• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Test pipes aka secondary cat delete pipes

inmanlanier

Getting familiar with the group...
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Yes, your solution works, however now you're into some customization. Furthermore, with the fed fines on 'removing/tampering' emissions on cars, there are numerous shops that won't touch that kind of work. I've not checked under there in a while - but your photo infers that it's very tight after the cat before the elbows.

inmanlanier

Getting familiar with the group...
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
The R spec is the previous model (Gen 1). The last part of this thread to which the diagrams were posted and to which I replied was for the current (2015 and later) 5.0. In the 2015 and later models there is no 4.6.

To your question regarding a 4.6 - yes - the question regarding the original post that this is most definitely refers to the Gen 1 4.6. That's what I had 'test pipes' on. The were simply a spool piece of tubing with a floating flange on one end.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums