying to find something for my 2011 4.6

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
Anything is possible. We are working through the possibilities, looking for the most cost effective result for everyone. All will require some sort of adapter plate to marry the manifold to the charger. This is the delay; design and R&D for the plates.

j_fields1357

virginia
Genesis Model Type
Okay. By the way I do have unlimited access to a machine shop so if you have any sketches or ideas I could fab something up.

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
Hmm. Once we get the CAD's, perhaps. PM me with estimated costs please. I'll elaborate the process at that time.

j_fields1357

virginia
Genesis Model Type

Tailwalker

Registered Member
ILM, NC
The first one is what we have. The second would be the ideal. Can you PM me with your contact info?

Dubstep808

Hawaii
Bump, Lets keep this going I need a supercharger in my life. s-l640.jpg thinking about using this one with a custom adapter plate, Gonna try to 3d print one then cnc cut one from aluminum then bolt it up and hope it works. Anyone know of a good way to tune the factory ECU? or a aftermarket one that supports the genesis? not trying to blow the motor xD

j_fields1357

virginia
Genesis Model Type
The only stand alone ECU you can get is from BTR Tuning. They're about $1k shipped. Do you already have the supercharger?

- - - Updated - - -

Bump, Lets keep this going I need a supercharger in my life. View attachment 13212 thinking about using this one with a custom adapter plate, Gonna try to 3d print one then cnc cut one from aluminum then bolt it up and hope it works. Anyone know of a good way to tune the factory ECU? or a aftermarket one that supports the genesis? not trying to blow the motor xD
The only stand alone ECU you can get is from BTR Tuning. They're about $1k shipped. Do you already have the supercharger?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is another supercharger I found that could work as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-supercharger-for-4-6-litre-Mustang-PRICE-REDUCED/282885577132?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=49917&meid=d49b2d99b09245378cadf7fd84efa612&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=123021356254&itm=282885577132&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

s-l1600.jpg
s-l16i0.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The kit is not complete as of yet. It will be comparable in price to the 4.6 Mustang SC kits, when it becomes available.
Here are two pictures I found where they almost match perfectly

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~TAAAOxyyghQ9MUp/s-l1600.jpg

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/TTgAAOSwVFlUEOVV/s-l1600.jpg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.