• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Tesla CyberTruck

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
EV to me is boring like ive said before ICE engines are like a work of art speccially big power ICE engines that shakes your house everytime you start it up, playing in high rpms and listening to that engine scream and lighting up your tires doing burn outs , how about that sweet smell of 100 oct...... :headbang:
that may be true, but a car from the 50's that was a 'work of art' at the time would be boring as hell and dangerous to drive today. With innovation and time, I imagine history will repeat itself

MG8

Hasn't posted much yet...
that may be true, but a car from the 50's that was a 'work of art' at the time would be boring as hell and dangerous to drive today. With innovation and time, I imagine history will repeat itself
[/QUO
boring??? idk man but those are classics, i seen some dope builds and heard some engines that sound amazing.

MG8

I mean how would you restore a EV in the future? will they ever be classics ? you going to swap your tesla battery with a combination of duracell and energizer battery and call it a frankenstein like the do in the honda communities with ls/vtec? :)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Exactly. EV is the future, like it or not, but it will be a slow transition. Battery cost and capacity, along with the needed infrastructure, will be the pacing items.
Don't worry, you'll be able to bang those gears for a long time. (I can see the future bumper stickers now.. "you'll have to take my gearshift from my cold, dead fingers".)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Dimitry

Registered Member
tesla is only fun on acceleration, cool feels like a ride, but reality After three or four laps at tire-torturing, the car begins to reduce power output. i dont find waiting for a charge any fun.
IDK about this, nothing more fun than dumping the clutch, banging through gears, heel toe , down shifting on turns , thats fun to me real sports and spirited driving.
To each their own of course! I'd say its more of an acquired taste. I'm a huge fan of the safety and technology (naturally being in the technology sector) that Tesla offers. I quite enjoy the art aspect of certain combustion cars still (I absolutely love the 458, 488, Aventador, new Continental GT stylings), and they're still fun, just not as fun for me personally :) I certainly don't miss going to the gas station or getting oil changes in the Tesla for sure!

As for the environmentally conscious, electric vehicles are far worse than conventional, combustion engine vehicles when you factor in the manufacturing waste and processes for the batteries and related components not to mention the eventual disposal issues.
This isn't true. There may be certain techniques that may be worse with EVs, if you factor in the overall affect, it is less detrimental than oil.

I'm pretty proud that Tesla has been around nearly a full magnitude longer than a lot of traditional brands and is already the most valuable domestic brand. Something is certainly to be said for a company that doesn't spend money on endorsements or advertisements, and can't produce enough cars to sell quick enough to meet demand. It's the most disruption I have seen in the industry ever, I can't wait to see the next 5-10 years as battery chemistry improves.

Let's not forget gas taxes. Both State and Federal governments get a few pennies a gallon. For now, the EVs are getting a break but once the funds drop they will recoup somehow.
A lot of states are beginning to recoup that by higher annual registration fees. I'll pay $100 more just for having a full EV here in my state, that will probably continue to be the general trend.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'll own an EV at some point when other car manufacturers catch up to Tesla's tech. Aside from the Model S, I think every Tesla is duck ugly (yes duck, as in duck face), and the interiors are just horrendous!! Controlling EVERYTHING through that huge iPad is ridiculous, and in some cases, dangerous. The minimalist design cues are great for hotels, but not so much for cars. Also, the fit and finish (both exterior and interior) are pretty sloppy. But to be fair, most american automakers are in the same category. Lol.

I like what Tesla is doing in terms of technology, but I don't like the majority of their finished products.

I don't know much about lithium mining, but I have seen several articles like this about Tesla's Gigafactories....

Tesla Gigafactory Employee Death Raises Workers' Safety Concerns

Tesla's safety problems at its Nevada Gigafactory detailed in new report

Tesla factory workers reveal pain, injury and stress: 'Everything feels like the future but us'

...I'm sure some of it is hyperbole, but when you start seeing consistent reports saying essentially the same thing, then you've got to admit that there is some truth to the claims.

Julius88

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I did not save the information so I don't have any citations, but there are studies showing EV is no better. There are articles about 10 year old kids working in lithium mines too. Do a Google search and 800,000 hits will let you decide.
Again, I'm not a scientist so I won't definitively disagree with you, but I do doubt the position that EVs are no better, or as some will argue, worse for the environment than ICE cars. I don't work directly in the EV industry, but am in finance and my firm invests heavily in the renewable energy sector. My colleague manages a portfolio that is focused on EV tech and his team is very much aware of current research in the area. Hearing him tell it, a lot of studies that are critical of EV tech have been discredited as biased, or at best, do not have the backing of the independent scientific community. Don't forget that Tesla is one of the most shorted stock in the US market so there is a lot of financial interest in spreading information that is detrimental to the EV industry, and some parties will not necessarily care whether that information is true or not.

As far as kids working in lithium mines, I'm cynical enough about the state of the world to believe this. It's definitely sad, but I don't think exploitation of people (particularly in the developing world) is a problem that is isolated to EV technology. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I don't think condemning EVs will solve this.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
boring??? idk man but those are classics, i seen some dope builds and heard some engines that sound amazing.
This was my LS3 powered Chevelle that I built. Classics are great because you can actually work on them even with modern engines and drivetrains.

Attachments

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To each their own of course! I'd say its more of an acquired taste. I'm a huge fan of the safety and technology (naturally being in the technology sector) that Tesla offers. I quite enjoy the art aspect of certain combustion cars still (I absolutely love the 458, 488, Aventador, new Continental GT stylings), and they're still fun, just not as fun for me personally :) I certainly don't miss going to the gas station or getting oil changes in the Tesla for sure!
So why are you in the G70 forum? As far as I know, G70s aren't electric.

MG8

To each their own of course! I'd say its more of an acquired taste. I'm a huge fan of the safety and technology (naturally being in the technology sector) that Tesla offers. I quite enjoy the art aspect of certain combustion cars still (I absolutely love the 458, 488, Aventador, new Continental GT stylings), and they're still fun, just not as fun for me personally :) I certainly don't miss going to the gas station or getting oil changes.
Wait till your tesla breaks down and is no longer covered under warranty. Wait till you go in for your 15k or 30k service wait. Wait till you get your tesla towed cause it wont charge .Dont believe me just watch. Wait what are you even doing in this forum?

Julius88

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
EV to me is boring like ive said before ICE engines are like a work of art speccially big power ICE engines that shakes your house everytime you start it up, playing in high rpms and listening to that engine scream and lighting up your tires doing burn outs , how about that sweet smell of 100 oct...... :headbang:
There's definitely something appealing about a finely tuned combustion engine that's just seething with power, and by contrast an EV seems so sterile. It definitely requires a big shift in mindset, and that's for me as well. I was considering a Tesla, but at the end of the day, I chose to be a proud owner of a gas guzzling, CO2 emitting twin turbo G70. And have no regrets about it.

I'll own an EV at some point when other car manufacturers catch up to Tesla's tech. Aside from the Model S, I think every Tesla is duck ugly (yes duck, as in duck face), and the interiors are just horrendous!! Controlling EVERYTHING through that huge iPad is ridiculous, and in some cases, dangerous. The minimalist design cues are great for hotels, but not so much for cars. Also, the fit and finish (both exterior and interior) are pretty sloppy. But to be fair, most american automakers are in the same category. Lol.
Totally agree. The Model 3 looks tolerably okay from the back, but from the front, its duck face is just weird. Tesla should hire new designers. And those blah interiors...Tesla fans like to say its clean and minimalist, but really it's just cheap and lacks personality. And controlling everything thru the center screen is most definitely dangerous. They may have fixed it at this point, but there was a time when a person needed to go through several submenus in the center screen to adjust the speed of the windshield wipers. Imagine having to take your eyes off the road when it's dark and rainy out to fiddle with the center screen...

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums